Windows 10: Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

Discus and support Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I haven't removed PC components before and am a little worried. Is there any tips you can give so I don't damage anything? Will I need tools to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by friendlybear, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

I haven't removed PC components before and am a little worried. Is there any tips you can give so I don't damage anything? Will I need tools to remove the GPU?

I plug the monitor VGA cable to the motherboard to get the Intel HD graphics, right? Do I need drivers for it to work?

friendlybear, Aug 17, 2015
  2. essenbe Win User

There should be 2 screws in the back holding the card in. At the front of the slot, there is usually a release mechanism to hold that end of the card in. Turn the computer off, unplug the power supply and hold the start button for about down 30 seconds until all residual power is drained from the computer. Remove the power connections from the card, unscrew the 2 screws in the back, with one hand, press the release mechanism down and with the other hand pull the card out from the front of the card. As soon as the card comes loose from the front of the slot (where the release mechanism is) your can stop holding the release mechanism down. The card should pull straight out of the slot. Just be sure you are pulling straight out from the slot.

essenbe, Aug 17, 2015
  3. essenbe Win User
    When you boot up, Windows Update should install the drivers for it.

essenbe, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

To be honest I haven't had the courage or time to get around to doing this. I think I might take it in to the computer store to upgrade my GPU and diagnose the BSOD problem. Lately I've been getting about one BSOD daily and it is always MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.

Other than that I haven't been having too many problems with the PC and it is running fairly well. The only things that come to mind are problems with video players having a choppy framerate sometimes. I'm just going to wing it until something major happens, surely getting a daily BSOD isn't bad for the computers health?

friendlybear, Nov 6, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    I would hate to see you have to pay someone money to do something fairly simple. Perhaps you have some friends who work on computers who could do it for you.

essenbe, Nov 6, 2015
  6. I mean I would be purchasing the GPU from them anyway and they would install it. Maybe they'd give me a deal to clean it and reseat all components? I figure if the PC is gone I may as well get it all sorted.

By the way do you think the daily BSOD is harmful to the computer in any way?

friendlybear, Nov 6, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    Probably not the Hardware, but it can corrupt the operating system.

essenbe, Nov 6, 2015
  8. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

I reseated it but after a few days it still BSOD's daily. Unrelated but I feel like videos that are 1080p and 60fps don't show at that resolution and definitely aren't 60fps. I've also had problems with Twitch player buffering all the time only on the problematic PC. I feel it's a player issue.

friendlybear, Nov 11, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    Friendlybear, the buffering you mention would be a network issue of it not downloading fast enough. That usually means the movie is playing faster than you are downloading so it has to stop and wait for the download to catch up. That can be an issue with your machine/network or an issue on Twitch's end. You can go to Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test and check your download and upload speed. If your network is fast enough I would suspect Twitch.

Please download and install CPUz TechPowerUp ) and post screenshots of the main tab and sensor tab.

If you have been having BSODs, please upload the DM Log collector again. BSOD - Posting Instructions

essenbe, Nov 11, 2015
  10. I meant to add that my internet is fast but for some reason every now and then the Twitch player does this weird infinite buffer. That and YouTube videos don't display at 1080p 60fps even though it says they are which I suspect is the GPU? I have definitely had other issues with the video players in the past and tried to reinstall Adobe Flash Player but it didn't remedy the problems.

Anyway I've uploaded all the screenshots and the BSOD log.

EDIT: By the way, the last BSOD was CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and not the usual MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.

friendlybear, Nov 13, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    Friendlybear would you please go to add/remove programs and post a screenshot of everything you have installed? Also, would you happen to be using Dropbox or any other external server? This is what I found in your dump file.

