Windows 10: Grainy looking desktop display

Discus and support Grainy looking desktop display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I was playing a game via Origin. The game crashed, prompted a pop-up showing a DirectX error code, however I did not get to properly read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HughieJordan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Grainy looking desktop display

Hi all,

I was playing a game via Origin.

The game crashed, prompted a pop-up showing a DirectX error code, however I did not get to properly read this as it disappeared.

I was then returned to the desktop screen to find that it is now all grainy with pixelated background.

Nothing is out of proportion and the zoom level remains at 100% which it was at previously however now the display looks grainy and unclear.

I dont recall having done any updates recently. So am unsure that it is an update issue.

My setup.

Amd Ryzen 9 3900x.

16GB Ram at 4000mhrz

Rtx 2080 Super

AGON AMD Freesync monitor 2560 x 1440p @ 144hz

Display settings on the desktop read as 1440p, 144hz and 64bit windows.

Everything is reading as it should be however it simply doesn'tappear clean and crisp like it did before.

No matter what a toggle in conrrol panel display settings, it wont change back to how it was.

Ive only had my pc about 3 weeks. This is the first issue ive ever had.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

:)

HughieJordan, Feb 4, 2020

2. Grainy and shadowed resolution

I just purchased a new Dell Inspiron 3650 with Windows 10 installed by OEM. The display for all documents, pictures, even the Desktop are very grainy and shadowed. The recommended resolution of 1920x1080 for my monitor results in the display being run
    off the edges (does that make sense?). I had to choose resolution of 1680x1050 in order to fully see desktop display, including the "Start" button. Is there a fix for the graininess of the display? Very hard on eyes ... capitol "B" looks like an "8".

MichaelKPQuinn, Feb 4, 2020
  3. leot__ Win User
    External monitor grainy

I have connected an external monitor with an HDMI cable. However the display is grainy.

my specs are:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Processor: Intel (R) Celeron(R) CPU N3060 @1.6 GHz
    • Display adaptor: Intel (R) HD graphics
    My monitor display setting are:

Grainy looking desktop display 0b4fa857-ca49-4455-91f2-66851cd2a905?upload=true.png

How do I setup my monitor so that it doesn't show this grainy display?

leot__, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Grainy looking desktop display

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Grainy looking desktop display

1. Grainy looking desktop display - Similar Threads - Grainy looking desktop

2. Grainy Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grainy Sound: I'm having new issues with my laptop sound being really grainy, and it gets worse when I'm in a video call. I recently had to reinstall my AMD graphics driver after a series of issues, and it seems like that's fixed now, but it's possible that the sound issue had something to...
  3. Grainy Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grainy Sound: I'm having new issues with my laptop sound being really grainy, and it gets worse when I'm in a video call. I recently had to reinstall my AMD graphics driver after a series of issues, and it seems like that's fixed now, but it's possible that the sound issue had something to...
  4. Grainy Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Grainy Pixelated Screen / Display Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grainy Pixelated Screen / Display Problem: I turned on my computer last evening and noticed that it resembled graph paper with tiny dots covering the entire screen. I tried fixing it using display in Windows but was unable to. Please tell me how I can rectify this issue as I am unable to reach support....
  6. Grainy? affect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grainy? affect: So idk what the fuck is going on but if anyone has even a minor thing that would make this even a little better id like help submitted by /u/Aperture173 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgoqew/grainy_affect/
  7. Grainy Desktop applications and software.

Grainy Desktop applications and software.: I have an Alienware M15 r1 and have had it for about a year now and this problem has occurred a few months from now but I just had to deal with it until it got extremely severe. Image below. Ask any question. This is the Epic Games store.[IMG]...
  8. Grainy applications

Grainy applications: Hello, I am having a problem with my laptop, Most of my applications are grainy and fuzzy picture below, any questions about my software and what im running will be answered quickly thanks and regards[ATTACH]...
  9. Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop: I'm looking for a way to display a simple digital clock and weather on the desktop. Sense Desktop seems to have a decent solution, but even the paid version isn't fully customizable to my liking. Ideally I would like a clock like this and weather like this, but with the...
  10. Grainy / Bad Quality Desktop Background Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grainy / Bad Quality Desktop Background Windows 10: I recently got a new windows 10 PC, and installing all of the drivers went smoothly. However, since first booting up this PC my desktop background looks grainy and really bad quality no matter what image I use. My graphics drivers are up to date and I'm on the correct...