Windows 10: Graphics card for dual display - 1GB HDMI & DVI vs 2GB HDMI & VGA?

Discus and support Graphics card for dual display - 1GB HDMI & DVI vs 2GB HDMI & VGA? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello I have 2 Asus monitors with HDMI / DVI / VGA input. They are not 4K and are not used for any gaming or video editing. Only used for email, word,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by larrens, Jul 16, 2021.

1. larrens Win User

Graphics card for dual display - 1GB HDMI & DVI vs 2GB HDMI & VGA?

Hello I have 2 Asus monitors with HDMI / DVI / VGA input. They are not 4K and are not used for any gaming or video editing. Only used for email, word, spreadsheets, web surfing etc. I have 2 older display cards and would like to get some opinions on what to use. In my PC: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 display card 2gb DDR3 ram and HDMI and VGA interface. The VGA connected screen is not super clear.I also have an ASUS HD5450 display card 1gb DDR3 ram and HDMI and DVI digital interface. I expect the 1gb ASUS card with 2 digital ports be better overall for my dual displays (ie. better than using VGA), even though it only has 1gb ram. Or will I notice a difference on the other card which has 2gb? Given I dont have a high end graphics need, will it make a difference? thanks (Win ver 20H2)

:)

larrens, Jul 16, 2021

2. Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Jul 16, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

DisplayPort vs HDMI vs DVI vs VGA - AVADirect

DisplayPort is better. I wouldn't worry about lack of HDMI affecting resale value. Most newer computers/graphics card have some sort of DisplayPort output, and HDMI to DisplayPort cables are easy/cheap to find. DVI is outdated, almost obsolete now.

NavyLCDR, Jul 16, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

HDMI inferior to DVI?

The problem is that there are several HDMI standards:

HDMI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Scroll down to the Version Comparison table, near the middle of the page.)

To get 2560X1600 in DVI requires dual link. (Regardless of what it sounds like, It's a single cable.) I believe that there are no dual link DVI to HDMI 1.3 adapters; the best that you can get is single link, which is limited to 1920X1200 max.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like the 5670 doesn't support HDMI 1.3, 1.4, or 2.0.

Sounds like you need a monitor that has a dual-link DVI input.

Or a new graphics card. Or both; I'd recommend DisplayPort. (Supports UHD, 3840X2160, at 60 HZ. I'm using that with a cheapish Samsung 28" UHD monitor. I don't know how people handle higher resolutions than that. I know they exist.)

Sorry that I can't be more encouraging.

bobkn, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Graphics card for dual display - 1GB HDMI & DVI vs 2GB HDMI & VGA? - Similar Threads - Graphics card dual

2. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  3. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  4. DVI to HDMI adapter?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DVI to HDMI adapter?: My new desktop came today and my monitor has a 9 pin plug (I believe that it’s an hdmi port? the monitor is an HP, model LV2311) the desk top has hdmi or dvi ports only. Is it best to get a dvi to hdmi adapter and use a hdmi cable, or get a dvi cable and skip the adapter.?
  5. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  6. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  7. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. hdmi to dual dvi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi to dual dvi: my windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-dual-dvi/45536e2d-2f17-4ad8-bf9f-7451f367f4e4
  9. HDMI and DVI

HDMI and DVI: On PC monitors is the image better on a "HDMI" then a "DVI" connection? 44960
  10. HDMI inferior to DVI?

HDMI inferior to DVI?: I thought that a graphics card with both outputs would run the same resolutions from each. My HIS Radeon 5670 iceq has a max of 2560X1600 through DVI, the HIS spec's don't give a figure for the HDMI. The AMD site gives 2560X1600 for DVI and 1920X1200 for HDMI. I've been...