Code: Cannot read _DRIVER_OBJECT at ffffe001d6ec1b90 DriverObject ffffe001d6ec1b90 Current Irp ffffe001d6e81858 RefCount 0 Type 00000000 Flags d6ec85f8 Vpb ffffe001d802f978 DevExt 00000000 DevObjExt 00000000 Characteristics (0xffffe001) FILE_REMOVABLE_MEDIA, FILE_CHARACTERISTIC_WEBDAV_DEVICE, FILE_CHARACTERISTIC_CSV, FILE_DEVICE_ALLOW_APPCONTAINER_TRAVERSAL, FILE_PORTABLE_DEVICE Unknown flags 0xfff8c000 AttachedDevice (Upper) ffffe001d6e81858ffffe001d6e81858: is not a device object GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800155e41c0 PROCESS ffffe001d6e81840 SessionId: none Cid: 06d8 Peb: 7ff631e59000 ParentCid: 02ac DirBase: 12646e000 ObjectTable: ffffc0001eaeee80 HandleCount: <Data Not Accessible> Image: svchost.exe VadRoot ffffe001d6e03b30 Vads 197 Clone 0 Private 2899. Modified 20848. Locked 0. DeviceMap ffffc0001e0ad770 Token ffffc0001eaf4060 ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value. fffff78000000000: Unable to get shared data ElapsedTime 00:00:00.000 UserTime 00:00:00.000 KernelTime 00:00:00.000 QuotaPoolUsage[PagedPool] 147336 QuotaPoolUsage[NonPagedPool] 43728 Working Set Sizes (now,min,max) (7279, 50, 345) (29116KB, 200KB, 1380KB) PeakWorkingSetSize 20573 VirtualSize 2097276 Mb PeakVirtualSize 2097919 Mb PageFaultCount 537542 MemoryPriority BACKGROUND BasePriority 8 CommitCharge 3887[/quote]

essenbe, Nov 14, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    I know we have tried these before, but I would like you to try again.

Next please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

Also in an elevated command prompt, please copy/paste this in the window and press enter Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

have you received the 1511 update in the past few days?If you don't know, hold down the Windows key and press R. Type winver and press OK. If you have received it, you should show your version as 1511 (OS Build 10586.3).

What program do you use for backups and imaging?

essenbe, Nov 14, 2015
  13. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

I use One Drive and Private Tunnel VPN. Won't have access to PC for some hours to post screenshot.

EDIT: Backup and imaging? I don't use any unless you count One Drive since it's a cloud backup.

friendlybear, Nov 14, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    OK, no problem. Whenever you have time. If it ends up it is needed, would you be able to do a clean install? I know you share the computer. How long has this problem been going on? Did you have issues with your previous OS?

essenbe, Nov 14, 2015
  15. I originally upgraded to Windows 10 with a fully clean install because I was having issues before. Windows 10 has had the same issues as 7 but in the past month it has had daily BSOD's.

I mean I could do a clean install but it would be inconvenient and I'm doubtful it would work considering I've done it before. These problems have been prevalent ever since we replaced all components from water damage. I honestly think it's faulty hardware, most likely GPU since I can't play modern high end games without weird glitches and crashes. Not to mention the driver issues.

friendlybear, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

1. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Graphical glitch BSOD

2. Windows 10 - Glitched BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Glitched BSOD: I've been getting a BSOD seemingly every month, when it happens it glitches out the screen and any audio playing. The screen glitches where I unfortunately can't see the error code of the bottom of the BSOD.It also seems to only happen when I have a video playing. When the...
  3. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  4. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  5. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Constant BSOD with clean Windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD with clean Windows 10 installation.: My computer is constantly blue screening with different error codes before and after a clean installation of windows 10. Here are a few of the error codes below:On Tue 4/27/2021 4:06:08 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file:...
  7. windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.

windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.: I just did a clean install of windows 10 on my pc because I was planning to sell it. After the install, my monitor screen stayed black and said it had no signal. I plugged my monitor into the onboard graphics and still it would not come on. I removed my graphics card and my...
  8. Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Theanonman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dm17ai/bizarre_windows_10_wallpaper_glitch_persists/
  9. Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD

Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD: How can I Fix This issue .please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP file link:---- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFPL7OpaU6ugWT3llcXhZQDUvlv[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-and-clean-install-windows-10-1809-after/95aaf462-d57e-400b-9c42-f11690d94af6
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches: I have installed Win 10 Pro and been using it for a while. I also have a ASUS STRIX GTX 960 OC with 2GB GDDR5 video memory, and 4GB ram. Lately I have been noticing a lag/stuttering after using the computer for a while. Mind that the problem doesn't come on as soon as the PC...