Windows 10: Graphics card drivers refusing to work

Discus and support Graphics card drivers refusing to work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have a gtx 1060 6gb oc and in the device manager it is being detected as a standard Microsoft card auto updates detect that it is a gtx 1060 6gb but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CoreySummers, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Graphics card drivers refusing to work

i have a gtx 1060 6gb oc and in the device manager it is being detected as a standard Microsoft card auto updates detect that it is a gtx 1060 6gb but say there is an error installing i try nivdia drivers and it says my version of windows is incompatible (windows 10). i contacted nivdia and they told me to come here and were baffled by what was causing it

:)

CoreySummers, Sep 19, 2018

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 19, 2018
  4. Graphics card drivers refusing to work

Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Graphics card drivers refusing to work

1. Graphics card drivers refusing to work - Similar Threads - Graphics card drivers

2. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card not working: My graphics card fans aren’t spinning. Nor does it show up in the task manager. I swapped out the gpu and that one worked fine. This problem started after I cleaned the gpu....
  3. Graphics Card Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Not Working: I recently, accidentally broke my SSD. I got my Win 10 working on the new SSD. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get the video card to work. Its a GeForce GTX 1060. When I remove the graphics card and run HDMI out from the motherboard, it works fine. But, when I install...
  4. graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics card drivers: after upgrading to windows 10 my computer says it has no drivers for my graphics card.It is not a clean install only an upgrade and the card worked before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-drivers/abf546cf-45d7-4508-90c8-e3c5f00d6543
  5. Graphics card drivers

Graphics card drivers: I want to install an update to my graphics card on my HP P6-2018uk so I can update my MS Office to 365 but I cannot find a way to do this. Intel are no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-drivers/ce42049f-ebdb-4072-bef4-d8a298b28a2d
  6. Graphics card not working

Graphics card not working: Computer Parts Motherboard: Prime x470 pro Power Supply: Powerspec 550W, 80+ Bronze Cpu: Ryzen 5 2400g /w Vega 11 Integrated Graphics Gpu: Amd rx 580 8gb 2 Ram Slots corsair veng. 8gb each I have done a full malware scan, Made sure my HDMI is plugged into my graphics card and...
  7. Switchable graphic card drivers doesn't work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Switchable graphic card drivers doesn't work: Hi, I have HP Pavilion dv6-6b80ec (I was only owner) GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5 Access Denied and recently I bought new SSD and installed it instead of CD-ROM, quick and easy swap, then I decided to install OS on the new SSD and then format the...
  8. Graphic Card Drivers

Graphic Card Drivers: Following various Windows 10 updates and with the last update 1809 I am having problems due to the fact that the Graphic Card drivers are not compatible with a video editing program. My Graphics Card is INTEL HD 530 and after the 1809 update it changed the driver to...
  9. Graphic card Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic card Driver: Windows10 ; 64Bit Installed a Nvidia Graphic card in my Desktop PC. Install went fine; had been using Onboard Graphic card; New Graphic Card is a PCI Card. On 1st Bootup I checked Device Mgr and it showed a Windows driver. I than clicked Update Driver....and a new Driver...
  10. Graphics card driver

Graphics card driver: I have recently gotten a new graphics card (Sapphire pulse RX570 8GB) for my computer. when I plugged the graphics card in and started my computer I downloaded the driver from the driver disc and restarted my computer. when I checked the device manager and checked the...