Windows 10: Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am not a gamer, only occasionally watch a TV program on my PC. Otherwise I just play with my photos.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HeidiHo2, Jan 16, 2020.

1. HeidiHo2 Win User

Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade

I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am not a gamer, only occasionally watch a TV program on my PC. Otherwise I just play with my photos. I have an old integrated NVIDIA GeForce GT 230 graphics card. I understand that this card is not compatible with Windows 10. I need a simple and cheap fix for this problem. Any advice is appreciated. I live in Canada. I am not a Geek, therefore any advice must be in simple terms. Thanks

:)

HeidiHo2, Jan 16, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Upgrade Not Recognizing new Graphics Card

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Did you removed the NVidia graphics card before installing Radeon graphics card?
    • Is Radeon HD graphics card externally installed or internally installed?
    I suggest you to uninstall the Display adaptors (NVidia) drivers and check if it helps. Kindly follow the steps to uninstall Display drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for NVidia Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display driver
      and select Uninstall.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Parth P Patel, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade

1. Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Graphics card upgrade

2. Z800 Graphics card upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z800 Graphics card upgrade: HP Z800 / Z820 / Z840 - Graphics cards. I believe all three models are the same in these respects. I have been very confused by the information on upgrading a Z800 to a more powerful graphics card, so having solved, at least the more obvious issues, I have listed my findings...
  3. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...
  4. Graphic card issue after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic card issue after upgrading to Windows 10: After upgrading to Windows 10 my GPUdriver was deleted. I think Windows 10 doesn’t support my GPU drivers. My video card is AMD Radeon 4650 ATIHD...
  5. Graphics card deleted upon upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card deleted upon upgrading to Windows 10: ok so when i upgrade to windows 10 i kept everything yeah but i checked my drivers and my gpu driver was deleted cause windows 10 doesnt support my gpu drivers pls help how can i keep my gpu drivers my gpu is a amd radeon 4650 ati HD ***Modified Title from:...
  6. Upgrade my graphic card

Upgrade my graphic card: Hi, I was wondering what was the best graphic card to upgrade my computer. I don't play that much, but I want to be able if I want to, for the last ones. It's fine if it's not the best quality, just enough to play. I also want to watch 4k videos. I need two HDMI output...
  7. Upgrade Graphic Card

Upgrade Graphic Card: I'd like to upgrade my video card but am not to informed on which card to use. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and my power supply is 460 watts, any suggestions on what I could use would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Pro latest updates installed.*Smile 87549
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10, Graphics card will not update

Upgraded to Windows 10, Graphics card will not update: Ever since I upgraded, my Nvidia card says it has an update, so I"ll download, install it, and then it tells me to restart, so I do, and when I log in, the update never happened, I still can't change my resolution and when I check device manager, it says Windows stopped the...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade & HD7870 Graphics Card?

Windows 10 Upgrade & HD7870 Graphics Card?: I'm visiting my father and I'm about to update his PC to Windows 10 before the offer expires. I need to ensure I leave him with a working PC after my stay! His PC has a c. 2012 MSI R7870 Twin Frozr graphics card (uses an AMD HD7870 GPU) and Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard....
  10. Upgrading Graphics Card?

Upgrading Graphics Card?: So I just wanted to know if I could upgrade my graphics card without changing/upgrading anything else as well. I have a GeForce GT 610 currently, and switching it out for the GeForce gtx 750 ti or the 950. PROCESSOR: AMD Fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core processor 3.8 GHz RAM: 16gb...