Windows 10: graphical style dual boot menu

Discus and support graphical style dual boot menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , I have a dual boot system ( windows 10 (1st default), windows 8.1 (2nd)) . The dual boot menu in windows 10 is graphical style but in windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by babis49, Aug 24, 2016.

1. babis49 Win User

graphical style dual boot menu

Hi ,
    I have a dual boot system ( windows 10 (1st default), windows 8.1 (2nd)) . The dual boot menu in windows 10 is graphical style but in windows 8.1 is classic , black-white line style . How can fix it , in order to have graphical mode both ?
    i don't like classic line style . I have the EasyBCD program if needed ! ! !

thanks for any help

:)

babis49, Aug 24, 2016
  2. AnnJuly Win User

Black screen on Graphical Boot Menu [Dual Boot]

Nick Dich, thank you for reply.

I solved this problem, but I still not quite sure what exactly was the cause. It seems user forgot to turn off some connected multimedia devices (external soundcards) while updating OS. I
    turned them off, did cold restart and boot screen was fixed.

AnnJuly, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Black screen on Graphical Boot Menu [Dual Boot]

Hi Ann,

To assist you further, we need to ask you the following questions below:

• When did the issue exactly started to happen? Was it after you have done any updates on your Windows?
    • Have you recently done any changes on your computer before this one happened?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far regarding this?

Kindly keep us updated as we are eager to help you resolve the issue that you have.

Nick Dich, Aug 24, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Boot up Windows 10. Open Admin Command and type: bcdboot %Windir%

topgundcp, Aug 25, 2016
  5. babis49 Win User
    Hi topgundcp

I followed your instruction , writing on command (Admin)>bcdboot %windir% , but the result was negative because the graphical menu lost on windows 10 too . So both have now the classic line menu.

babis49, Aug 25, 2016
  6. babis49 Win User
    Sorry , topgundcp

i was in a hurry referring that both win10 and win 8.1 have classic boot menu after shutdown win10 and starting again the graphical style came back .So the situation remains the same : win10 graphical but menu and win 8.1 classic line menu .
    No change at all.

thanks anyway

babis49, Aug 25, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Boot up 8.1 and try the same command.

topgundcp, Aug 25, 2016
  8. babis49 Win User

problem solved ! ! ! thanks a lot Topgundcp , very much appreciated .

babis49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. graphical style dual boot menu - Similar Threads - graphical style dual

2. Stuck at Boot Menu. USB Boot after setting partition style to gpt stuck at boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at Boot Menu. USB Boot after setting partition style to gpt stuck at boot menu: I have been trying a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo Ideapad. During the installation, I found that my partition disks had an error when trying to install. I had the wrong styling of my partition disks and I ran a command line prompt that cleaned and changed the...
  3. dual boot menu and gnu grub

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dual boot menu and gnu grub: in windows 10 i got only one os (that is win 10 ) and i still see dual boot menu and when i open my pc it starts from gnu grub please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-menu-and-gnu-grub/e73f0933-cd9e-4cd5-9936-e6d3c3851390"
  4. Hide Graphical Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hide Graphical Boot Menu: So I've just installed Macrium and put the recovery boot option on but now I see that every time I start my computer and even at 3 seconds, I don't want to be waiting for it to start because of that menu. Is there a way to turn that menu off, considering I can get to it...
  5. Dual boot no option menu

Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...
  6. Dual Boot No Boot Menu

Dual Boot No Boot Menu: Ladies and Gentlemen I am in a new arena and need some help. I have been in the INI and BCD Arena but not the EFI MBR. I decided to go with a new motherboard and AMD RYZEN CPU. I set up the new system and moved my hard drives with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 8.1 Pro...
  7. No dual boot menu at all?!

No dual boot menu at all?!: Hello, ] I recently (clean) installed Windows 10 on a new SSD. Windows 7 resides on my first drive. 1) I first set the USB to boot from; 2) Began to install Windows 10; 3) First snare: upon first reboot, after removing the USB, the system just started my old...
  8. Strange Dual-Boot Menu Problem

Strange Dual-Boot Menu Problem: I have a dual-boot problem. My desktop PC has two harddrives, Drive 0 and Drive 1. Drive 0 (my primary boot drive) has a single partition containing Windows 10 on Drive C:. Drive 1 has two partitions: a 100MB System Reserved partition containing the MBR, etc., and a large...
  9. No boot menu on dual boot WIn8.1↔10

No boot menu on dual boot WIn8.1↔10: HIYAS I have installed Win10 on secondary partition while keeping Windows 8.1 as primary. Everything went fine, after few reboots Win 10 was ready to use. After setting up things I rebooted, In boot manager I have two entries - Windows 10 as default - Windows 8.1 I choose...
  10. Can't get new style graphic boot menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get new style graphic boot menu.: I've been trying to get the new graphical boot menu, but the system insists on showing me the old style Windows 7 menu. What's more I couldn't get into the Advanced Startup stuff which allows System Reset and stuff like that until I did an in-place reinstall (using...