Windows 10: Graphical artifacting/distortion

Discus and support Graphical artifacting/distortion in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, Since yesterday my computer has started having graphical issues. Here are some examples: [img] As you can see there's lines going through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by hgp123, Apr 30, 2020.

1. hgp123 Win User

Graphical artifacting/distortion

Hi all,

Since yesterday my computer has started having graphical issues. Here are some examples:

Graphical artifacting/distortion [​IMG]

As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome had some issues as well but those appear to have been fixed by disabling hardware acceleration. The only thing that has changed recently is a Windows update. I'm currently running Win10 1909 but the hardware is pretty old.

I've run the Windows memory diagnostic and a GPU diagnostic. Neither turned up any failures. I've run DISM/sfc and sfc doesn't find anything.

Any ideas on a fix?

:)

hgp123, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Minecraft, World of Tanks.. graphic artifacts

Hi Odessa,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to fix the issue after following the suggestions provided in the thread you have mentioned in the post.

Have you updated the graphics card drivers?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you update Graphic card drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.
    If the issue still persist follow method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website of your graphic card and check for any updated drivers available there. If so, try to install them and check if it fix the issue.

If no updated drivers available then try installing the available drivers in compatibility mode.

Refer the steps:

• Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to please get in touch with our
    Xbox Support team through below link to resolve the issue:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Our Xbox support team will assist you better in this regard.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Hey all - just installed Win10 on an HP DCS5800 Slim desktop with an Intel Q33 graphics card. Windows 10 seems to run fine, but I am getting graphical artifacting on text and images everywhere. I've tried checking the drivers, but the newest drivers listed on the Intel site are older than the ones that Windows 10 installed during it's upgrade from Win7...

Example screenshot:

Graphical artifacting/distortion [​IMG]

(Screenshot is a low resolution because I just have an old CRT hooked up to do the upgrade, the owner of the computer has a newer LCD monitor)

Is there a setting in Windows I can try disabling to get this issue solved? The computer belongs to an elderly lady with poor eyesight, so this just won't do.....any ideas are appreciated!

Darkstrike, Apr 30, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

You mean this? Intel 82Q33 Graphics and Memory Controller) Specifications
    A seh for "Graphics Drivers for Intel® Q33 Express Chipset" in Intel Download Center yields it ....

*Arrow Drivers Software

Also, HP Compaq dc5800 Microtower PC does not contain Windows 10 in its Operating System's dropdown list.

No graphics driver for windows 10. Probably that is the reason behind the screen artifacts.

Thema:

1. Graphical artifacting/distortion - Similar Threads - Graphical artifacting distortion

2. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  3. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  4. Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion in Windows 10: [ATTACH]At times it has been reported that the monitor displays distortion, images appear wavy with horizontal lines, and videos showing frames at incorrect positions. It happens because of the wrong monitor refresh rate where the display driver is not able to put the frames...
  5. Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004: Hello, I updated to the new 2004 version and also updated my nvidia drivers, since then I'm having a graphical glitch from time to time, I'm 99% sure it started with this update because it also started to happen on my girlfriend's PC, we both use double monitors on extended...
  6. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Since yesterday my computer has been having graphics issues. Here's an example: [IMG] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome also had some issues initially but those appear to have been fixed...
  7. Recurring graphical artifacts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Recurring graphical artifacts on taskbar: Recently I've been having an issue with some small graphical artifacts on my taskbar. They appear in the exact same place each time. I don't think it's an issue with my GPU, considering they show up on screenshots (see attachments). This problem only started after I had to...
  8. Graphic artifacts on desktop

Graphic artifacts on desktop: Good day folks, Today when I booted Train Simulator 2015, it hanged on the Dovetail logo and eventually froze, i had to restart the pc from the button, after the restart, the desktop was filled with numerous horizontal lines of different lenghts and colors, artifacts in...
  9. Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Graphics artifacting on desktop...?: Hey all - just installed Win10 on an HP DCS5800 Slim desktop with an Intel Q33 graphics card. Windows 10 seems to run fine, but I am getting graphical artifacting on text and images everywhere. I've tried checking the drivers, but the newest drivers listed on the Intel site...
  10. Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.: I seem to have another issue following the Creators Update upgrade in which I'm seeing graphical artifacts. I first noticed it in the shutdown process where the screen goes blue (could be black, not sure) It happens very quickly but I think I would describe the artifacts...