Windows 10: Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.-

Discus and support Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.- in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Good evening. I'm having a problem since one week ago and IDK if it's related to the motherboard or the video card or what. SPECS: Windows 10 Pro 21H1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Bragado, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Bragado Win User

Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.-

Good evening. I'm having a problem since one week ago and IDK if it's related to the motherboard or the video card or what. SPECS: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1081Intel Core i5 3550 @ 3.30GHz / Ivy Bridge 22nm TechnologyCorsair Hydro Series H100i v2Corsair Vengeance Pro 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHzASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155)4096MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series (Gigabyte)TV Sony Bravia XBR-49X705D AR4931GB WDC WD10EZEX-75WN4A0 (SATA )7452GB WDC WD8003FRYZ-01JPDB1 (SATA )2794GB WD My Book 1140 USB Device (USB (SATA) )550w Power Supply Before this problem, I was able to play games like Doom Eternal or Hellblade in 1080p, but suddenly screen started to flicker / green lines / blue screen (not BSOD) / crash-reboot / crash-hang. I can't even play in 720p with the lower settings now, not even with CPU and GPU fans at full speed. Sometimes when it's hung, if I hit reset, when it restarts it just stays in a black screen doing nothing and I need to turn off/on. Sometimes it also started with no video signal at all (TV msg, different from black screen), and I found out that I had to disconnect the 8Tb HDD from the motherboard for the BIOS to load (I have this disk for storage and a 1Tb for the OS). Or it can restart and crash as soon as it gets to the Welcome screen. It's like it needs a couple of reboots to settle. I upgraded the video drivers to the latest (21.5.2, WHQL and 21.6.1 non-WHQL) with no luck. Tried "full", "minimal" and "drivers only" and problem persists on all. I used AMD Removal Tool, Display Driver Uninstaller and Revo Unistaller Pro between installations but not luck. Tried to roll-back to 21.3.1, which is the one I had when issue started (but worked a lot of time before) and no luck. Tried unplugging all peripherals leaving only keyboard to be able to move ingame but no luck. I even performed a clean installation of the OS and no luck!!! Ran DISM and sfc /scannow and everything's fine. It also can happen when watching videos or playing undemanding games. I had some error msgs as well when the game closed (and didn't restart the OS) like: LowLevelFatalError ... D3D11Util.cpp ... Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost.AMD Crash Defender detected a problem with your graphics driver ... the driver is working in safe mode with reduced functionalily.Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected error in the system.dxdkrnl.sys + amdkmdag.sys errors in the BSOD dmp file. No OC on CPU nor GPU. It also happens that the wi-fi disconnects 3 or 4 times when I boot until it stays on. It can also happen that peripherals are not read if I switch the USB or get "USB not recognized" type errors. That's why I think it can be a motherboard issue, some kind of short-circuit or something. Sorry for the long description, but it would be awesome if someone could tell me how to troubleshoot this in order to know if it's the motherboard, the video card, the video card's RAM... IDK. I don't want to buy a new motherboard to find out that the problem still persists. It's a very annoying, frustrating and time-consuming problem and I'd really appreciate if someone could give a hand with this. Thanks in advance!

:)

Bragado, Jun 24, 2021
  2. JohnR2 Win User

New GT 730 graphic card flickers

I needed to upgrade my graphics card because the old card was no longer supported. I choose the PNY GeForce GT 730. My first attempt was flickering screen. Spoke to PNY and they felt it was a bad card. Newegg replaced the card and again flickering. News came out that the Nvidia drive was bad. Tried again with the new drive and still flickering. If I go to device manager and delete the card, flickering stops and the PC function. Once rebooted the drives are reinstalled and flickering starts. I've tried Nvidia old drives as well but with the same results. Any suggestion?

JohnR2, Jun 24, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.-

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.-

1. Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.- - Similar Threads - Graphic card motherboard

2. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card crashing?: Hello, So I've come here today to try and figure out what's going with my computer, I have installed several games onto my computer and some of them decide they want to crash and not appear. Whenever I run these games most of the times I am using steam, when I launch the game...
  3. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card crashing?: Hello, So I've come here today to try and figure out what's going with my computer, I have installed several games onto my computer and some of them decide they want to crash and not appear. Whenever I run these games most of the times I am using steam, when I launch the game...
  4. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Crash: It made this dump -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhO5tAn9wYtkh5NPu5CC9B4OrTfAzno9/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-crash/9ccf873f-89a6-44f7-81e9-ee97a39408ce
  6. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Card Crash: It made this dump -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhO5tAn9wYtkh5NPu5CC9B4OrTfAzno9/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-crash/9ccf873f-89a6-44f7-81e9-ee97a39408ce
  7. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Flickering graphics with new video card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Flickering graphics with new video card: This is a tricky one. I bought a new video card, a gtx 1660 super and using my existing display port cable gives me this weird flickering on the bottom half of the screen. The cable works fine with my old card. I then tried a standard HDMI cable and the flickering problem is...
  9. graphics card crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics card crashing: Hello for awhile now I've noticed that my computer will sometimes go into a grey screen and then come back to my desktop but on some occasions it completely freezes up my computer to the point where I have to restart it physically. this is the error I get: "Display driver...
  10. Motherboard to Graphics card compatibility

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Motherboard to Graphics card compatibility: I have an older graphics card, GeForce 9500gt, and I would like to find out if it will be compatible to a newer motherboard, Asus A88XM-A. I have been searching for a list that would let me just compare the two, but can't find too much information for devices that are older....