Windows 10: Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.

Discus and support Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When my child requested to get more screen time, I granted 2 more hours via the email link, signed into my MS account, and verified that the request... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LouWestin, Apr 14, 2019.

1. LouWestin Win User

Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.

When my child requested to get more screen time, I granted 2 more hours via the email link, signed into my MS account, and verified that the request was approved to extend her time by 2 hours. However the computer still showed the expired lockout screen. Currently the only way to get rid of the lockout screen is to turn off screen time.

Things that I've already done to try and fix the issue

1. I've verified that the computer has the latest updates.
    2. I've verified that the user account is verified on that computer.
    3. I've sent another request for more time request and approved it.
    4. I've rebooted the computer and tried to login again.
    5. I've turned on and off screen time a few times to see if that fixes the issue.

:)

LouWestin, Apr 14, 2019
  2. VincentVA Win User

Family: Can a non-admin user grant more screen time?

Hello,

I have Microsoft Family set up for my child. When she surpasses her screen time, there is an option "My parent is here" and I can give her more time. I am an administrator on this desktop. My wife also has an account on this desktop, no admin, just a regular
    account and she can't grant my child more screen time. My wife's account is not listed in the "My parent is here" window.

Is there an option to let non-administrators grant more screen time this way?

My child can send a request for more screen time and my wife can agree, but this is not my question.

VincentVA, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Parent Permission Grant More Time

SujataMoktan,

I doesn't appear that you understand the issue. There is NO WAY to grant additional time. There is no button that says "Grant additional time". There is nothing. The message to the child says something about their request being sent but it seems to be
    sent into oblivion because I never received any request from the child.

thanks.

DeanRettig, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.

Child Screen Time - Error 80270251

I am trying to grant more screen time for my child and it keeps saying they are out of time and then it gives me error 80270251. I granted more time, and turned off the feature and restarted my PC 4 times but the error still occurs. Can you please help?

Abused Zergling, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.

1. Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time. - Similar Threads - Granting more screen

2. Grant more time not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Grant more time not working: When "grant more screen time" button is pressed when the device is locked an error message appears saying that there was an error and it's not connected to wifi I checked and I was connected every time the device is turned on there's a windows error sound but you can't see it...
  3. Grant more time not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grant more time not working: When "grant more screen time" button is pressed when the device is locked an error message appears saying that there was an error and it's not connected to wifi I checked and I was connected every time the device is turned on there's a windows error sound but you can't see it...
  4. Grant more time not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. thinking it will grant more access to the computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thinking it will grant more access to the computer.: I have changed my Local Group from Administrators to Device Owner and it made my account guest type. I don't have any admin accounts since I've deleted them some time ago, I can't even use recovery mode to reinstall Windows. Someone help me please!...
  6. thinking it will grant more access to the computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    thinking it will grant more access to the computer.: I have changed my Local Group from Administrators to Device Owner and it made my account guest type. I don't have any admin accounts since I've deleted them some time ago, I can't even use recovery mode to reinstall Windows. Someone help me please!...
  7. thinking it will grant more access to the computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...
  9. Is there a way to set more precise screen time for child account?

Is there a way to set more precise screen time for child account?: Is there a way to set more precise screen time for child account: like from 7:10AM to 20:45PM? May be some command line tools instead of web page, which allows to set time in 30 minutes increment only....
  10. Add more time options to parent email when granting more time

Add more time options to parent email when granting more time: When my child wants more time on the PC, he sends a request for more time. Depending on the current time and day, I want to have the option to add 45 more minutes or maybe just 4 hours instead of the typical 1,2,8 hour increments that the email gives you. Is there a way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. grant more screen time

2. microsoft grant more screen time does not work

3. grant more screen time process

4. grant more screen time deaktivieren,
  5. grant more screen time error,
  6. windows unable to grant more time,
  7. microsoft windows grant more time,
  8. microsoft grant more screen time,
  9. grant more screen time not