Windows 10: granting local launch permission for COM Server application with CLSID

Discus and support granting local launch permission for COM Server application with CLSID in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/granting-local-launch-permission-for-com-server/08572b02-578f-4b9f-a1e9-b50517ffca76 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cyclops1013, Nov 10, 2018.

1. granting local launch permission for COM Server application with CLSID

How to

:)

cyclops1013, Nov 10, 2018

2. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

another

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}

and APPID

{9E175B9C-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}

This is not in the DCOM Config

Dmitriy Zemlyanskiy, Nov 10, 2018
  3. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

@Dmitriy

Event Viewer Error Description:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the
    Component Services administrative tool.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Goal: Add the missing Local Activation permissions to the missing user
    System via Component Services tool

CLSID: {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}

APPID: {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}

User: SYSTEM

Application Name: {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}

Steps 3 – 11 are needed to change the current ownership of CLSID and APPID from System and TrustedInstaller respectively to Administrators and Administrators

• Open Regedit as Administrator
    • Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > APPID > {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
    • Right-click on it and select "Permissions..."
    • In the “Permissions for {F7267. . . “ dialog, click the "Advanced" button
    • At the top, look for "Owner" and click the "Change" link near "TrustedInstaller" Note the current owner is “TrustedInstaller
    • In the Select User or Group dialog box type "Administrators" and click the "Check Names" link (it converts the name to the correct format)
    • Select "Administrators" in the list and check the "Allow" checkbox for "Full Control"
    • Click the “OK” button to return to the Regedit dialog
    • Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > CLSID > {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
    • Repeat steps 3 through 9 to change ownership of the CLSID from System to Administrators
    • After completing the above steps you (as an Administrator) now have the ability to edit the permissions for these two keys
    • Open Component Services (Start-search for, or run “dcomcnfg”)
    • Browse to Console Root > Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
    • Find "{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}" from the Application Name list – near the bottom, right-click on it and select "Properties"
    • Navigate to the "Security" tab and click the "Edit" button in the "Launch and Activation Permissions" section. If the Edit button is grayed out, then review/redo steps 1 – 11.
    • In the “Launch and Activation Permission” dialog add the missing user,
      System
    • Click the "Add" button
    • Type in "SYSTEM", the User that does not have “Local Activation” permissions as per the Event ID 10016 Description from Event Viewer. Next click the "Check Names" button
    • Click the "OK" button to return to the "Launch and Activation Permission" dialogue
    • Select "SYSTEM" from the "Group or user names" list, and click to place a check in the "Local Activation"/"Allow" check box
    • Click the "OK" button
    • Back in the "Security" tab, click "OK", then close the Component Services tool
    • Back in Regedit rework the previous steps to revert ownership of the APPID, {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169} , to TrustedInstaller, and the CLSID, {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}, to System
    • You will be required to type "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller" (without quotes) in the dialogue box mentioned above at step 6, and click the "OK" button
    • Close all windows and exit Regedit
    • Reboot
    Many thanks to Marco83, csmdew, and fdegrove over in

this thread.

Steven Atkins, Nov 10, 2018
  4. granting local launch permission for COM Server application with CLSID

The específico/a(s) da aplicação permission settings do not grant Local Ativação permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Can someone tell me why the error messages come in a mixed language in Windows 10?

The específico/a(s) da aplicação permission settings do not grant Local Ativação permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Mr. Jack Hill, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

granting local launch permission for COM Server application with CLSID

1. granting local launch permission for COM Server application with CLSID - Similar Threads - granting local launch

2. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: On a one-year-old Dell Optiplex standalone, logged in as the administrator running Windows 10 Pro, I'm receiving this error. I have many applications installed and don't have time to reinstall Windows and all my applications.Can you assist with a resolution?The...
  3. application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...: Anyone able to translate the M$oft-ese jibberish [below] into actual, comprehensible English? Showing up in EventViewer immediately after launching VLC media player & connecting headphones to PC appears to have prompted PC crash/re-start or possibly unrelated?M$ doc cited by...
  4. application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...: Anyone able to translate the M$oft-ese jibberish [below] into actual, comprehensible English? Showing up in EventViewer immediately after launching VLC media player & connecting headphones to PC appears to have prompted PC crash/re-start or possibly unrelated?M$ doc cited by...
  5. application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: I'm having this issue, The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD} and APPID {37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD} to the user...
  7. Local Activation permission for the COM Server

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Activation permission for the COM Server: How do I fix this? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 2021/01/26 17:33:45 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: CORSAIRINTERNET\ernes Computer:...
  8. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the...: Computer tries to boot twice into windows, and on third try runs and unsuccessful repair, and ask to restart or troubleshoot. If I go to troubleshoot then command prompt, run chkdsk on my system drive, it finds no errors to repair but successfully boots afterwards. Here is...
  9. Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID: My event viewer is full of repeating warnings. Does anybody have an idea how to resolve these? My system: (Brand new): Monitor: Acer Nitro XV272UP Motherboard: Asus TUF x570 plus with Wi Fi updated to newest bios 1.2 CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT (19.9.2 -...
  10. Fixing "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission...

Fixing "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission...: I've had a few crashes in the past days while gaming where my computer will completely freeze and the last seconds of audio will repeat until a forced restart. I've checked the event logs and when they log the error it's been this. See full text of the error below. Any help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server 2016 local activation {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} regedit32