Windows 10: Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?

Discus and support Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I went to the system32 folder (and then others inside it), and I was prompted twice along the way that I needed permission to access the folder(s) (the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bobby Phoenix, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?

I went to the system32 folder (and then others inside it), and I was prompted twice along the way that I needed permission to access the folder(s) (the Admin box with the shield popped up). I clicked allow/ok, and was able to do what I needed. I then closed the file explorer folder since I did what I needed. I always double check what I did, so I went back to check it, but this time (and all times after), I don't get the Admin prompt box anymore. Why? Shouldn't it prompt every time I try to access it? How do I get that back? I rebooted thinking it was a session thing, but I still don't get prompted. Why would it prompt only the first time you try to access it? I'm on 1909 if that make a difference for anything.

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?

System32 is not actually restricted for read access, the USERS group has Read & execute, List folder contents, and Read access by default. Anyone, standard user or admin can see its contents. Its a few of its sub-folders that are more restricted.

Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke? [​IMG]

Bree, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?

I'm just going to leave them as is now. I can't remember what other one prompted me, so I don't want to go changing permissions on ones I shouldn't. I know config did, and then one other after. I went this deep:
    Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke? [​IMG]

Bobby Phoenix, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?

As mentioned, permissions are used to grant or restrict access.

Depends on what you want to accomplish.

OldNavyGuy, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke? - Similar Threads - Granted system32 Admin

2. how to grant myself admin privlages without an admin acount

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to grant myself admin privlages without an admin acount: HELP ME!!!! I accidently made it that I cannot have admin privileges at all so i need to somehow find a way to grant admin privileges without actually having admin privileges because I disabled all admin accounts If no one answers this question then I say linux is better than...
  3. revoke original admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    revoke original admin rights: In setting up a laptop for my daughter i foolishly made her the primary user and gave her admin rights. I have since added myself and given myself admin rights as well, but can find no way of changing her back down to standard user. when i am logged in as me, she doesnt...
  4. revoke original admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    revoke original admin rights: In setting up a laptop for my daughter i foolishly made her the primary user and gave her admin rights. I have since added myself and given myself admin rights as well, but can find no way of changing her back down to standard user. when i am logged in as me, she doesnt...
  5. revoke original admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. GRANT ACCESS

GRANT ACCESS: Aditional permissions are required to access the following files... MS Word needs access to the file named.. Sečect the mite to grant access. Word cannot open the document : user does not have access privileges...
  7. Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?

in Windows 10 Support
    Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?: I went to the system32 folder (and then others inside it), and I was prompted twice along the way that I needed permission to access the folder(s) (the Admin box with the shield popped up). I clicked allow/ok, and was able to do what I needed. I then closed the file explorer...
  8. How to grant local admin access to a specific app in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to grant local admin access to a specific app in Windows 10?: There is an application that is programmed to ask for local admin password as soon a user tries to launch it. There is only 3-4 users out of 1500+ users who need access to this application and as per the current protocols, these users in question are not meant to have local...
  9. How to grant local admin access to a specific app in Windows 10?

How to grant local admin access to a specific app in Windows 10?: There is an application that is programmed to ask for local admin password as soon a user tries to launch it. There is only 3-4 users out of 1500+ users who need access to this application and as per the current protocols, these users in question are not meant to have local...
  10. Grant permanent admin access to folders or programs?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Grant permanent admin access to folders or programs?: Is it possible to Grant permanent administrator access to folders and programs for a standard user account so that the password doesn't have to be entered each time? 79708