Windows 10: Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline

Discus and support Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good morning,My grandparents have locked the Microsoft account and are unable to receive the 2FA code. Apparently they got confused when setting 2FA... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bibliotender, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline

Good morning,My grandparents have locked the Microsoft account and are unable to receive the 2FA code. Apparently they got confused when setting 2FA and entered their landline which can't receive text messages. I'm not seeing any other option to send the code to their email for verification. Account recovery seems to be denied because 2FA was enabled. What next steps can we take?

:)

Bibliotender, Mar 20, 2023
  2. mickydoob Win User

2FA on account

Hi, I wanted to add 2FA on a microsoft account. I use the default mail app on 2 windows 10 pc's with outlook email addresses. I assumed when I activated 2FA that I would need to create an app password for each of the pc's. Do they need new app passwords or will they continue to work as before with 2FA enabled. Hope this makes sense thanks

mickydoob, Mar 20, 2023
  3. cereberus Win User
    Outlook with 2FA?

I use 2FA on outlook for my company email, and if it does not get a response from my mobile phone, it calls a phone mumber (that you supplied during 2FA setup) and you press # key to verify.

Obviously, use an alternative number different to mobile - landline even works.

cereberus, Mar 20, 2023
  4. angus Win User

Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline

1. Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline - Similar Threads - Grandparents Account Locked

2. Account suspended with 2fa active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account suspended with 2fa active: Recently I got locked out of my account for ‘Violating terms and services’. The account, which I only use to play Minecraft, for some reason got locked, I filled in the reactivation form and it got reactivated. Just to be sure there wasn’t anyone trying to get into my account...
  3. Account suspended with 2fa active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account suspended with 2fa active: Recently I got locked out of my account for ‘Violating terms and services’. The account, which I only use to play Minecraft, for some reason got locked, I filled in the reactivation form and it got reactivated. Just to be sure there wasn’t anyone trying to get into my account...
  4. Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline: Good morning,My grandparents have locked the Microsoft account and are unable to receive the 2FA code. Apparently they got confused when setting 2FA and entered their landline which can't receive text messages. I'm not seeing any other option to send the code to their email...
  5. Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline

Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline: Good morning,My grandparents have locked the Microsoft account and are unable to receive the 2FA code. Apparently they got confused when setting 2FA and entered their landline which can't receive text messages. I'm not seeing any other option to send the code to their email...
  6. Text messages to a landline - account recovery

Text messages to a landline - account recovery: I’m seeing a recurring problem with account recovery on Microsoft IDs I run a computer support company focused on home users. This is causing serious security problems and is entirely down to Microsoft making a foolish decision which they can reverse. Microsoft used to allow...
  7. 2FA on account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2FA on account: Hi, I wanted to add 2FA on a microsoft account. I use the default mail app on 2 windows 10 pc's with outlook email addresses. I assumed when I activated 2FA that I would need to create an app password for each of the pc's. Do they need new app passwords or will they continue...
  8. 2FA on account

2FA on account: Hi, I wanted to add 2FA on a microsoft account. I use the default mail app on 2 windows 10 pc's with outlook email addresses. I assumed when I activated 2FA that I would need to create an app password for each of the pc's. Do they need new app passwords or will they continue...
  9. 2FA on account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Resetting Account Password with a Landline Phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting Account Password with a Landline Phone: Hi! I'm trying to help my grandfather reset his computer and account password from 500 miles away. He's not very technologically literate, but he's managed to get to the account reset page. The problem we're having is that the phone number attached to his account is a...