Windows 10: Graphic Driver Issues

Discus and support Graphic Driver Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i just built my first PC. I am having a really hard time installing my NVIDIA graphics driver. It keeps giving me the message "Graphics driver is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinSpicy, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Graphic Driver Issues

Hi, i just built my first PC. I am having a really hard time installing my NVIDIA graphics driver. It keeps giving me the message "Graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows" even though i installed the x64 bit version of the driver AND using Windows 10 x64 bit. When i go into my device manager, my Geforce GTX 1660 does not show up. It only shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter." I have tried everything on the internet to fix this and have been trying for almost a week now. I really cannot find a solution. I was really hoping you guys could help me out here. Thanks.

:)

KevinSpicy, Jun 2, 2019

2. Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Graphic Driver Issues

Graphics driver failed durring installation

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Do you get any error messages while booting the computer normally?
    • What is the make and model number of the computer?
    This issue could have occurred if the driver is not installed properly.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode with Networking and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode with Networking, I suggest you to install latest graphics driver and check if you face any issues.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

Now install latest graphics driver and check if you can boot the computer normally.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Graphic Driver Issues

1. Graphic Driver Issues - Similar Threads - Graphic Driver Issues

2. Graphics Driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Driver issues: So, I tried to update my graphics driver Intel UHD and it's version is 27.20.100.9079 , I tried to run the automatic installer for the 31.0.101.2115 version. Everything is done, I check the version to see if it updated, it's still the old one but it tells me that it's up to...
  3. Graphics Driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Driver issues: So, I tried to update my graphics driver Intel UHD and it's version is 27.20.100.9079 , I tried to run the automatic installer for the 31.0.101.2115 version. Everything is done, I check the version to see if it updated, it's still the old one but it tells me that it's up to...
  4. graphics driver issues

graphics driver issues: i need some help reinstalling my graphics driver on my pci have an NVidia GeForce GTX 960 windows 10 64-biti downloaded OBS studio to try and record videos with me and my friends and it asked me to get a new driver for it, so i followed along and went to the official NVIDIA...
  5. graphics driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics driver issues: i need some help reinstalling my graphics driver on my pci have an NVidia GeForce GTX 960 windows 10 64-biti downloaded OBS studio to try and record videos with me and my friends and it asked me to get a new driver for it, so i followed along and went to the official NVIDIA...
  6. Graphic Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Driver Issue: Hallo, I am a graphic designer and I use Cinema 4D for 3D modeling, since a month ago I sometimes receive this message while using Cinema 4D "please check if your graphics driver and OS are up to date" after the message the software crashes. And I am experiencing some...
  7. Graphic Driver Issue

Graphic Driver Issue: Hallo, I am a graphic designer and I use Cinema 4D for 3D modeling, since a month ago I sometimes receive this message while using Cinema 4D "please check if your graphics driver and OS are up to date" after the message the software crashes. And I am experiencing some...
  8. Graphic Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Issue with Graphic driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Graphic driver: I had a VIDEO TDR FAILURE a few days ago, and I was somewhat able to fix it by uninstalling my old graphic driver. This left me with using the microsft basic adapter driver as my graphic driver, which greatly effects my performance of the computer. I tried to reinstall the...
  10. Graphic driver issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic driver issue: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_382017AA&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation. Graphic driver is up-to-date, so I don't know what's causing the issue. 58643