Windows 10: Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this?

Discus and support Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All,I recently needed to uninstall and reinstall my graphics card, due to the fans going out. Radeon R9 390 XFX 8GB I have replaced the fans but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mcirish3, Jan 8, 2022.

1. mcirish3 Win User

Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this?

Hi All,I recently needed to uninstall and reinstall my graphics card, due to the fans going out. Radeon R9 390 XFX 8GB I have replaced the fans but while I was troubleshooting I had installed my card in my secondary SLI port for a while so that it could use the case fans for cooling. Most of my games would not work after I did this but Roblox continued to work for my son.After replacing the fans I reinstalled the card back into the master SLI video card slot. Now all my games work just fine, except FAR CRY6 says my graphics drivers are out of date but runs just fine, Roblox simply won'

:)

mcirish3, Jan 8, 2022

2. Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 8, 2022
  3. My Intel 4600 graphics driver keeps crashing while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

The problem could occur if the Windows is not Up-to-date or if the drivers are not compatible. Hence I suggest you to install Windows Updates first and then try installing the display drivers.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.
    • Reinstall the graphics card drivers installed on the computer from manufacturer's website and check if that helps fix the issue.

Refer to the following steps to uninstall Display
    Device from the Device Manager:

• Press Windows + X keys together.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Locate and Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Display Device.
    • Click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the PC and install the graphics card driver.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 8, 2022
  4. Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this?

Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Jan 8, 2022
Thema:

Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this?

1. Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Graphic drivers are

2. Games say my graphic drivers are out of date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games say my graphic drivers are out of date: I just installed star field from the game pass to my pc but when i tried loading it up the game wont make it past the loading screen it will close and give me an error messeage saying something about my graphic drivers are out of date. So I checked to see if i could update...
  3. Games say my graphic drivers are out of date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games say my graphic drivers are out of date: I just installed star field from the game pass to my pc but when i tried loading it up the game wont make it past the loading screen it will close and give me an error messeage saying something about my graphic drivers are out of date. So I checked to see if i could update...
  4. i think i deleted my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think i deleted my graphics driver: when i go into device maneger it dose not say that my nvidia graphics card is there. nither when i open the nvidia control pannel. i am running windows 11 on a laptop as well and this happend when i was trying to get a game onto vr but i faild and now its says i dont have a...
  5. i think i deleted my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i think i deleted my graphics driver: when i go into device maneger it dose not say that my nvidia graphics card is there. nither when i open the nvidia control pannel. i am running windows 11 on a laptop as well and this happend when i was trying to get a game onto vr but i faild and now its says i dont have a...
  6. Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this?: Hi All,I recently needed to uninstall and reinstall my graphics card, due to the fans going out. Radeon R9 390 XFX 8GB I have replaced the fans but while I was troubleshooting I had installed my card in my secondary SLI port for a while so that it could use the case fans for...
  7. Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic drivers are up to date but multiple games think they are not, How do I fix this?: Hi All,I recently needed to uninstall and reinstall my graphics card, due to the fans going out. Radeon R9 390 XFX 8GB I have replaced the fans but while I was troubleshooting I had installed my card in my secondary SLI port for a while so that it could use the case fans for...
  8. Need up to date drivers to open a game

Need up to date drivers to open a game: A game I have recently updated, and when I tried to run that version it said I needed up-to-date drivers. I was on Windows 7 at the time, so I thought I might as well update to Windows 10 while I'm at it. Now my computer can't run the current version of the game, saying that...
  9. Graphics driver outdated for Minecraft, but my graphics card is up to date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver outdated for Minecraft, but my graphics card is up to date: As the title says, I keep on getting this error whenever I boot up Minecraft Windows 10 edition, even though my graphics driver is up to date. I've done research on this, and many people seem to be having this problem. I read a forum about it and some people said its because...
  10. How do i fix NVIDIA control panel not found. I checked and the driver is up to date, but...

How do i fix NVIDIA control panel not found. I checked and the driver is up to date, but...: I tried downloading from microsof store and it doesnt download anything. My check indicates all drivers are up to date and installed ok. Weird!...