Windows 10: Grandchild hijacked my computer!!!!

Discus and support Grandchild hijacked my computer!!!! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need to reclaim my computer. I am the only administrator on my desktop Computer. My 12 year old grand daughter has downloaded her school files onto... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SharonOdomRogers, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Grandchild hijacked my computer!!!!

I need to reclaim my computer. I am the only administrator on my desktop Computer. My 12 year old grand daughter has downloaded her school files onto my computer and somehow allowed the school to take over my computer. It won't allow me to Change anything. I need to reset back to my Windows !0 instillation. It keeps saying I have to contact my Administrator. Please help me!!!!

:)

SharonOdomRogers, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Browser hijacked by safesurfs.com Malware

After reading what you went through I would strongly suggest you read the advice of Monkey57 and try his steps. Normally

Browser hijackers
    don't show this kind of behavior and more could be going on. Normally I don't suggest Resetting your computer but in this case....

Tenforo, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member

Grandchild has changed my password

Your problem is equivalent to you giving your one and only house key to your grandchild. A much better idea would be to give him a key to the backdoor, and having a spare key for your self - just in case.

Unfortunately the remedy to your problem is painful:

1. Create a Windows Repair CD on a friend's Windows 7 PC. It's done via the Control Panel / Backup and Restore.
    2. Use this CD to boot your machine into Windows Repair Mode. You won't need a password.
    3. Use System Restore to set Windows back to a point before the password got changed.
    4. Create, test and document a spare admin account.
    5. Create and test a spare non-admin account for your grandchild, e.g. "Visitor". This will limit the damage he/she can do next time.

Tenforo, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member
Thema:

Grandchild hijacked my computer!!!!

1. Grandchild hijacked my computer!!!! - Similar Threads - Grandchild hijacked computer

2. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!: Microsoft took over my computer, everything disappeared all files and photos and took over administrative things. It won't let me use a recovery program because it says I am just a standard user. It changed user name and owner of my computer. What do I do to get my computer...
  3. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!: Microsoft took over my computer, everything disappeared all files and photos and took over administrative things. It won't let me use a recovery program because it says I am just a standard user. It changed user name and owner of my computer. What do I do to get my computer...
  4. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hijacked computer: How can I tell if someone hijacked my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hijacked-computer/56d15fc4-bb49-4535-8d35-7cb87832637e
  6. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hijacked computer: How can I tell if someone hijacked my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hijacked-computer/56d15fc4-bb49-4535-8d35-7cb87832637e
  7. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator: This is completely unacceptable. Microsoft should compensate for wasted electricity. Not only the computer is running but the screens are forced to stay on too which normally turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity. I have wasted 24+ hours on this nonsense. Some of the...
  9. Windows Hijacks Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Hijacks Computer: Windows still has a bug that forces your computer to use 100% of the disk, and this has ruined more than 1 HDDs. I recently upgraded to an SSD and I still have problems. Most recently my computer becomes very slow and when I open task manager it says 100% disk usage for a...
  10. Microsoft is hijacking my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is hijacking my computer: It has been months now since the latest Windows 10 upgrade and I am going in circles with this upgrade. It barely finished installing it that it starts downloading again, slows down my computer, not allowing me to work, practically hijacking my computer. I have had...