Windows 10: Graphics and Video

Discus and support Graphics and Video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi MS community; I have an older HP Laptop a Probook 6440b. It uses and Intel i5 Dual Core chipset and an Intel Graphics HD display. The Intel Graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveAsh1, May 23, 2020.

1. DaveAsh1 Win User

Graphics and Video

Hi MS community; I have an older HP Laptop a Probook 6440b. It uses and Intel i5 Dual Core chipset and an Intel Graphics HD display. The Intel Graphics display is 32 BIT. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64Bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit OS, but cannot play any media, as the Cursor, use, Highlights the Sound box for example, with a small rectangle and then the cursor or video will automatically backspace and lockinto the starting file.

I understand this is an older machine, but in perfect condition, and I am hopefully of using it for a Music Video display, and I am looking for suggestions. One consideration is the older Graphics Display. I have tried to check all drivers, and the HP site, as well as the Intel site, but the Display is likely not supported. HP does not list this model as being supported, since it is a 2012/13 Machine, I am looking for any helpful suggestions.... I have also tried a Refit Restore option twice with no results. Comments, are most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

DaveAsh1, May 23, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, May 23, 2020
  3. Video on CSN Chicago

Hi Dennis,

It is possible that the video resolution is high that's why your graphics card driver is having a hard time playing the video. We suggest updating the latest graphics card driver of your PC.

To update your graphics card driver, follow these steps:

• Click on Windows logo.
    • Type Device Manager then Click it from the list that appears.
    • Look for Display adapters category, right click on it and choose Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If it fails, go to the manufacturer's website and follow their detailed instructions.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Robert Caw, May 23, 2020
  4. Graphics and Video

Video or Graphics Card

Hi Harold,

In order for you to know the the type of video or graphics card you currently have, you may follow the steps provided below:

• Right-click on the (Start button) or Windows icon from the lower left portion of your screen.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Once the Device Manager opens, look for Display adapters and click the
      > icon. Under Display adapter you will see the Graphics card that you have.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Graphics and Video

1. Graphics and Video - Similar Threads - Graphics Video

2. I tried updating my video graphics card, but since then, my screen has been a blank. It...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried updating my video graphics card, but since then, my screen has been a blank. It...: I tried updating my video graphics card, but since then, my screen has been blank and then it shows me a video_tdr_failureigdkmd64.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-updating-my-video-graphics-card-but-since/25f2fd81-61c5-4329-94a5-f4da56c3265e
  3. I tried updating my video graphics card, but since then, my screen has been a blank. It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried updating my video graphics card, but since then, my screen has been a blank. It...: I tried updating my video graphics card, but since then, my screen has been blank and then it shows me a video_tdr_failureigdkmd64.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-updating-my-video-graphics-card-but-since/25f2fd81-61c5-4329-94a5-f4da56c3265e
  4. I tried updating my video graphics card, but since then, my screen has been a blank. It...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Intel Onboard Graphics vs Video Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Onboard Graphics vs Video Card: I only use my computers for running Tradestation with a single low res monitor, so overall my graphics requirement is quite low. I've never used a graphics card at all, just Intel onboard graphics. Recently I noticed that when I allow the monitor to go to power off mode (from...
  6. VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd64.sys - Reinstalling intel graphics driver help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd64.sys - Reinstalling intel graphics driver help: I'm trying to reinstall my intel graphics driver as I'm getting VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd64.sys randomly. I tried looking at the intel site for my IntelR UHD graphics driver 30.0.101.1069 but I can't find it on the official intel site.I did find it on this third-party website...
  7. VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd64.sys - Reinstalling intel graphics driver help

VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd64.sys - Reinstalling intel graphics driver help: I'm trying to reinstall my intel graphics driver as I'm getting VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd64.sys randomly. I tried looking at the intel site for my IntelR UHD graphics driver 30.0.101.1069 but I can't find it on the official intel site.I did find it on this third-party website...
  8. video card I use is intel hd graphics 3000 laptop dont open valorant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video card I use is intel hd graphics 3000 laptop dont open valorant: Hello Microsoft, I am using an old laptop from my father, my dx version is not enough for some games, what is the solution, by the way, the video card I use is intel hd graphics 3000 and for some reason I want to play valorant, can you answer me if there is a solution?...
  9. video card I use is intel hd graphics 3000 laptop dont open valorant

video card I use is intel hd graphics 3000 laptop dont open valorant: Hello Microsoft, I am using an old laptop from my father, my dx version is not enough for some games, what is the solution, by the way, the video card I use is intel hd graphics 3000 and for some reason I want to play valorant, can you answer me if there is a solution?...
  10. After I updated graphic driver all my files: photos, videos, documents have disappeared and...

After I updated graphic driver all my files: photos, videos, documents have disappeared and...: It seems after I updated my graphic drivers all of my documents, pictures and videos have seemed to disappear. They are not in the recycle bin, can not be seen with a file backup app, it doesn't seem like I am in a temporary profile, so I have no idea where all of my files...