Windows 10: Graphical errors upon startup from hibernation

Discus and support Graphical errors upon startup from hibernation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop is set to hibernate when I close the lid while unplugged. When I start it back up, the Dell logo displays as normal, and then four circles of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lasrrr, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Lasrrr Win User

Graphical errors upon startup from hibernation

My laptop is set to hibernate when I close the lid while unplugged. When I start it back up, the Dell logo displays as normal, and then four circles of spinning dots appear on the screen, about the same width apart across the centre of the screen. Before, when my laptop displayed this screen, there was only one circle of spinning dots directly below the Dell logo. I'm worried this might indicate something is malfunctioning. Does anyone have any suggestion of why my laptop is acting this way?

:)

Lasrrr, Oct 13, 2016

2. Computer startup- flashing screen and clicking

Details:

Asus Intel Core i7-4720HQ

Bought in 2015

Upon computer startup (start, hibernate, sleep, and restart) the screen backlight will flash and a clicking sound will come from the area of the disc drive area (not sure if it is the disc drive or from another component near it.) The computer will continue
    it's startup, sometimes when I repeatedly press the "open" button on the disc drive or it just happens coincidentally. Not sure as to what could be the cause and hoping it is an easy fix.

Jacob Manley (jmanley3), Oct 13, 2016
  3. BlackJack 2 is not recognized by/cannot connect with Device

Yes and yes -- This morning, I booted up (from shutdown, not hibernation), and the error reappeared upon connecting the Blackjack. It seems to be very hit and miss -- sometimes works, sometimes not. I have yet to really pin down a reliable pattern to it.

DoubleOZero, Oct 13, 2016
Thema:

Graphical errors upon startup from hibernation

1. Graphical errors upon startup from hibernation - Similar Threads - Graphical errors upon

2. Icons rearange themselves upon startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons rearange themselves upon startup: Each time I start my PC up all the icons in the bottom row of the desktop are thrown out of that row. I have seen the others say the issue is related to scaling and setting it to 124% fixes it, however I am on a large monitor (3840x2160) and setting to 124% scaling makes it...
  3. Error resuming from hibernate 0xC0000411

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error resuming from hibernate 0xC0000411: After the Fall Update I started getting these issues: Thousands of these warnings: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. and: Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000411. It's not technically a BSOD, but when I turn my PC back on from...
  4. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  5. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION upon waking from hibernate (w/ minidump and event logs)

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION upon waking from hibernate (w/ minidump and event logs): Every once in a while when I wake my computer up from hibernate, it bluecreens and gives me the above error. It most recently did it this morning (11/25/18). Also, in event viewer, the same errors keep popping up afterward. I have included a download for both the minidump,...
  6. BSOD upon startup, can't boot to OS

BSOD upon startup, can't boot to OS: Hi everyone, My Windows 10 (64bit) has always had issues with "page fault in nonpaged area" errors, usually when rebooting from sleep. Yesterday, my system crashed again again. Instead of booting up as normal, it crashed again with the same error, rebooted, and crashed...
  7. Clicking noises upon startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clicking noises upon startup: just had this happen to me, was such a weird and distinct thing to hear that its was obvious it was coming from the PC. booted up PC about 10 mins ago and just as i was going to sit down on my chair i heard clicking noises maybe 3-5 times before it went away during mid...
  8. Event ID 51 from all disk drives upon startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event ID 51 from all disk drives upon startup: This has started happening yesterday. I've never had any similar issues in the past. Windows 10, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB and Hitachi HUA723020ALA641 2TB. I've been getting the following Event ID 51 warnings in the Event Viewer from both my SSD (Disk 0) and HDD (Disk 1) upon...
  9. Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup: Well I thought I had this problem solved! I had the same exact issue running Windows 7 so I upgraded to 10. It worked for a few times and now each time I restart, the 3 mapped drives I have show the dreaded RED X. This pc worked perfectly prior to me installing a new Samsung...
  10. Frustrating: Computer freezes immediately upon startup...

in Windows 10 Support
    Frustrating: Computer freezes immediately upon startup...: Try booting into Safe Mode. I then suggest using Autoruns to check all startup programs / services / tasks. Look or search for anything related to Verizon and disable that. You need to peruse the startup profiles in Autoruns for all users.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. graphical errors in startup