Windows 10: Grant Program Permission to Write Files

Discus and support Grant Program Permission to Write Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonyynotlevy, May 21, 2021.

1. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in programdata, I've tried allowing everything but still the program has same error message.

:)

Tonyynotlevy, May 21, 2021

2. Program Permissions for Roommates

We appreciate your response.

If you're still unable to change the permission settings, you may try these steps:

• Right-click on the application or program that you'd like to grant permissions.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Security > Edit.
    • Under Group or User names, click on the user account name you'd like to have changes with, then tick the
      boxes under Allow.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, May 21, 2021
  3. Administartor rights lost in program file and program files x86

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the files and folders on Program file and Program file x86, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you logged in as an administrator?
    • Is this issue specific only to the Programs file and Program file x86 folders?

Step 1: If you have logged-in as an administrator, I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can access the specific files.

• Right click on the folder and click on
      Properties
    • Click on Security tab and select the
      group\user name.
    • Click on Edit option and check the option
      Full control.
    • Click on Apply and then on
      Ok
      button.

Step 2: Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the C: Drive that you want to take ownership of, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click
      OK on the Security message, if one appears.
    • Click Advanced, and then click the
      Owner tab.
    • In the Name list, click your user name,
      Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the
      Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.

• You may receive the following error message, where
      Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:
      You do not have permission to read the co1ntents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press
      Yes.
    6. Click Yes.

7. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 21, 2021
  4. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

Program Permissions for Roommates

Hi,

To address your concern with granting program permissions, we suggest the you perform these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Under User Account and Family settings click on Add or remove user account.
    • Click on the user account you'd like to have changes with.
    • Under the user account click on Go to the main User Account page >
      Make changes to your user account > Change security settings.
    • In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click
      OK.
    • You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Grant Program Permission to Write Files

1. Grant Program Permission to Write Files - Similar Threads - Grant Program Permission

2. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  3. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  4. Can't grant admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  5. Freezing apps due to no permission to write to Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing apps due to no permission to write to Program Files: Hi. This is an odd issue I've never seen before. Firstly, my Windows specs: This is after an in-place upgrade using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. I did the usual sfc /scannow and DSIM commands. I'm using 3D printing application such as Cura and Prusa and I find that with...
  6. Granting user permission on files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  7. Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera: Hi I log onto a virtual desktop for work, and when asked if I wanted the program to have access to my mic and camera, I said no and ticked the box to say not to ask me again. Now I have to let the program have access, and I don't know how to reset the message. Any...
  8. Programs / Games missing write permissions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs / Games missing write permissions?: I reinstalled Windows 10 a while ago and its been fine. Since maybe a month ago any recently installed steam games are failing to save their configuration (PoE and M&B2). How can I check what permissions are missing? I've tried: * giving all users except ALL APPLICATION...
  9. Granting permission to network user to change files.

Granting permission to network user to change files.: Hello there, Would you please help me to grant a permission for another computer( which is connected via network ) to change files. Thanks Ilhom...
  10. Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10

Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10: Two similar issues. 1) We recently bought a new PC. I set up myself as administrator, and set up local user accounts for my family and me. As administrator, I transferred our picture files from the old computer (using an external hard drive). I've followed instructions...