Windows 10: Grant Extra Time - but then computer fails to lock

Discus and support Grant Extra Time - but then computer fails to lock in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We use Windows Family for Windows 10. When our kids reach the end of their scheduled time, they click "request more time" - which generates an email... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DKS92, Mar 31, 2019.

1. DKS92 Win User

Grant Extra Time - but then computer fails to lock

We use Windows Family for Windows 10. When our kids reach the end of their scheduled time, they click "request more time" - which generates an email and allows us to approved extra time. The computer will then continue to stay unlocked. However, we have found that it is now failing to lock at the end of the new extended time (for example, we grant an extra hour - but then our child is simply able to say on their machine well past that hour - most times indefinitely). The only way to get it to lock is to log onto the actual web site, and adjust the time limits in some way, which seems to "reset" things.

Why, though, won't the computer simply lock at the end of the extra time we've granted?

:)

DKS92, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Mar 31, 2019
  3. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Grant Extra Time - but then computer fails to lock

Computer is failing to upgrade

Hi Michelle,

Most of the time, failed Windows updates occur due to damaged Windows updates component or third-party programs that prevents your computer to install the updates. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is there an error code displayed when the updates failed to install?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows updates and try installing it again. For your reference, check this article on where to download and run the
    Windows Update Troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Grant Extra Time - but then computer fails to lock

1. Grant Extra Time - but then computer fails to lock - Similar Threads - Grant Extra computer

2. Grant more time not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Grant more time not working: When "grant more screen time" button is pressed when the device is locked an error message appears saying that there was an error and it's not connected to wifi I checked and I was connected every time the device is turned on there's a windows error sound but you can't see it...
  3. Grant more time not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grant more time not working: When "grant more screen time" button is pressed when the device is locked an error message appears saying that there was an error and it's not connected to wifi I checked and I was connected every time the device is turned on there's a windows error sound but you can't see it...
  4. Grant more time not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extra time requested

Extra time requested: My kids requested extra time. I gave for an hour. But he used only 30 minutes. Later on, he want to use PC again but locked.Seems like, if extra time requested and an hour given, kids need to utilize full without break. Why they cannot resume the extra time balance after...
  6. Extra time requested

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra time requested: My kids requested extra time. I gave for an hour. But he used only 30 minutes. Later on, he want to use PC again but locked.Seems like, if extra time requested and an hour given, kids need to utilize full without break. Why they cannot resume the extra time balance after...
  7. Extra time requested

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance?

How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance?: How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance? E.g.Currently this happens:5pm I allow 1 hour extra screen time. My child doesn't go back on the laptop until 5:30pm. At 6pm screen time runs out. He has only actually been given an extra 30...
  9. Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.

Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.: When my child requested to get more screen time, I granted 2 more hours via the email link, signed into my MS account, and verified that the request was approved to extend her time by 2 hours. However the computer still showed the expired lockout screen. Currently the only...
  10. Revoke Extra Time

Revoke Extra Time: This question was asked poorly a few years ago, and it got a poor answer. He clarified his question and it received no response and the thread was subsequently closed. So I'm asking it again in hopes that we can get a good answer here: Here are the scenarios: My son use...