Windows 10: Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

Discus and support Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I mean I ran both the sfc (three times with reboots) and Dism and they both came up as corrupt/source file not found. "Negative" in the sense of bad. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by friendlybear, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

I mean I ran both the sfc (three times with reboots) and Dism and they both came up as corrupt/source file not found. "Negative" in the sense of bad.

friendlybear, Dec 2, 2015
  2. essenbe Win User

Oh, OK I'm sorry I misunderstood you. You would need to download the exact same version you have installed now. Download it from Techbench. Then mount the file. You can usually do that by double clicking it or by right clicking it and select mount. Once mounted, Windows will give it a drive letter. Make not of the letter. Then right click the start icon, select Command Prompt (Admin), accept the USC request and run this command, but use the drive letter Windows gave your mounted ISO file.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wimGraphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. :D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Replace the drive letter I have in Red ( D ) with the drive letter of your mounted ISO. Just let it run. It will give you a success or failure reply when it is finished. It can take it from a few minutes to a couple of hours to complete.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

essenbe, Dec 2, 2015
  3. No problem, my bad on the wording. I completely understand your instructions and have mounted ISO files before. I'm not sure if my version is normal, KN or N? What will this do exactly and can I multitask (watch a movie) while it runs?

Side note: I'm watching the original Star Wars trilogy at the moment and I've never seen it before. Your profile picture and sig made me want to. Up to Episode V and it's great so far. Just wanted to share that.

friendlybear, Dec 2, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

What it is supposed to do is repair/replace any damaged/corrupted/missing system files. However, be warned, it does not always work as it is supposed to. It is certainly worth a try, as it can fix a lot of things. When you start Windows it should say whether it is N or KN. I know Windows 7 does, as I am running Windows 7 Enterprise K with it on another drive on this machine.

Star Wars is a good series, but not so much WOW factor today. But, when it was first released everyone was pretty much amazed at it. Star Wars when firs released had special effects that had never been seen in a Movie before. It was quite a spectacle. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I remember when it first was released and was quite impressed.

essenbe, Dec 2, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    As best as I can tell you are using Windows 10 Home Premium X 64.

essenbe, Dec 2, 2015
  6. Unrelated but I bought an ethernet cable for my second PC to plug directly to the modem for better speeds. I plug it in and it doesn't work. It has a Public Network symbol and says "Unidentified Network". When I diagnose it says "Local Area Network" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. It uses the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection i217-v.

I have tried almost everything. Manually set the IPV4 from the IP config command, disabled IPV6, tested the cable on other PC, checked BIOS to make sure it is enabled, started in safe mode with networking, changed speed and duplex, installed official Intel drivers. It could be the modem but I'm unfamiliar with what settings to tweak. Modem is a Telstra Gateway Max TG799vac.

friendlybear, Dec 4, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    Friendlybear, I have asked someone else to help you with this problem, when they get time.

essenbe, Dec 4, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

Friendlybear, Just a thought - are you plugging it into the correct connector? See PDF page 3 here
    http://www.telstra.com.au/content/da...-a4-format.pdf
    Verify the LEDs on both modem and PC are lit green when cable is plugged in.
    If it still doesn't work, delete the ethernet NIC in Device Manager, shut computer down, shut modem down. Turn on modem, wait several minutes until all light are on, boot computer up, go into Device Manager, highlight computer name, right-click and select check for new hardware. Let it install the NIC. Open Firefox and see if it can connect to anything. Could be a failing NIC - it happens. You can call the internet provider and ask them if they can "see" the NIC - that could identify it as the problem.

I would like to deal with one computer at a time, but there is a possibility there are some problems in common. For right now, let's try the procedure above and see how that works.

essenbe, Dec 4, 2015
  9. Yeah it is plugged in the right place 100%. The modem LED is green but the PC LED is orange. I uninstalled the driver and restarted but still doesn't work. If I login to the modem with the other PC it doesn't appear under the ethernet connections. I called the ISP and the said they don't have the ability to see the NIC in the first place.

