Windows 10: Graphics and Video

Discus and support Graphics and Video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi MS community; I have an older HP Laptop a Probook 6440b. It uses and Intel i5 Dual Core chipset and an Intel Graphics HD display. The Intel Graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveAsh1, May 23, 2020.

1. DaveAsh1 Win User

Graphics and Video

Hi MS community; I have an older HP Laptop a Probook 6440b. It uses and Intel i5 Dual Core chipset and an Intel Graphics HD display. The Intel Graphics display is 32 BIT. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64Bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit OS, but cannot play any media, as the Cursor, use, Highlights the Sound box for example, with a small rectangle and then the cursor or video will automatically backspace and lockinto the starting file.

I understand this is an older machine, but in perfect condition, and I am hopefully of using it for a Music Video display, and I am looking for suggestions. One consideration is the older Graphics Display. I have tried to check all drivers, and the HP site, as well as the Intel site, but the Display is likely not supported. HP does not list this model as being supported, since it is a 2012/13 Machine, I am looking for any helpful suggestions.... I have also tried a Refit Restore option twice with no results. Comments, are most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

DaveAsh1, May 23, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, May 23, 2020
  3. Video on CSN Chicago

Hi Dennis,

It is possible that the video resolution is high that's why your graphics card driver is having a hard time playing the video. We suggest updating the latest graphics card driver of your PC.

To update your graphics card driver, follow these steps:

• Click on Windows logo.
    • Type Device Manager then Click it from the list that appears.
    • Look for Display adapters category, right click on it and choose Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If it fails, go to the manufacturer's website and follow their detailed instructions.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Robert Caw, May 23, 2020
  4. Graphics and Video

Video or Graphics Card

Hi Harold,

In order for you to know the the type of video or graphics card you currently have, you may follow the steps provided below:

• Right-click on the (Start button) or Windows icon from the lower left portion of your screen.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Once the Device Manager opens, look for Display adapters and click the
      > icon. Under Display adapter you will see the Graphics card that you have.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Graphics and Video

1. Graphics and Video - Similar Threads - Graphics Video

2. Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.: I updated my video driver because The new Adobe premiere said I had to to operate properly. I updated the driver, and then Adobe Premiere run fine. I went to open Premiere again I got the message again to update my driver. I checked the properties and the driver automatically...
  3. Increasing graphics video memory allocation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increasing graphics video memory allocation: How do I increase graphics video memory allocation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-graphics-video-memory-allocation/c78dbb7a-a29a-49ff-a759-8ad770dda0f6
  4. I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver

I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver: Hello I have recently changed my HDD in laptop because of bad sector, everything is normal and all until someday my laptop screen turn off repeatedly and got bluescreen. It is said video tdr failure. I try to reinstall the windows and turn out the problem happen whenever I...
  5. Intel® UHD Graphics 62 Video Hardware Decoding Cause Inaccurate Color /VIDEO PLAYBACK...

Intel® UHD Graphics 62 Video Hardware Decoding Cause Inaccurate Color /VIDEO PLAYBACK...: After the latest windows update JUNE 27 KB4501375(BUILD 18362.207) I get issues with video playback in full screen when using intel hd graphics with Microsoft default apps and those from store. I get purple grid lines which flicker continuously till my mouse and video...
  6. Intel® UHD Graphics 62 Video Hardware Decoding Cause Inaccurate Color /VIDEO PLAYBACK...

Intel® UHD Graphics 62 Video Hardware Decoding Cause Inaccurate Color /VIDEO PLAYBACK...: <p...
  7. Disable Hardware Graphics (GPU) Acceleration to avoid Green Screen while playing videos in...

Disable Hardware Graphics (GPU) Acceleration to avoid Green Screen while playing videos in...: Is there a way to disable Graphics/GPU Hardware Acceleration for built-in “Movies & TV” and “Photos” apps, or, speaking more broadly, a workaround that would apply to all UWP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Windows_Platform) apps for Windows 10 downloaded from...
  8. Disable Hardware Graphics (GPU) Acceleration to avoid Green Screen while playing videos in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Hardware Graphics (GPU) Acceleration to avoid Green Screen while playing videos in...: Is there a way to disable Graphics/GPU Hardware Acceleration for built-in “Movies & TV” and “Photos” apps, or, speaking more broadly, a workaround that would apply to all UWP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Windows_Platform) apps for Windows 10 downloaded from...
  9. Video games blocked from graphics hardware and can't update on my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video games blocked from graphics hardware and can't update on my windows 10 laptop: Whenever I try to play a game, it's always blocked from my graphics hardware. This only became a problem recently. I tried updating but I keep getting this error: 2019-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) - Error 0x80d02002....
  10. Video: Screen crashed after I installed display adapter drivers for AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

Video: Screen crashed after I installed display adapter drivers for AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics: I recorded a video to demo this. I have troubled this question for 2 months. Who can tell me what component cause this crash? To watch the video, please Click here....