Windows 10: Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11

Discus and support Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I recently upgraded by HP laptop to Windows 11 and am all of a sudden experiencing weird graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in a browser. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wilsonaw92, May 18, 2022.

1. Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11

Hello,I recently upgraded by HP laptop to Windows 11 and am all of a sudden experiencing weird graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in a browser. The content of the PDF looks all swiss-cheesed and is only partially legible. I have attached a screenshot for an example. When I download the PDF, I can view it just fine in Acrobat. This only happens in the browser, and it happens in all browsers I've tried. Has anyone else dealt with this after upgrading to 11?

:)

wilsonaw92, May 18, 2022

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, May 18, 2022
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser error for PDF documents

If you need to save the PDF files from a browser, we suggest downloading other browser from the Store.
    You can follow the steps below to download and open PDF files:

1. Download and install the UC browser and
      Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    2. Once installed, open UC browser and then visit the website from where you will download the PDF file.
      Tap the PDF file you wish to download > Click Regular Download.
    3. If PDF file was downloaded, go to App list >
      Xodo application > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Take note that you should uninstall any PDF reader applications installed on your phone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, May 18, 2022
  4. Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11

Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader - Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11

1. Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Graphical glitches viewing

2. Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes: Hi,i assembled a new PC and tried to install Windows 11. be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 9 600W CM PC-NetzteilASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Mainboard Sockel AM4Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 - internes Solid-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU 8C/16T, 3.80-4.60GHz, boxedKingston FURY...
  3. Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes: Hi,i assembled a new PC and tried to install Windows 11. be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 9 600W CM PC-NetzteilASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Mainboard Sockel AM4Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 - internes Solid-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU 8C/16T, 3.80-4.60GHz, boxedKingston FURY...
  4. Updated to Windows 11 - now, can't open graphic files and PDFs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to Windows 11 - now, can't open graphic files and PDFs: Updated to Windows 11 - now, can't open graphic files and PDFs. Also, when I tried signing into my account, I was denied because the sign-in prompt wasn't recognizing my personal email address and was telling me I needed to sign in with a business account. When I purchased...
  5. Updated to Windows 11 - now, can't open graphic files and PDFs

Updated to Windows 11 - now, can't open graphic files and PDFs: Updated to Windows 11 - now, can't open graphic files and PDFs. Also, when I tried signing into my account, I was denied because the sign-in prompt wasn't recognizing my personal email address and was telling me I needed to sign in with a business account. When I purchased...
  6. Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11

Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11: Hello,I recently upgraded by HP laptop to Windows 11 and am all of a sudden experiencing weird graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in a browser. The content of the PDF looks all swiss-cheesed and is only partially legible. I have attached a screenshot for an example. When I...
  7. Weird graphical glitches when I wake windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird graphical glitches when I wake windows.: I am having these odd graphical glitches when I wake my monitors. I have it set so that my monitors/keyboard/mouse shut off after 10 minutes of no use, but the computer itself stays on. Well lately I have been noticing that when I wake my monitors, there are random parts of...
  8. Weird graphical glitches in web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird graphical glitches in web browser: Every once and a while i get these strange graphical glitches in my web browser. It happens on my pretty much new laptop in both firefox and chrome, and it also used to happen sometimes on my desktop too. I attached pictures of what they look like, It tends to happen on just...
  9. Task View Glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View Glitch: Hi Everyone, I own a Dell XPS 9700. It comes with a plethora of gestures. I would like to confirm if this is a Windows 10 glitch or a device glitch. I am on Windows 10 version 1909. If all of my windows are minimized and I activate task view (either via gesture or hot...
  10. Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer: After a recent Windows update, I can no longer preview pdfs in Windows Explorer unless the default pdf reader is set to Edge. I prefer Adobe as my default pdf reader. I've checked the box in Abode to Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer, but preview still does...