Windows 10: Graphic cards and monitors matching

Discus and support Graphic cards and monitors matching in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Sigurd, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Sigurd Win User

Graphic cards and monitors matching

I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels.
    Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would be OK as it has 2560 x 1440 pixels.

Getting the higher PD2700U is more future proof - I can upgrade the graphic card later. But the question is how would the current graphic card and PD2700U perform together? Do I need to bite the financial bullet and buy a new card now as well as the monitor?

I welcome your comments.
    The use is for photo/video editing, DTP, Office functions, email and internet. No gaming.

:)

Sigurd, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

usb monitors using graphics card

Hi isaac177,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the model number of AOC display monitor?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to setup the display using HDMI?

You can try to use an adaptor (USB/HDMI or VGA as the card has 3 slots) to connect to monitor. I would also suggest you to get in touch with Nvidia to know more about this as there can be output issues while using adaptors and your Graphic card (GTX
    1660 Ti) might not work as expected.

I suggest you to refer this
    NVidia
    support link, and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 3, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Graphic cards and monitors matching

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Graphic cards and monitors matching

1. Graphic cards and monitors matching - Similar Threads - Graphic cards monitors

2. Does new graphics card affect monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does new graphics card affect monitor?: Hey so I just got a new prebuilt pc today it’s the asus rog strix i5 10400f rtx 3050 when I first set it up everything seemed fine I installed everything I used to have on my old pc but I noticed that my resolution was a little choppy and I tried changing it around but...
  3. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  4. Enabling graphic card without monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling graphic card without monitor: Dell XPS 8900. I disabled the integrated graphic card with device manager. Now the screen is blank when i restart and F2 and F12 doesn’t keep the spinning dots from freezing up. The F2 menu doesn’t appear anymore as it use to. The F12 menu still appears but hitting the menu...
  5. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  6. usb monitors using graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb monitors using graphics card: So i plan to put a gaming rig into a custom made small case and stuff and then attach a display that folds to become like a laptop like thing and i want to hook up the graphics card (GTX 1660 Ti) to my usb monitor im using instead of just using its own external card or...
  7. Graphic card or monitor problem?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...
  8. Add third monitor - graphics card?

Add third monitor - graphics card?: My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3. It does not appear to have an "on-board" vga. My graphics card is a GeForce 6600 GT. I am using both digital outputs for the two monitors present. My monitors are a pair of Asus VS228H-P I am not a gamer, but do appreciate a...
  9. Force monitor to use second graphic card?

Force monitor to use second graphic card?: Hello, I have two monitors and I have two graphic cards, one of which is damaged. The only reason I am still using the damaged graphics card is because it's display ports are still working and my second graphic card doesn't have a HDMI port. Because of this my full HD...
  10. Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards

Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards: Hi folks, just installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have two graphics cards, an NVidia GeForce 970 and an NVidia GeForce 570 Ti. I keep both in my rig, in spite of the fact that they can't SLi, because I use the 570 Ti as a PhsyX card and to drive two of my four monitors....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. graphic card for BenQ PD2700U