Windows 10: Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU

Discus and support Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Universal Windows apps have these weird graphical glitches that result in text flickering and/or becoming blurred. Whenever I have an update to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a_reborn_aspie, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU

Universal Windows apps have these weird graphical glitches that result in text flickering and/or becoming blurred. Whenever I have an update to the Nvidia graphics drivers the problem seems to temporarily go away but return after turning it off and on. I'm using an Nvidia RTX 2060 Super and I've been living with this for the past few months. Posted on other subreddits about this and no one seems to have an answer for me. Does anyone know or care to share what is happening or if they have issues like this?

submitted by /u/a_reborn_aspie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a_reborn_aspie, Jan 16, 2021

2. Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

Dear Microsoft Team,

Is it possible to run Xbox Game Bar or other (Windows 10) Universal app on NVIDIA GPU rather than on integrated Intel GPU? On the graphics setting, I only found Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I couldn't find my NVIDIA GPU (See attached image bellow).

My main goal is to use the screen/game recording feature which is unable due to GPU/hardware requirement. It says "Sorry, this PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for recording clips. For more info, go to Xbox Game Bar settings." Is there any other
    way?

Kind regards,

Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU 6e7ba77b-d55a-472d-b00e-2ee68972d98d?upload=true.jpg

Ryan Adi Satria, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Screen goes black on NVIDIA GPU 1 in apps.

In my device, there are two graphics processing units one is Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 as GPU 0, and other is NVIDIA GeForce 940MX as GPU 1. In most of applications and games, when I switch GPU 1 and start to use the app, the screen goes black. But still
    apps continuous to run, as detected from there sound effects.

DhanrajChhapola, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Tikolu Win User

Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU

Only power saving GPU available in Windows 10 Graphics Settings

My laptop has two GPUs connected to it. Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Nvidia NVS 4200.

All my Windows Store apps use the Intel GPU but I would want them to use the Nvidia one, so I go to Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings,
    then I select a Universal App and click options.

Both Positions, Power Saving and High Performance are Intel HD Graphics 3000, leaving me with no choice but to use the Intel GPU.

Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU c6203750-1211-4c04-8a11-f1fe47217b8a?upload=true.png

How can I make the High Performance GPU to be my Nvidia one?

Classic (exe) Programs run on the Nvidia GPU, the only problem is with UWP Windows Store Apps.

Previously, I remember the same dialog showing both of my GPUs as an option.

I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Build 17134.165

Tikolu, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU

1. Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU - Similar Threads - Graphical glitches universal

2. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  3. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  4. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options: [ATTACH] my drivers are up to date, my bios has no options, ive tried deleting them, ive tried through the nvidia control panel, nothing worked. its preventing me from playing mc bedrock as hd 3000 isnt supported but GT 540m is. pls help. ive had this issue for months...
  6. Weird Graphical glitches in some apps on Windows 10 with nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird Graphical glitches in some apps on Windows 10 with nvidia Drivers: Hi, I have a MacBook 7,1 running Windows 10 with a slightly modified Boot Camp configuration so that I could install Windows 10. However, with my video drivers the system's GPU is a nvidia 320M. I have noticed some strange glitches in some apps. Such as Windows PowerToys and...
  7. Graphic Glitches. Anyone know what causes this? Usually reboot fixes it. Have Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphic Glitches. Anyone know what causes this? Usually reboot fixes it. Have Nvidia GPU: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ICanOnlyPickOne [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnpn6b/graphic_glitches_anyone_know_what_causes_this/
  8. Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible to run Xbox Game Bar or other Windows 10 Universal app on NVIDIA GPU rather than on integrated Intel GPU? On the graphics setting, I only found Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I couldn't find my NVIDIA GPU See attached image bellow. My main...
  9. Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU

Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU: Hello i recently did the error of updating my universal apps through windows Store(until then i had no issues). what's happening now is that after waking from sleep i can see the Yourphone app running both in Task manager and in the Nvidia GPU activity icon. Background apps...
  10. Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU: Hello i recently did the error of updating my universal apps through windows Store(until then i had no issues). what's happening now is that after waking from sleep i can see the Yourphone app running both in Task manager and in the Nvidia GPU activity icon. Background apps...