Windows 10: Graphic display adapters

Discus and support Graphic display adapters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There has recently been a kerfuffle over graphics devices failing my first n PC's post upgrade to Windows 10. While I am almost certain there is long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Silyrics, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Silyrics Win User

Graphic display adapters

There has recently been a kerfuffle over graphics devices failing my first n PC's post upgrade to Windows 10.

While I am almost certain there is long standing g technical and or security reasoning behind this failure, it may be useful for there to be a posted list of "recommended" devices for given purpose.

There are few main players in the graphics card industry so I see few obstacles in progression.

My suggestion would be, top three players, and top three uses.

Office

Gaming

Commercial

Asus

Nvidia

Etc

My system graphics failed because I was informed by Microsoft this i would have no support after a given date. I am in cyber operations so in my eyes, I now have a deep seated registry failure created by design.

For my not a big deal, I will by again, second hand.... but not until I am sure the card is supported.

A list of supported cards please, there are more important people than me out there with money losing issues because of this, I am sure.

Pretty sure there will be a good response to this for this very reason.

:)

Silyrics, Mar 6, 2020
  2. perkinw Win User

What will happen if I disable my only display adapter

An engineer at Adobe is helping me diagnose a problem with Photoshop. He suggested that I disable my AMD card from device manager and run Photoshop on the integrated graphics to see if the issue persists.

When I check Device Manager, I see only one display adapter listed:

Graphic display adapters [​IMG]

Shouldn't the integrated graphics also be listed? If AMD is my only display adapter, I am reluctant to disable it.

Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

perkinw, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Graphic display adapters

I have two display adapters showing...

Looking at Display Adapters in Device Manager of my Thinkpad 540p laptop I see two display adapters listed, an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an NVIDIA GeForce GT730M. The reason I was looking was that I am having some issues with some photo display software and it was suggested that hardware GPU acceleration could be the problem and I was checking that the drivers are up to date (they are). My question is: do I need both these adapters to be enabled? Could they be conflicting? I am hesitant to disable anything without asking advice first. Can I disable (say) the Intel adapter without seriously disabling my machine?

rafikiphoto, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Graphic display adapters

1. Graphic display adapters - Similar Threads - Graphic display adapters

2. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  3. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  4. graphical displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphical displays: the graphics display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphical-displays/4a38106a-f22c-4b2b-be58-72f770cefe17
  5. Graphics adapter not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics adapter not found: I downloaded second extinction in my pc and tried to launch it. But it said you have a machine with less than 8 gb ram your game might crash-freeze fail to launch etc. I have 8gb 5.9 gb usable ram with 4gb of ram free every time.I will just click continue. And then comes rhe...
  6. Graphics adapter not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics adapter not found: I downloaded second extinction in my pc and tried to launch it. But it said you have a machine with less than 8 gb ram your game might crash-freeze fail to launch etc. I have 8gb 5.9 gb usable ram with 4gb of ram free every time.I will just click continue. And then comes rhe...
  7. Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters: Hello, I just built my first PC. I have a MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi mother board, a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a WD Black 1 TB NVME M.2 hard drive. I also have a ASRock Radeon RX570 4 GB graphics card installed. I am running this with a brand new Windows 10...
  8. Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver

Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver: I have deleted and removed the display adapter for a Dell XPS 13 9380 . I have downloaded the Intel HD graphics driver from Dell Website but now i cannot see this in the list on my device manager. i dont know know what to do now. thanks....
  9. Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics

Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics: Hello guys! I've been stuck on this problem for weeks and I can't seem to find a fix or anyone to know anything about this in other forums. Basically what I did was I went to install a clean version of Windows 10 using the media creation tool, after the installation I tried...
  10. No Graphic card under display adapters.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Graphic card under display adapters.: hi guys, i already tried this on the sevenforums but since i upgraded another (older) laptop to windows 10 with no problems, actually 2x faster higher fps on games and overall better feeling, i wanted to upgrade that laptop also. So the windows 10 upgrade went perfect,...