Windows 10: Graphical glitch with screenshots; had it on old PC, and it migrated to my clean new one

Discus and support Graphical glitch with screenshots; had it on old PC, and it migrated to my clean new one in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So last year, I had an issue where almost every screenshot I took would come out glitched with the right side of the image clipping over to the left,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yuckyrat, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Yuckyrat Win User

Graphical glitch with screenshots; had it on old PC, and it migrated to my clean new one

So last year, I had an issue where almost every screenshot I took would come out glitched with the right side of the image clipping over to the left, along with a small jumble of pixels in the bottom left corner. It happened everywhere. I bought a new PC due to issues with the old one, and despite said PC being brand new and clean the only thing linked being my Microsoft profile, the glitch was on the new PC as well.

Imgur link to three examples of the glitch.

Link to my old thread, which was locked.

It now seems limited only to Discord messages, and is now random rather than constant, but I have no clue what it is or what causes it. I posted about it on Microsoft's help forum back when it started, followed all of the advice including a full PC wipe and everything, no dice. It seems I'm the only person to ever have this issue. It's not my graphics card because, again, it transferred onto a brand new PC, and it only shows up in screenshots, not the actual content I'm taking a screenshot of. It impacts the image as a whole, not just on my end.

Does anyone know what this is? I feel sick and helpless. I know for a fact it is not one of the following:

• a specific program/client issue Discord, Paint, Twitter, etc
    • a specific screenshot program Lightshot, ShareX, Snipping Tool, Screen Snip, etc
    • the graphics card/monitor, or anything related to the specific PC, as this happened on two different desktops

My only hypothesis is that it could be my Microsoft profile, but I don't know why that would corrupt images when screenshotted and copied/pasted, and I have no clue how to fix it since I seem to be the only person with this issue.

:)

Yuckyrat, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Yuckyrat Win User

Graphical glitch on screenshots

Hi, Andre

I did a full system reset (with the option to keep personal files and apps), but the glitch persists.

Edit: I made a new windows profile (since I noticed the glitch did not affect other profiles), migrated my files to it and now it has the glitch.

Yuckyrat, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Graphical glitch on screenshots

I suspect the problem is this system is not certified compatible with Windows 10. The only drivers available for this model are for Windows 7 and earlier.

Your best option might be to go back to the original version of Windows prior to upgrading to Windows 10.

As future Windows 10 feature updates are released it will introduce incompatibility with older devices and PC's. Certain components will not support these changes as observed by some users not seeing transparency anymore. Recommendations include, rollback,
    block the upgrade or consider upgrading components in your system such as graphics, storage, BIOS, motherboard or purchase a new Windows 10 PC.

If you need steps, let me know.

Andre for Directly, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Yuckyrat Win User

Graphical glitch with screenshots; had it on old PC, and it migrated to my clean new one

Graphical glitch on screenshots

Hi, Andre

I tried each step, and each one produced the same result: the glitch persists.

I was told by a friend that it may be a corrupt login profile, and that I need to remake my account on the computer. I sincerely hope this is not the case, as I have a lot of stuff on my profile at present and do not want to reset/lose it.

Yuckyrat, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Graphical glitch with screenshots; had it on old PC, and it migrated to my clean new one - Similar Threads - Graphical glitch screenshots

2. Weird PC Graphical Glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PC Graphical Glitch: My screen flickered black and applications I had open were sliding across the monitors. I also had USB disconnect/reconnect sounds playing while it was happening. it stopped after 10 or so seconds but I have no clue why this happened...
  3. Weird PC Graphical Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PC Graphical Glitch: My screen flickered black and applications I had open were sliding across the monitors. I also had USB disconnect/reconnect sounds playing while it was happening. it stopped after 10 or so seconds but I have no clue why this happened...
  4. Weird PC Graphical Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Glitch in screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitch in screenshots: So I posted about this before and the issue was never solved.I presently use ShareX for my screenshots, but this happens with every other program, including the built-in Snipping Tool. It's not a program-based issue.Currently, my PC version is Windows 10 Version 21H2 OS Build...
  6. Glitch in screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Glitch in screenshots: So I posted about this before and the issue was never solved.I presently use ShareX for my screenshots, but this happens with every other program, including the built-in Snipping Tool. It's not a program-based issue.Currently, my PC version is Windows 10 Version 21H2 OS Build...
  7. Glitch in screenshots

8. Migrating to new PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Migrating to new PC: Hello, I bought a new PC and wanted to know if the stored credentials and themes on the old PC can be transferred to the new PC. I've already transferred apps and and my documents over to the new PC. It seems the migration tool I used missed the credentials and themes....
  9. Graphical glitch on screenshots

Graphical glitch on screenshots: This just started happening recently. I use Lightshot primarily, but its happening with Snipping Tool as well. There's a visual glitch in the left corner of any screenshot I take, where it slightly repeats the right side of the screen. Occasionally, there will be a single,...
  10. migrating to new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrating to new pc: how to transfer files, apps, settings to a new machine? Peer-to-peer cable? cloud? System-Backup-file? My cellphone seems to have a better brain. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-to-new-pc/a804b0bf-390c-4326-928f-68b8a798dde7