Windows 10: Graphic Driver causes black screen

Discus and support Graphic Driver causes black screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I hope you are doing well ^^! So, i'm facing a serious trouble with my new graphic card "GTX 760" and i hope you could help me guys, First,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abder_rahim, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Graphic Driver causes black screen

Hi there, I hope you are doing well ^^! So, i'm facing a serious trouble with my new graphic card "GTX 760" and i hope you could help me guys, First, check out my PC config => Config : - Mobo : MSI Z87M Gaming - Cpu: Intel Core i5 4éme Gen 4460 / 3.2 Ghz OC: 3.5 Ghz - Ram : 16Gb Double 8gb Vaseky High Performance Gaming DDR3 > 800Ghz - Graphic : 2Gb Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 MSI / DDR5 - Stockage : Kingston SSD 120 GB + HDD 700Gb well stockage doesn't matter Graphic Driver causes black screen :p - PSU : 450W i don't know the brand My issue is : 1. In the display setting, i can only see 2 resolutions : 1024x768

:)

Abder_rahim, Sep 10, 2021

2. Black screen cause by the driver in Windows 10.

Hello Rares,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persist in Safe mode?

• Does the issue occur randomly or when you run a particular application?

I suggest you to update the display drivers manually by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter option.

• Right click on the graphics display driver and select
      Update option.

• Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Also download and install the latest display driver from the manufacturer website to check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the suggestion by Sharath Srinivasa from the link below and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/black-screen-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78?auth=1

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 10, 2021
  3. KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi HM Arif Ur Rahim,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to let you know that some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Have you updated the display driver via Device Manager on the computer?

However, let us follow these methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: As you have started the PC in Safe Mode, suggest you to uninstall the display driver and restart the PC. Follow these steps:

1. Open Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right click your Display adapter and click Uninstall.
    4. Exit Device Manager.
    Remember to restart the computer. After the restart the default drivers will install automatically.

Method 2: Make sure that Windows 10 supports your graphics card.

If you’re experiencing a black or blank screen, it may be a compatibility issue with your graphics card and Windows 10.

The best way to do this is to check your graphics card manufacturer website for the latest and most compatible graphics card driver for Windows 10 and to find out about the status of compatibility with Windows 10.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Graphic Driver causes black screen

Black screen on Edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • Is the complete screen black?

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please get back to us with the screen shot of the black screen.

I would suggest you to check this link and see if it helps.

How to include a screenshot in your post

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Graphic Driver causes black screen

1. Graphic Driver causes black screen - Similar Threads - Graphic Driver causes

2. Driver error causing black screen on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver error causing black screen on PC: I had a driver power failure blue screen and it was stuck at 0 percent and it wasn't doing anything so I pressed the power button to turn it off and when I turned it on it is not booting up. Is there any way to solve this?...
  3. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  4. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  5. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. the graphics adapter causes my computer to black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the graphics adapter causes my computer to black screen: the graphic's adapter driver causes the monitor to go black when 'Iam working on the computer but i don't kno much about drivers so can u find a similar driver like this one : IntelR G41 Express Chipset Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1 and this is my computer...
  7. Graphics driver update... Black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics driver update... Black screen: Hey allI have an AMD RX580 8GB and have just downloaded the latest drivers through the radeon app. The update needed me to restart the PC however the PC failed to restart and has left me with a blank screen. I have tried turning it on and off numerous times however this...
  8. All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink: It's been roughly a week of research, trying different solutions to fix this problem but no dice. Strange thing is that I am able to install the Intel driver in safe mode with no screen problems. The problem occurs only when booting into normal windows. The only exception...
  9. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics: Hi I have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 in the last week and ever since I get a black screen before the login page. I have figured out a work around for this which is when I see the black screen I press the function button and f3 at the same time to put my laptop in...
  10. Display driver causing black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver causing black screen: Dear helpful people, On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to install drivers for all of my hardware and periferals. During the process my screen went black, and I assumed it to be resetting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why my monitor went black screen after i install graphics driver

2. how to Update your graphics card driver if the screen is black

3. drivers causing black screen