Windows 10: Granting family permissions for chrome does not work even if approved

Discus and support Granting family permissions for chrome does not work even if approved in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've searched and there are a number of threads on this already. None of the solutions work. The family settings show that permission is granted. "... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by erog11, Sep 11, 2020.

1. erog11 Win User

Granting family permissions for chrome does not work even if approved

I've searched and there are a number of threads on this already. None of the solutions work.

The family settings show that permission is granted.

"

Google Chrome
    Allowed. You gave Laetitia permission to use Google Chrome.

"

But every time I click on chrome it still displays the ask a question prompt. No errors anywhere.

Tried the previous troubleshooting options in other threads.

Method 1: Family Safety Troubleshooter.

Download and run the Family Safety Troubleshooter and check if this troubleshooter finds any error.

Method 2: Turning Off Block Inappropriate Apps, Games & Media Option.

Follow the section Online fromBlock inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One and turn Off the option Block inappropriate apps, games & media.

Once you turn off this option, ask your child to access Google Chrome. If he is able to access Google Chrome, turn On the above option and tell him to access Google Chrome, then you can approve his request and check if he is able to access Google Chrome after the approval.

Method 3: Removing And Adding Your Child.

If the above methods didn't work, then I suggest you toRemove Your Child From The Family Group and thenAdd Your Child To The Family Group again and this will refresh the permissions for your child.

The last suggestion on the thread doesn't even make sense:

I suggest you to login to Google Chrome using your account > Go toSettings in Google Chrome > Supervised Users Dashboard > Then, check if you can give access to your child.

The computer cant open chrome so how are we supposed to log in?

Please help as the schools apps are using chrome.

:)

erog11, Sep 11, 2020

2. Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission

Hi Willsyjp,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the complete message that you are getting for the permission?
    2. Are you able to successfully remove Content Restriction from the blocked list?
    3. What is the message that your son is getting when trying to access Google Chrome?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, try allowing Google App by logging into your
    Microsoft Account > Under your child's account > Allow Google App and check if your child is able to access Google Chrome.

Method 1:
    Family Safety Troubleshooter.

Download and run the Family
    Safety Troubleshooter
    and check if this troubleshooter finds any error.

Method 2:
    Turning Off Block Inappropriate Apps, Games & Media Option.

Follow the section Online from
    Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    and turn Off the option Block inappropriate apps, games & media.

Once you turn off this option, ask your child to access Google Chrome. If he is able to access Google Chrome, turn On the above option and tell him to access Google Chrome, then you can approve his request and check if he is
    able to access Google Chrome after the approval.

Method 3:
    Removing And Adding Your Child.

If the above methods didn't work, then I suggest you to
    Remove Your Child From The Family Group and then
    Add Your Child To The Family Group again and this will refresh
    the permissions for your child.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 11, 2020
  3. PkFrancis Win User
    Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole
    process all over again. It never does actually allow her to access Chrome. I have removed her from the family list and added her bk in. I have checked the Chrome permissions and I just CANT seem to figure out why it will not allow Chrome?

Pls help

My daughter needs to do online school and needs Chrome to access the program.

Can you please help with this issue.

PkFrancis, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Granting family permissions for chrome does not work even if approved

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Granting family permissions for chrome does not work even if approved

1. Granting family permissions for chrome does not work even if approved - Similar Threads - Granting family permissions

2. Parent approval for Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent approval for Chrome: Hi Microsoft Support,You need to immediately eliminate the "parent approval" for Google Chrome. This feature is clearly designed to prevent people from using Chrome. I do not see any reason why Microsoft Edge is always approved for children, but Chrome is not. The maximum...
  3. Parent approval for Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parent approval for Chrome: Hi Microsoft Support,You need to immediately eliminate the "parent approval" for Google Chrome. This feature is clearly designed to prevent people from using Chrome. I do not see any reason why Microsoft Edge is always approved for children, but Chrome is not. The maximum...
  4. Family Safety Approval

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Approval: So, sometimes my parents are away from home or something when I ask for permission for something. How exactly do I know whether or not they have approved my request, because for as long as I have been subjected to MFS, I have never seen a notification telling me my request...
  5. Family Safety Approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Approval: So, sometimes my parents are away from home or something when I ask for permission for something. How exactly do I know whether or not they have approved my request, because for as long as I have been subjected to MFS, I have never seen a notification telling me my request...
  6. Family Safety Approval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working

Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working: I have added Microsoft Family Features to my 9 year old son's new computer to monitor and track his usage. We can't get it to allow him to use the 'Minecraft Launcher' App.When he clicks to open the app, he gets the following screen:I as the parent get two notifications. One...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety - Chrome still locks up after granting permissions

Microsoft Family Safety - Chrome still locks up after granting permissions: Hi,I have two kids with remote learning at home. They both uses Windows 10 PC and occasionally their teachers need them to do works that seems to only work or works better with Chrome. As the app usage time was up every 3 hours, a new request had to be sent. I have no...
  9. Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family

Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family: My daughter has a new laptop and has used firefox on it since yesterday. Today then a window popped up with the request to ask permission to use the app from an adult. I followed the procedure 5 times, and my husband 3 times but it still does not work. We restarted the...
  10. Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval

Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval: Tried to download Chrome then Firefox to see if permissions worked so that each child can use different browser for learning driving me mad keep asking for passwords. Both asked for permissions from an adult to use which I clicked - then approved both on my own laptop both...