Windows 10: Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

Discus and support Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After installing my GPU driver I noticed my desktop background went fully black. I moused over my icons and they were all highlited. Eventually after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by friendlybear, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

After installing my GPU driver I noticed my desktop background went fully black. I moused over my icons and they were all highlited. Eventually after I clicked it went away. Screenshot:

Attachment 27346

It then happened again and when I moused over the icons they graphically duplicated. Again, clicking on the Desktop fixed it. Screenshot:

Attachment 27347

I started up Edge and it didn't load up any webpages as if I was not connected to the internet, even though I was...Then I received a Critical_Process_Died blue screen after restarting for updates. Started back up and its working fine.

UPDATE: Computer froze and received a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error blue screen. I will add that log in aswell.

:)

friendlybear, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 BSOD graphical glitch

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to post your query in the TechNet forums for better assistance on this issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 General

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 BSOD graphical glitch

I am talking about a glitch in BSOD not a glitch that causes BSOD.

My Win10 device running i5, 4GB Ram, NVIDIA 820M graphics card went bluescreen earlier due to debugging a Visual C++ code when RAM usage is near 100% (Edge crashed and it spiked my Ram and Disk usage to 100% dunno why and I have to restart to solve that,
    which I haven't done yet when the BSOD happened).

The thing is it supposed to look like the BSOD of Win8.1 (I saw a very distorted Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. :( emoticon and most part is Blue so I presume it is) but what happens is that it is glitched. Literally glitched to the point that I can't even see anything on the screen than
    a bunch distorted graphics.

I have updated all of my graphics card to their latest version through windows update and checked on nvidia's site as well to make sure incase anyone would tell it's my graphics card.

JosephTorrente, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

@Boozad, I just ran the CPU stress test to start off and I noticed something peculiar...

Attachment 27712

My temperatures were normal although the fourth one was lower than the others. I decided to stop the test and await your advice.

friendlybear, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    I'm going to be out for most of today, I'll get someone to drop in to assist you further until I'm back.

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Hello, friendlybear, I will see if I can help. If you would, please fill out your system specs in as much detail as possible. Please include all components, including hard drives, PSU and CPU cooler. Also include the Manufacturer and model of the components. We occasionally have to look up components and need that info to do it. If you will look at your last post and click My System Specs in the bottom Left there will be a link to edit your system specs. Be sure to click save when finished. If you are unsure of what we would like, click my system specs at the bottom left of this post and see mine..

If you are overclocking anything please set everything back to defaults.

Prime95 acted the way it did because one of the cores shut down. If you will look at worker 4, you will see hardware failure detected. That does not necessarily mean the CPU. Several other things could be the cause. What was the highest temp you saw during the test? I trust you had a CPU Temp monitoring program open during the test. If not, do not run the test again until you get one. If you need some suggestions, I can provide a couple. Once I see your hardware specs, I will know more of what to advise you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

essenbe, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    Thanks Steve, I'll drop back in when I'm back tonight. @friendlybear you're in more than capable hands with essenbe.

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

Hey there essenbe. I hope the information provided is now sufficient!

As far as I know I am not overclocking anything, I remember checking the BIOS a while back to make sure my CPU wasn't OCed. I have checked Catalyst Control Center and my GPU is not overclocked at all.

3 of the threads were running at ~55°C but the fourth was just hitting 40°C. I was running Real Temp to monitor temperatures

EDIT: I just finished the SeaTools scan. Here is a screenshot. I think we're all clear in that department?

Attachment 27755

9. essenbe Win User
    OK, that looks good. We are just going to have to start doing some tests to see if we can find out what is going on. Hardware tests are long and tedious. I know, I have been there myself, too many times. So, if you are ready

Please Run Memtest86+

Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. [​IMG]

Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. [​IMG]
    Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

essenbe, Aug 1, 2015
  10. Ok I will run that before I go to bed and then get back to you tomorrow.

One question, what will happen if it completes 3 hours before I wake up? Does it require a prompt so I can check if it discovered any errors? Thanks for your help!

11. essenbe Win User
    No, it needs to run 8 complete passes, at a minimum. If you notice it has an error, stop the test. If it has an error and you don't notice it, it will be fine. It is just that even 1 error is a fail. So, no need to run it any longer. But if you do run it longer, it will hurt nothing. With 8 GB of ram, it should take 9-10 hours to run 8 passes. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

essenbe, Aug 1, 2015
  12. Sorry for taking so long this PC is shared so I needed to wait another night. It completed 8 complete passes with 0 errors.

friendlybear, Aug 3, 2015
  13. essenbe Win User

Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

That's a good sign. Don't worry about the time. Just do things whenever you can. We are always around.

essenbe, Aug 3, 2015
  14. Something strange just happened... I took a shower with my PC idle and came back to it completely frozen. I tried moving the mouse and inputting commands on the keyboard but the screen just stayed the same.

I waited for some kind of BSOD or error message but nothing happened. Everything seemed ordinary, no loud fans etc. except for the processing light that flickers. It didn't flicker at all and stayed completely dark until I manually restarted the computer and now everything is working fine.

friendlybear, Aug 3, 2015
  15. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

1. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Graphical glitch BSOD

2. Windows 10 - Glitched BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Glitched BSOD: I've been getting a BSOD seemingly every month, when it happens it glitches out the screen and any audio playing. The screen glitches where I unfortunately can't see the error code of the bottom of the BSOD.It also seems to only happen when I have a video playing. When the...
  3. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  4. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  5. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Constant BSOD with clean Windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD with clean Windows 10 installation.: My computer is constantly blue screening with different error codes before and after a clean installation of windows 10. Here are a few of the error codes below:On Tue 4/27/2021 4:06:08 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file:...
  7. windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.

windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.: I just did a clean install of windows 10 on my pc because I was planning to sell it. After the install, my monitor screen stayed black and said it had no signal. I plugged my monitor into the onboard graphics and still it would not come on. I removed my graphics card and my...
  8. Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Theanonman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dm17ai/bizarre_windows_10_wallpaper_glitch_persists/
  9. Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD

Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD: How can I Fix This issue .please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP file link:---- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFPL7OpaU6ugWT3llcXhZQDUvlv[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-and-clean-install-windows-10-1809-after/95aaf462-d57e-400b-9c42-f11690d94af6
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches: I have installed Win 10 Pro and been using it for a while. I also have a ASUS STRIX GTX 960 OC with 2GB GDDR5 video memory, and 4GB ram. Lately I have been noticing a lag/stuttering after using the computer for a while. Mind that the problem doesn't come on as soon as the PC...