Windows 10: Graphic card or monitor problem?

Discus and support Graphic card or monitor problem? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rambocarius, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Graphic card or monitor problem?

If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes off on black or dim-black, in other scenario turning monitor off and on will result in getting good picture back.

1. If a graphic card is faulty, does turning monitor ON and OFF has any effect on graphic card to fix its sending signal?

Other thing is that I connected same monitor on laptop via HDMI again, and not single time it did make this problem, on same resolution, and on same Hz as desktop PC.

2. If a monitor is faulty, why did I not get any single problem while being connected to laptops HDMI?

Those two questions are important, mostly first one about does really graphic card as a hardware can be affected with turning monitor on and off.
    Please do not come with drivers solutions and similar things, rather answer my questions, as I'm a geek for software I know when something is wrong with hardware, and I need stronger geek for hardware on this, who will understand what I ask and why I ask.

Thanks in advance.

:)

rambocarius, Sep 16, 2017

2. Wallpaper Troubles after upgrading the computer to Windows 10

Hi Garett,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you face issues with the second monitor, if the second monitor is connected to the same graphics card, try to update the graphics drivers and update the chipset drivers from the manufacturer website.

If the monitors are connected to different graphic cards, try updating the graphic drivers to the card which second monitor is connected to and check.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Sep 16, 2017
  3. RaduMav Win User
    I've got 2 monitors, and when i plug the second one in, both of them go black.

The main monitor is connected with HDMI to the graphics card.

The second monitor is connected with VGA, which is adapted to DIV-I double link, to the graphics card.

RaduMav, Sep 16, 2017
Thema:

Graphic card or monitor problem?

1. Graphic card or monitor problem? - Similar Threads - Graphic card monitor

2. Graphic card problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card problem: performed a new windows 10 install, now graphic card won't connect to smart tv or visa versa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-card-problem/61eeab8f-eb6b-4581-8205-a1e379bc6c69
  3. problem on graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem on graphics card: hello i hav a problem called "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39" and in my grapics card called "IntelR UHD Graphics" in windows 11 leaked...
  4. problem on graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem on graphics card: hello i hav a problem called "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39" and in my grapics card called "IntelR UHD Graphics" in windows 11 leaked...
  5. Graphic Card problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphic Card problems: I have been having problems in the past week making me unable to use my graphic card. I have been looking throughout posts and other websites and haven't been able to solve the issue. I'm very confused because I haven't had any problems with my GPU since I got 6 months ago. I...
  6. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  7. graphic card problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphic card problem: hi I had problem with my graphic card settings the graphic card working properly but in windows its not showing the graphic card in display setting and also in task manager [ATTACH] 2 to 3 days before this was showing graphic card geforge 710...
  8. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  9. Graphic Card problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Card problem: My problem is that update my graphics card in a fairly old computer, approximately 2010, then the screen went black, when the screen returned to show images the resolution changed to 1024 x 768, (I must clarify that my resolution was the most high left in windows 10), and I...
  10. Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor: Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre M72, and have been using it with two monitors, Cintiq companion 2 (2560x1440) and HP 2159m (1920x1080) using the onboard graphic card (4600 hd). I replaced the hp with an Acer 4k monitor, so I also added a GTX 1050 2GB lowprofile graphic...