Windows 10: Graphics card broken or error during installation?

Discus and support Graphics card broken or error during installation? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, Some time ago, I built a PC together with other parts. This one also works, but the graphics card is not registered by the system. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JeanW, Jul 10, 2020.

1. JeanW Win User

Graphics card broken or error during installation?

Hello,

Some time ago, I built a PC together with other parts. This one also works, but the graphics card is not registered by the system. In the bios is already switched to PCI-Express, but the existing VRAM is added to the onboard graphics memory. The graphics card is not available in any programs like CPU-Z or Speccy and unfortunately I can't make any further settings. The power supply doesn't have the right connectors either, so I had to use an adapter from the old HD drives to 8Pin (I am aware of a possible cable fire). A friend would provide me with a larger power supply if that is where the problem lies. I wonder if the hardware is compatible with each other. It is not possible to install the drivers via the NVIDIA driver page or Geforce experience, because only an error message appears - the hardware would not have been recognized or the drivers are not compatible with the current version of Windows (my Windows is up-to-date, but not activated). Please help me, if you google you won't find what you are looking for anyway Graphics card broken or error during installation? :(

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1050T

Motherboard: ASRock M3A785GXH/128M

Ram: 8.00GB Dual Channel DDR3

Actual graphics card: Zotac GTX 780 3GB VRAM

current display: Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1024x768@60Hz) 2939MB(has actually only 300mb) ATI Radeon HD 4200 (ASRock)

HDD: 465GB Seagate ST500LM012 HN-M500MBB

:)

JeanW, Jul 10, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Graphics card broken or error during installation? - Similar Threads - Graphics card broken

2. graphic card installer not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphic card installer not responding: hi i have a problem with my laptop and i need someone to help me with it. when i start to install my amd radeon 520 the windows not responding and sometimes stuck in 95% while installing so i have no choice but to force shut my laptop down and when i start him again the...
  3. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my graphics card broken?: Hi!I turned on my computer this morning and this happened… is the graphic card broken? Or is there some other problems? Do I have to go to the repair shop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-card-broken/eb0197c1-e381-4914-8f1d-5c38267bb374
  4. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my graphics card broken?: Hi!I turned on my computer this morning and this happened… is the graphic card broken? Or is there some other problems? Do I have to go to the repair shop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-card-broken/eb0197c1-e381-4914-8f1d-5c38267bb374
  5. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Graphics Card Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card Install: I recently purchased a VisionTek Radeon 5450 SFF 512MB DDR3 3M 3x DVI-D Graphics Card and installed it in my HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF. I see the card listed in device manager and I updated the drivers through windows updates to the most recent drivers available. I am running...
  7. Is the graphics card or another component broken?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is the graphics card or another component broken?: Hello, fellowship, something weird happened to my computer yesterday. Can you tell me what could have caused it? I almost assume that the graphics card failed. Here's what I did: I have started the game GTA5 (this usually takes about 2-3 minutes until I am in an online...
  8. Dual Graphics Card Install

Dual Graphics Card Install: I've never tried to run dual Graphics Card but with my latest issue with installing one 4k monitor with two 1080p monitors I think that I need to. I'm currently experiencing slight dimness occasionally. I was going.to keep the one o have in there which is ASUS GeForce GTX...
  9. BSOD/graphics card failure during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/graphics card failure during gaming: Hello, I recently bought a custom laptop and have been getting a BSOD randomly when gaming. Its weird because the computer runs fine doing everything else and it only happens randomly as in some times i can play for hours without issues and sometimes itll happen over and...
  10. Black Screen during graphics card install on Windows 8.1

Black Screen during graphics card install on Windows 8.1: Hello. Somehow when my screen flickers while trying to install the graphics card, on the last flicker the screen goes black after the brightness changes. Before the install I couldn't change the brightness without the graphics card installed. I went to the Device manager to...