Windows 10: Gramps problem

Discus and support Gramps problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was using Gramps (genealogical program) on Win !0, then sometime in 2020, I don't know exactly when or after which update it does not open properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EngineeringRelevant8, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Gramps problem

I was using Gramps (genealogical program) on Win !0, then sometime in 2020, I don't know exactly when or after which update it does not open properly anymore. Gramps opens, but ALL content is square boxes instead of characters. I thought it used Unicode, but changing the usual Win 10 settings for language and region, etc. have no effect. I find no help googling relevant forums.

submitted by /u/EngineeringRelevant8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EngineeringRelevant8, Oct 24, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Oct 24, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Gramps problem

UNIGINE-Valley BENCHMARK scores

OK, no problem! It's your list...I was just making a suggestion. No hard feelings?

rtwjunkie, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Gramps problem

1. Gramps problem - Similar Threads - Gramps problem

2. Problem with date and time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with date and time.: I am having a problem with the date and time settings in my pc . When I am on the dekstop and doing browsing or any sort of work the time works perfectly and it also changes. But when I shutdown my PC and open it like after 5 minutes the time does not change and it time...
  3. I have a problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a problem.: Hello, I doubt anyone is gonna see this but it is my only option after doing like 20 google searches and not finding anything. Can someone tell me how to get rid of this long white line under the taskbar? It's hiding the taskbar lines which are under an icon (they show if...
  4. SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?: Hi all, I did some searching and I couldn't find an answer... I was wanting to reboot my Windows 10 PC right now and allow it to finish installing the "Windows 10 November 2020 Cumulative Update" but it seems like we had a power failure during the night so the Windows 10 PC...
  5. Blue Screen problem

Blue Screen problem: For some reason I keep getting blue screens and I have no idea why, or how to solve it. When I get blue screens I get different stop codes like "irql_not_less_or_equal", "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" or even "cache_manager". I would really appreciate if someone could help...
  6. Network adapter problem

Network adapter problem: So I bought used parts and built a pc from it. The pc was and still working fine. I was using an ethernet cable and I was connected to the internet. The next day I could no longer connect to the internet using the cable and I couldn't even find my network adapter under...
  7. Windows Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Problems: I recently updated my pc to windows 20H2 but after that when I check for any available updates sometimes an update named 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus-KB2267602' Shows pending download. After starting the download it shows installing but...
  8. Sound problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problem: My Laptop/PC left speaker produces a scratching sound when on speaker mode. It generally works well with earphones. What might the issue.....sound drives or hardware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problem/36c313ac-aa97-4c2c-8558-3c7513d6afbb
  9. Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool: Hello everybody! Here is my problem... I have disabled Automatic Windows Update using the Local Group Policy Editor. Instead, I use Windows Update mini tool. I run it every two weeks and I choose what to install and what not. After months of doing the job fine, today...
  10. Black screen with cursor problem on windows 10 home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor problem on windows 10 home: Hey, microsoft I bought a new asus gaming laptop came with windows pre-installed with activated product key 2 months ago and I am still happy with that laptop. but yesterday I updated windows 10 from settings and after booting up and log in, I cant see my desktop,taskbar...