Windows 10: Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

Discus and support Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How did you get water damage? Many cases if you use distilled water, it will be OK after a few days. Distilled water tends to have no impurities in it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by friendlybear, Jul 31, 2015.

1. essenbe Win User

Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

How did you get water damage? Many cases if you use distilled water, it will be OK after a few days. Distilled water tends to have no impurities in it so leaves no residue behind after it dries. Of course, you wouldn't be the first person to damage components from water either. I would be as concerned about the Motherboard as the GPU. The easiest way to find out if it is the GPU would be to swap it with someone for a day or two just to see.

Would you go into BIOS when you can and give me the values of your +12V,+5V and +3.3V? While there, get me the CPU temp and the Motherboard temp. You should find it on the Main page .

essenbe, Nov 14, 2015

2. Well it was regular tap water and apparently it fried all the components, so it's basically just the case that remained. Yes, I can get you that BIOS info.

I could replace it with the other PC in the house but I'm not confident in my skills to do so and they are both in use by someone else at one time or another. But if I get the rare opportunity I can try.

friendlybear, Nov 14, 2015
  3. essenbe Win User
    Let me know. If I can help, I will be happy to. There are lot of excellent hardware people on this site who would be happy to help you, if you want to try.

essenbe, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

I am more just afraid, if anything else, to remove and install both GPUs since I haven't done it before. I think I know how to do it, it's the doing it that makes me nervous.

I'll run the sfc and Dism after this and keep you informed but I may as well upload the screenshots you asked for first. Used my Iphone to capture the BIOS. By the way I appreciate your help greatly and I apologize for my system being the most annoying fix in the world.

Attachment 48251Attachment 48241Attachment 48245Attachment 48244Attachment 48243Attachment 48242Attachment 48240Attachment 48246Attachment 48247Attachment 48248Attachment 48249

5. essenbe Win User
    I don't see very much I would consider a big problem. All of your BIOS photos look very good. No issues I see there. Based on what you have told me, it would appear to be a hardware problem.

Trust me, you don't have the most annoying fix in the world. We have a whole lot of people in a similar boat as you. Maybe why I'm sitting here at 2 A.M. answering threads instead of sleeping like normal people do. *Wink

essenbe, Nov 14, 2015
  6. I ran it 4 consecutive times with reboots between each but it came up with corrupt each time. What should I do next? Run the Dism? Upload CBS log?

7. essenbe Win User
    Run the DISM and let me know the error message. There is an upgrade out, which you haven't upgraded to. But, if you get the error of something like the source file cannot be found, download the TechBench ISO, https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/soft...load/techbench. You'll have to put in the version you have right now. I'm not certain it will work, but we will try it and you can do the upgrade from that whenever you want to. I'll be back on in the morning, and we'll try to sort it again. Just let me know the results.

Of course, if you are right nd it is hardware, nothing we are trying will help.

essenbe, Nov 14, 2015
  8. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

Okay I just turned the computer on and the screen just stayed black with no activity as if the video cord was unplugged.

The monitor light was red instead of blue and I tried replugging the video cord several times. The computer turns on fine and runs as if it were on. I can try making sound prompts with the keyboard but I'm not sure which commands to use.

Edit: I pressed a key and it made that "no command" type sound. A resounding ding that sounds normal.

friendlybear, Nov 15, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    Ok, I assume you have shut down and restarted several times. If not try that. Your next option would be to try different cables from the monitor to the card to make sure it isn't a bad cord. Failing all of that, you need to completely remove the graphics card from the computer and plug the monitor into one of the ports on the motherboard, using the on board graphics. It won't work unless you completely remove the graphics card from the computer.

You can also try going into BIOS and see if you get any graphics there.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2015
  10. So if I just spam F2 while it starts up it should load the BIOS graphics?

11. essenbe Win User
    If that is your BIOS Key, yes. You should hear a beep when it starts. That beep means BIOS has finished it's self test, then start tapping your F2 key.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2015
  12. I tried it but it didn't work. Would the GPU have to be removed and the cord plugged into the MB for this to work?

13. essenbe Win User

No, I just wanted to see if you had graphics while in bios. The graphics drivers do not load when in BIOS. They only load when you start the Operating System. If you remove the card and connect to the motherboard graphics, it should load the drivers through Windows Update as soon as you enter the OS.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2015
  14. Okay I checked both GPU ports using two differnet VGA and DVI cords and it didn't work. Then I checked the MOBO ports using both VGA and DVI cords and it works! Checked GPUZ and it shows the GPU as being the built in Intel HD 4000. I guess this means the GPU is fried? I didn't even need to take the GPU out, the MOBO just works.

By the way, for future note should I use VGA or DVI in the future?

15. essenbe Win User
    Always use DVI/HDMI/Display Port. It will provide a much better picture. Normally it running on board graphics with the card installed means the BIOS and the OS did not recognize a card was plugged in. Almost all modern motherboards will automatically disable on board graphics if it detects a PCIe X16 card plugged in.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Graphical glitch BSOD

2. Graphic glitch in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic glitch in windows 11: Hello!I've been using Windows 10 for a long time and it's always worked fine for me, I don't have any serious problems with it. However, I've already tried Windows 11 a few times and I always have the same problem, even trying to install in different ways.In Windows 11, when...
  3. Graphic glitch in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic glitch in windows 11: Hello!I've been using Windows 10 for a long time and it's always worked fine for me, I don't have any serious problems with it. However, I've already tried Windows 11 a few times and I always have the same problem, even trying to install in different ways.In Windows 11, when...
  4. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  5. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  6. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.

windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.: I just did a clean install of windows 10 on my pc because I was planning to sell it. After the install, my monitor screen stayed black and said it had no signal. I plugged my monitor into the onboard graphics and still it would not come on. I removed my graphics card and my...
  8. Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Theanonman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dm17ai/bizarre_windows_10_wallpaper_glitch_persists/
  9. Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD

Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD: How can I Fix This issue .please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP file link:---- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFPL7OpaU6ugWT3llcXhZQDUvlv[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-and-clean-install-windows-10-1809-after/95aaf462-d57e-400b-9c42-f11690d94af6
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches: I have installed Win 10 Pro and been using it for a while. I also have a ASUS STRIX GTX 960 OC with 2GB GDDR5 video memory, and 4GB ram. Lately I have been noticing a lag/stuttering after using the computer for a while. Mind that the problem doesn't come on as soon as the PC...