Windows 10: Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

Discus and support Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What do I do now? I noticed that it still does that thing where the desktop picture dissapears and when I hover over icons they are highlighted in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by friendlybear, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

What do I do now? I noticed that it still does that thing where the desktop picture dissapears and when I hover over icons they are highlighted in black. Does this mean an OS corruption since the GPU seems to be eliminated from the picture?

friendlybear, Nov 15, 2015
  2. essenbe Win User

I would see if I could borrow another Graphics card from someone and give it a try for a day or two. It sounds to me like your graphics card is completely dead or there is a problem with your PCIe slot. Another card is the only way to know for sure.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2015
  3. If I don't get any more BSOD's would that mean that the GPU was the problem the whole time? I'm going to play it by ear at this point and wait for something to happen and report back here.

4. essenbe Win User

Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

sounds good. I would think if you get no more BSODs, the GPU was your issue.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2015
  5. Do you know why those minor glitches still happen though? Like the highlight graphic staying on icons and the desktop background sometimes going black? It feels like weird corruptions in the OS or something, how would I diagnose that?

6. essenbe Win User
    I have no idea. But if we can get the sfc /scannow and DISM commands to run successfully, they should fix it.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2015
  7. So would I just run the sfc until it gives me a "no corruption" message? And then run the DISM until it gives me the all clear?

8. axe0 New Member

DISM isn't necessary if SFC fixes the corruption.
    Only if SFC says it can't fix the problems, after a few tries, you'll need to run DISM to restore SFC. If SFC can't fix it after a few tries it usually means the source is corrupted what can be resolved with DISM.
    Just a FYI *Wink

9. Something strange just happened. I turned the PC off after using it and when I came back to turn it on the screen was black, same problem. So I plugged the DVI cord form the MB port to the GPU port and heard a successful ding sound and the screen was back to normal. Desktop background was black but still works fine.

Checked GPU-Z and the GPU shows up there. Weird?

10. essenbe Win User
    Look in BIOS and see what the values are for the +12V, +5V and +3.3V.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2015
  11. I ran the Dism command and it came back with an error as shown in the screenshot. Also my BSODs have increased to 2-3 times a day.

Attachment 49857Attachment 49856Attachment 49858

friendlybear, Nov 21, 2015
  12. What should I do do try and remedy the possible OS corruptions? Run Dism?

friendlybear, Nov 28, 2015
  13. essenbe Win User

Please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

If that doesn't come back clean, Run DISM again. If the DISM gives the same 'Can't find source' error, download the ISO file from Techbench, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench. I'll give you instructions when you are ready.

essenbe, Nov 28, 2015
  14. Okay the commands all came up negative. Which ISO version do I download?

friendlybear, Dec 2, 2015
  15. essenbe Win User
    If sfc /scannow said no integrity violations were found, I don't see the necessity of running DISM.

If you want to try, run this command in an elevated command prompt (the same as you did with sfc). You don't need the ISO for this one.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

essenbe, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Graphical glitch BSOD

2. Graphic glitch in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic glitch in windows 11: Hello!I've been using Windows 10 for a long time and it's always worked fine for me, I don't have any serious problems with it. However, I've already tried Windows 11 a few times and I always have the same problem, even trying to install in different ways.In Windows 11, when...
  3. Graphic glitch in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic glitch in windows 11: Hello!I've been using Windows 10 for a long time and it's always worked fine for me, I don't have any serious problems with it. However, I've already tried Windows 11 a few times and I always have the same problem, even trying to install in different ways.In Windows 11, when...
  4. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  5. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  6. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.

windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.: I just did a clean install of windows 10 on my pc because I was planning to sell it. After the install, my monitor screen stayed black and said it had no signal. I plugged my monitor into the onboard graphics and still it would not come on. I removed my graphics card and my...
  8. Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Theanonman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dm17ai/bizarre_windows_10_wallpaper_glitch_persists/
  9. Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD

Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD: How can I Fix This issue .please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP file link:---- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFPL7OpaU6ugWT3llcXhZQDUvlv[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-and-clean-install-windows-10-1809-after/95aaf462-d57e-400b-9c42-f11690d94af6
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches: I have installed Win 10 Pro and been using it for a while. I also have a ASUS STRIX GTX 960 OC with 2GB GDDR5 video memory, and 4GB ram. Lately I have been noticing a lag/stuttering after using the computer for a while. Mind that the problem doesn't come on as soon as the PC...