I just had the exact same problem with the WiFi and I just enabled the IPV6 and it worked again. It was "Unidentified Network" and had a public network symbol just like the ethernet is doing. I can post this as a separate thread, where would I post it under?

friendlybear, Dec 5, 2015
  10. Also I tried running the Dism with the drive mounted and using that command, making sure to replace ​D: with the relevant drive letter for me but I got an error message. I used WinCDEmu to mount the ISO and selected disc type: Data disc and when that didn't work I selected CD-ROM. What am I doing wrong?

Attachment 52177

friendlybear, Dec 5, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    You could start a new thread in Networking (Network and Sharing - Windows 10 Forums) I would think.

Where did you get the ISO from? It needs to be from Techbench (Tech Bench). If you are running windows 10, you can double left click it and it will automatically mount with a drive letter or right click it and select mount. Run this command replacing the drive letter with yours.
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

essenbe, Dec 5, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    Friendlybear, Please try this on both PCs.
    1. Wireshark & qBittorrent are torrenting programs-uninstall for now.
    2. Java is seriously messed up. Please uninstall it. You seem to have 2 versions. Make sure it is completely cleaned out and reinstall it.
    3. Adobe Air, Flash ans Shockwave are out of date, please either update them or uninstall them, and reinstall the current versions downloaded from Adobe only. Watch out for the add ons they include.

After finishing that reboot a couple of times and please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

If you get unrepaired corruption please run, in the same elevated command prompt,
    Code: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"[/quote] It will put a text file on your desktop from the scan results. Please zip them and upload them here when completed.

Also Please upload the BSOD Posting instructions Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums. Run it on both computers please.

essenbe, Dec 6, 2015
  13. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10.

The second PC has no problems with Adobe or Java unlike my main one. It works perfectly except for this ethernet problem. I'll post it in seven forums because it is running Windows 7.

That makes sense that those kinds of programs are messed up. I thought there was something that was messing up video players and other stuff. How did you find all this out just now?

I want to make sure I clean them both out and have them installed properly. What info would I need to upload for you to see that these problems are fixed?

"Also Please upload the BSOD Posting instructions Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums. Run it on both computers please."

Do you mean I need to upload the BSOD and a screenshot of what?

friendlybear, Dec 6, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    What I mean is to run the BSOD Posting instructions again like you did in the beginning of this thread. BSOD - Posting Instructions

I went back and looked at your last BSOD posting results again and also asked someone else to look. There is a lot of information about your computer in the reports. Much of it very easy to overlook, For instance, it is easy to overlook a certain version of a driver when looking through a list of every driver installed on your computer.

essenbe, Dec 6, 2015
  15. essenbe Win User
    Please install Ccleaner, go to the uninstall tab, and in the bottom right-hand corner there is a link to save to text file. We need that file to make sure you have your programs sorted.

essenbe, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Graphical glitch and BSOD on clean installed Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Graphical glitch BSOD

2. Windows 10 - Glitched BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Glitched BSOD: I've been getting a BSOD seemingly every month, when it happens it glitches out the screen and any audio playing. The screen glitches where I unfortunately can't see the error code of the bottom of the BSOD.It also seems to only happen when I have a video playing. When the...
  3. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  4. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  5. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Constant BSOD with clean Windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD with clean Windows 10 installation.: My computer is constantly blue screening with different error codes before and after a clean installation of windows 10. Here are a few of the error codes below:On Tue 4/27/2021 4:06:08 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file:...
  7. windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.

windows 10 clean install and graphics card issues.: I just did a clean install of windows 10 on my pc because I was planning to sell it. After the install, my monitor screen stayed black and said it had no signal. I plugged my monitor into the onboard graphics and still it would not come on. I removed my graphics card and my...
  8. Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Theanonman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dm17ai/bizarre_windows_10_wallpaper_glitch_persists/
  9. Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD

Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD: How can I Fix This issue .please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP file link:---- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFPL7OpaU6ugWT3llcXhZQDUvlv[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-and-clean-install-windows-10-1809-after/95aaf462-d57e-400b-9c42-f11690d94af6
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches: I have installed Win 10 Pro and been using it for a while. I also have a ASUS STRIX GTX 960 OC with 2GB GDDR5 video memory, and 4GB ram. Lately I have been noticing a lag/stuttering after using the computer for a while. Mind that the problem doesn't come on as soon as the PC...