Windows 10: Gramps problem

Discus and support Gramps problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was using Gramps (genealogical program) on Win !0, then sometime in 2020, I don't know exactly when or after which update it does not open properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EngineeringRelevant8, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Gramps problem

I was using Gramps (genealogical program) on Win !0, then sometime in 2020, I don't know exactly when or after which update it does not open properly anymore. Gramps opens, but ALL content is square boxes instead of characters. I thought it used Unicode, but changing the usual Win 10 settings for language and region, etc. have no effect. I find no help googling relevant forums.

submitted by /u/EngineeringRelevant8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EngineeringRelevant8, Oct 24, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Oct 24, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Gramps problem

UNIGINE-Valley BENCHMARK scores

OK, no problem! It's your list...I was just making a suggestion. No hard feelings?

rtwjunkie, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Gramps problem

1. Gramps problem - Similar Threads - Gramps problem

2. Windows laptop quiet volume problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows laptop quiet volume problem: Hi I have an HP running Windows 10 and this seems to be a problem that happens over time is the volume gets quieter and quieter. It's happened before on other laptops I've owned over time, a Dell and an Acer but the only thing consistent is the OS. It's the worst in browsers...
  3. Microphone problem with Realtek Audio Console

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone problem with Realtek Audio Console: I have to mute my Realtek microphone, otherwise my computer makes a loud noise when I close my laptop and it also makes a loud noise when I try to talk on Skype....
  4. Photos App problem. Video edited on old computer, how to access the file??

Photos App problem. Video edited on old computer, how to access the file??: I have a laptop that recently died. I had been using the video editor on the photo app to make simple videos of some trips I went on. The videos took forever, mainly due to sorting through tons of videos. I am able to access the old HD on my new computer via an enclosure. How...
  5. Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Problems: I recently installed Windows 10 from USB. I have a HP laptop. A software called DTS Sound came preinstalled with it. But, now after installing Windows 10 from USB, I can't see it. Whenever, I plugged in a headphone, it always said, 'You just plugged in a device in the audio...
  6. Windows Cpu Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Cpu Problem: so basically when i run a game and play on it for like 10-20 mins the cpu speed jumps from 1.50Ghz to 0.70-0.80Ghz and that became a problem because when the cpu speed gets lower i can not play games also the system gets very slow and i need a solution for this my pc:...
  7. DirectX Diagnostic Tool "problem accessing Media Foundation" at pc start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Diagnostic Tool "problem accessing Media Foundation" at pc start: "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Media Foundation the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Media Foundation this time?" This is the message I have been getting for some time every time I open up my computer. Everything...
  8. I cant solve the problem!

I cant solve the problem!: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/bmv9ekuhoy261.png?width=792&format=png&auto=webp&s=61387a6146e0184354e37e19e2073ca376aa0b13 submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5vw3o/i_cant_solve_the_problem/
  9. Problems with fonts after a system update.

Problems with fonts after a system update.: Hello! I have a problem. After the last update, all fonts on the systems became ugly when using 1080p resolution. At 1440p, fonts are smooth and beautiful (native monitor resolution is 1440p).Before the system update, fonts looked good at 1080p. I used the ClearType utility -...
  10. Windows 10 Double Login problem still not solved

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Double Login problem still not solved: I'm getting the double login problem since the last WIndows 10 update. I've never had this problem before. This is a known problem thats been around for some time since 2017 approx, it seems, but the previous fix see...