Windows 10: Graphics Card Crashing? Losing all video signal while gaming.

Discus and support Graphics Card Crashing? Losing all video signal while gaming. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows Version 2004 (Build 19041.928) Hey 10forums, been agonizingly trying to figure this out myself over the past few months and I've gotten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by SparkyLite, May 4, 2021.

1. Graphics Card Crashing? Losing all video signal while gaming.

Windows Version 2004 (Build 19041.928) Hey 10forums, been agonizingly trying to figure this out myself over the past few months and I've gotten nowhere, just need help finding some sort of crash/dump file to actually tell me whats going on. While I'm gaming, randomly and quite inconsistently, my monitors go black, and fan(s) in my computer spin up and get pretty loud. I am still able to hear audio, and keep communicating through discord (Voice chat program), i just lose all video signal, and have to restart the computer in order to get anywhere. This happens quite inconsistently with a few games (Apex, League), so i'm able to somewhat play them still, however there are specific games (Rocket league, saints row) that crash every time i open them. Regardless of how high/low my video settings are, the games still crash. I'm led to believe that my graphics card could be failing, however im struggling trying to find any sort of crash log anywhere. I've gone through numerous different drivers over the past few months, kept windows up to date, and nothing changes. Any advice?

:)

SparkyLite, May 4, 2021

2. Graphics Card Crashing? Losing all video signal while gaming.

Windows Version 2004 (Build 19041.928)

Hey 10forums, been agonizingly trying to figure this out myself over the past few months and I've gotten nowhere, just need help finding some sort of crash/dump file to actually tell me whats going on.

While I'm gaming, randomly and quite inconsistently, my monitors go black, and fan(s) in my computer spin up and get pretty loud. I am still able to hear audio, and keep communicating through discord (Voice chat program), i just lose all video signal, and have to restart the computer in order to get anywhere.

This happens quite inconsistently with a few games (Apex, League), so i'm able to somewhat play them still, however there are specific games (Rocket league, saints row) that crash every time i open them. Regardless of how high/low my video settings are, the games still crash.

I'm led to believe that my graphics card could be failing, however im struggling trying to find any sort of crash log anywhere. I've gone through numerous different drivers over the past few months, kept windows up to date, and nothing changes. Any advice?

SparkyLite, May 4, 2021
  3. Losing signal from graphic card the moment I start game

Actuall problem: the moment I start Left4Dead2 game I'm losing signal - monitor say "no singal".

• Windows 10 Pro Version 1703
    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50
    • Graphic Card: NVIDIOA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    • Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Z170 LGA1151

A more detailed description from potential start:

(this part probably not related) Few month ago my graphic card (GTX 660 Ti) stopped working - I lost signal to monitor the moment I turned on computer. Some tests showed, that card works on other computers, and other cards work on my computer. Problem was not resolved, few days ago I get new but used graphic card.

(more related?) Had problem with game "shadow of mordor" - I were losing signal the moment I started the game. Computer was working well. Left4Dead2 was working well. I managed to fix it, found solution, had to open nvida control panale and change some options for this game, to use this graphic cards. I can't find this solution now so I can't recreate exactly this solution.

(most related?) I updated Windows. For a moment shadow of mordor didn't work like before. Couldn't find the Nvidia control panel. I reinstalled drivers, Shadow of morder is working now. I checked Left4dead2 - not working, like Shadow of mordor before (and it DID work before update!). Uninstalled and installed the newest driver pack form Nvidia, same problem, Left4Dead still give no signal the moment the game start.

With shadow of mordor and other games there IS still sort of problem - for o short moment I'm losing signal from card, monitor "clicks off", but the moment later, game start and I'm getting signal back. So something is still wrong (never before my monitor "clicked off" even for a moment without a reason) but in the end it works perfect.

Still can't find nor install "Nvidia control panel" anymore.

When alredy in game have no problems. Everything works perfect, great details, higs performance, no artifacts, high FPS, no shutdowns, etc. etc.

user3895596, May 4, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

Graphics Card Crashing? Losing all video signal while gaming.

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Graphics Card Crashing? Losing all video signal while gaming.

1. Graphics Card Crashing? Losing all video signal while gaming. - Similar Threads - Graphics Card Crashing

2. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card crashing?: Hello, So I've come here today to try and figure out what's going with my computer, I have installed several games onto my computer and some of them decide they want to crash and not appear. Whenever I run these games most of the times I am using steam, when I launch the game...
  3. No signal while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal while gaming: Hello Guys!For about 3 weeks I have had a problem whenever I run and play Simulators Like MSFS2020, Assetto Corsa and Euro Truck Simulator 2. I can only play for about 30 mins and then it the system randomly gets no signal and BTW here are my Specs R5 5600X, RTX3070, 32GB RAM...
  4. No signal while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal while gaming: Hello Guys!For about 3 weeks I have had a problem whenever I run and play Simulators Like MSFS2020, Assetto Corsa and Euro Truck Simulator 2. I can only play for about 30 mins and then it the system randomly gets no signal and BTW here are my Specs R5 5600X, RTX3070, 32GB RAM...
  5. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Crash: It made this dump -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhO5tAn9wYtkh5NPu5CC9B4OrTfAzno9/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-crash/9ccf873f-89a6-44f7-81e9-ee97a39408ce
  6. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics Card Crash: It made this dump -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhO5tAn9wYtkh5NPu5CC9B4OrTfAzno9/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-crash/9ccf873f-89a6-44f7-81e9-ee97a39408ce
  7. Bluetooth lose signal between games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth lose signal between games.: Hi community, I have a problem with my Bluetooth headphone and windows 10. I can connect my device normally and use it. I like to listen music and play simultaneously, but when I start a game, the sound is gone. This is a terrible feature, and I'm wondering why this happend?...
  8. Graphics card no signal at Windows startup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card no signal at Windows startup?: I have the following problem: When I start my pc everything is as usual, but as soon as the windows loading screen appears, my monitor goes off and it says "no signal". If I start the pc in safe mode then everything works fine and without problems, I would install the...
  9. Low usage on Graphics card while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low usage on Graphics card while gaming: Hi, for about a week after updating my Windows, I have noticed a huge problem while gaming. My GPU is only getting 2 to 3% utilization while gaming, down from 98%. The best example I have is when playing CS: GO, before the update I had 370+FPS, now I have about 30... It's not...
  10. Monitor loses signal while in idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor loses signal while in idle: Monitor keeps losing signal after idiling for awhile after I did the Windows 10 update a few days ago. I have checked for updates and keeps saying up to date. I have to turn it off and restart it twice each time to get it back up. How can I fix this?...