Windows 10: Graphical File Manager

Discus and support Graphical File Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So far. My searches for such a software have not yielded any possible contenders. Which is a file manager which would display thumbnails of each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stub, Feb 8, 2019.

1. stub Win User

Graphical File Manager

So far. My searches for such a software have not yielded any possible contenders. Which is a file manager which would display thumbnails of each folder.

What I'm looking for is a file manager which has 2 panes and preferably a folder panel for ease of movement. The two panes need to be displayed graphically (a thumbnail is good enough), not just the filename. What I need to do is to compare two folders both full of pictures and copy all the pictures which are in 1 folder but not the other, to the other folder. This is a one-way operation. Lets say 1 folder is called "new' and the other "old", I only want to copy files from the "old" to the "new" folder if they don't already exist in the new folder. The difficult part (for me) is the filenames are not the same in each folder. So I need to physically look at each picture, if it doesn't appear in the new folder then copy/move to the new folder. Delete from the old folder, rinse and repeat. This is going to be tough with low thousands of pictures in each folder. I suppose there is nothing which could actually compare the pictures, which might make this an easier task?

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Of course I would prefer free. But I would be happy to pay a modest amount for software which would facilitate me in what I'm trying to achieve.

:)

stub, Feb 8, 2019

2. Cant find graphics card on device manager!

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message while playing or to launch a game?

I suggest you to unhide the hidden drivers in Device Manager by following the steps provided below and check if the Graphic card driver is visible:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Click on View and click on Show Hidden Devices.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card and Program Files, Nothing working after Upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Yes, even if Microsoft Edge doesn't support plugins you can use Internet Explorer to do so.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and then try to update graphics card.

Method 1: Update Graphics Card

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Graphics card and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart your system
    Method 2: Uninstall and then re-install Graphics Card

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Graphics card and select
      Uninstall.
    • Once, you have uninstalled the driver do not restart, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest Graphics Card Driver.
    • Double-click (run) and install the driver setup file.
    • Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Graphical File Manager

ATI AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics with dedicated VRAM ATI AMD Radeon R5 M240 always crashes

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for updating.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in previous post? If yes please share the results to assist you further.

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Graphic drivers and check.

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

• Press "Windows Logo" + "X" keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on "Device Manager" from that list.
    • Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select "Uninstall". On the un-installation window, if you have an option: "Delete the driver software for this device" you may select that and
      then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    • Download the latest Graphics adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

If the issue persists follow the steps below.

• Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
    • Click the More Details arrow to expand the view
    • Scroll down to Desktop Window Manager (it's in the "Windows Processes" group)
    • Right click it and choose End Task.
    • Check the Abandon unsaved data and shut down box, then click
      Shut Down. (Note: this warning is misleading, Windows will not shut down -- it just restarts the window manager).
    • After a moment, the start menu and taskbar should work again.
    Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Graphical File Manager

1. Graphical File Manager - Similar Threads - Graphical File Manager

2. graphic adaptor in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphic adaptor in device manager: hi yesterday i figure out something very odd i have tuf dash f15 with rtx 3060 when i plugged it out the graphic driver get disappear and when i plugged it in again back what's the problem?i tried uninstall driver and ddu and install update but those didn't work...
  3. graphic adaptor in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphic adaptor in device manager: hi yesterday i figure out something very odd i have tuf dash f15 with rtx 3060 when i plugged it out the graphic driver get disappear and when i plugged it in again back what's the problem?i tried uninstall driver and ddu and install update but those didn't work...
  4. Graphics card not detected in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card not detected in device manager: Hi, my graphics card is not detected in device manager post upgrade to Windows 11, and is thus replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", resulting in a decreased performance and far more lag. How would I circumvent this, for simply clicking "show hidden devices" and...
  5. Graphics card not detected in device manager

Graphics card not detected in device manager: Hi, my graphics card is not detected in device manager post upgrade to Windows 11, and is thus replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", resulting in a decreased performance and far more lag. How would I circumvent this, for simply clicking "show hidden devices" and...
  6. file manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file manager: By mistake i have changed my desktop file location to D drive and now none of my desktop file is showing on my home screen . Please tell how to correct it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-manager/7a833a21-f1ac-40d6-b38a-41896a3f8e8e
  7. File Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Manager: intenso usb 3.0 ultra line 32gb not recognized in File Manager. Device Manager shows it in Disk Drives folder but in Other Devices folder itshows as unrecognized device. when this is deleted, the usb 3.0 is deleted in File Manager....
  8. file management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file management: Why can't I copy files on onedrive straight to a local drive without it being zipped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-management/0b1a93f2-0e3b-4ac0-bc9e-876f6b7c45c2"
  9. Graphical File Manager

Graphical File Manager: So far. My searches for such a software have not yielded any possible contenders. Which is a file manager which would display thumbnails of each folder. What I'm looking for is a file manager which has 2 panes and preferably a folder panel for ease of movement. The two panes...
  10. File Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    File Manager: I have discovered that I am not able to create new folders. When I click ThisPC I am able to view existing folders but not create new ones? Anyone else having problems? 14205