Windows 10: Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera

Discus and support Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I log onto a virtual desktop for work, and when asked if I wanted the program to have access to my mic and camera, I said no and ticked the box to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidBlack_529, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera

Hi

I log onto a virtual desktop for work, and when asked if I wanted the program to have access to my mic and camera, I said no and ticked the box to say not to ask me again.

Now I have to let the program have access, and I don't know how to reset the message.

Any ideas?

:)

DavidBlack_529, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Apr 23, 2020
  3. How to grant microphone permission using command line in Windows 10?

Is it possible to grant microphone permission settings via command line or by using Batch script?

What I asked for can be done with the following steps:

Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera bCu7E.png

My Que: However, what is the command/batch script I can use to perform the above action?

I need to do it with command line because I am deploying an Universal Windows Platform application to Raspberry Pi. However, Pi doesn't have any user interface to change the settings other than using command line. Currently the app is working, but Pi is not granting me permission to use the microphone.

user3437460, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera

Program Permissions for Roommates

We appreciate your response.

If you're still unable to change the permission settings, you may try these steps:

• Right-click on the application or program that you'd like to grant permissions.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Security > Edit.
    • Under Group or User names, click on the user account name you'd like to have changes with, then tick the
      boxes under Allow.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera

1. Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera - Similar Threads - Granting Permission program

2. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions: This has been asked on and off for over 10 years according to google, so Microsoft must be doing some A/B testing nonsense.Why is the camera app forcing me to enable Microphone permissions when it has never forced this before? I don't want an answer about how to enable Mic...
  3. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions: This has been asked on and off for over 10 years according to google, so Microsoft must be doing some A/B testing nonsense.Why is the camera app forcing me to enable Microphone permissions when it has never forced this before? I don't want an answer about how to enable Mic...
  4. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.: Hello all, I'm experiencing a camera app issue. I use an external camera for work. I've never manually updated the app and have had microphone permissions last turned off on 10/21/22 for privacy reasons occasionally, there will be an issue with my camera app to where I'll...
  5. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.: Hello all, I'm experiencing a camera app issue. I use an external camera for work. I've never manually updated the app and have had microphone permissions last turned off on 10/21/22 for privacy reasons occasionally, there will be an issue with my camera app to where I'll...
  6. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't grant admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  8. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Grant Program Permission to Write Files: Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in programdata, I've tried allowing everything but still the program has same error message. 179713
  9. My camera and microphone are in use by another program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My camera and microphone are in use by another program?: The what? No they’re not! Tried using zoom today and got this message regardless of the browser. How do I discern what is using them? Please let me know what additional information is required to help. Thanks gals ‘n’ guys submitted by /u/Johnnymi25 [link] [comments]...
  10. Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10: Two similar issues. 1) We recently bought a new PC. I set up myself as administrator, and set up local user accounts for my family and me. As administrator, I transferred our picture files from the old computer (using an external hard drive). I've followed instructions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is turn on mic when i broadcast

2. why cant i use my camera on microsoft teams meetings?

3. turn on microphone for video chat windows 10

4. why doesnt my microphone and camera work with micro soft teams