Windows 10: Graphics card freezing randomly while playing games

Discus and support Graphics card freezing randomly while playing games in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an Nvidia GTS 250, with the most current drivers (342.01 Windows 10 x64bit) It freezes up at random times while playing games (Mainly CSGO) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by johnny13126, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Graphics card freezing randomly while playing games

I have an Nvidia GTS 250, with the most current drivers (342.01 Windows 10 x64bit)
    It freezes up at random times while playing games (Mainly CSGO)
    I have tried Using DDU to uninstall my drivers and reinstalling them manually off the Nvidia Website.
    Ran CoreTemp with no spike in temp.. (Stays between 20-35 C)
    Running a clean install of the drivers and not touching the settings one bit.

:)

johnny13126, Jun 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 crash

1. Yes, Even when i'm not playing games like browsing the internet, but it mostly happens while playing games.

2. No, Just everything freezes and I have to hold the power button.

3. No, Because I have no idea what to do.

I have update my graphics card every single time a update comes out.

JoshuaRedwood, Jun 5, 2017
  3. Brian_55 Win User
    PC freezes Event 10016 DistributedCOM

I don't think it is a third party application. I was reading online and some people think it is the graphics card. Because I only freeze in games and the audio still plays when i do freeze. The guy that had the problem reset his graphics card and he was
    fine. I'm not saying it couldn't be a third party application. But it could be my graphics card. I just have to find out how to reset it.

My PC freeze and crash while playing game but sound still continues - [Solved] - Graphics Cards

That is the article I looked at.

Brian_55, Jun 5, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

Graphics card freezing randomly while playing games

Your temperatures need to be recorded when running something that works the Graphics Card hard.
    As those numbers are impossibly low, looks like idle/using Windows temperatures. That means next to nothing.
    Unfortunately using DDU seems to cause problems. I have never done that in 16 years of Nvidia Graphics Cards.
    Re-install Windows 10, and work your way back one by one with Nvidia driver versions. It is not necessary to use DDU.

Your MOBO must be very old as well 16 years at least, probably out of specs now even if still nominally working.
    Time to retire it.

I know some of this goes against what most 'gamers' may say, but mine have worked for 16 years.

Helmut, Jun 5, 2017
  5. I've refreshed the windows 10 on the pc with fresh drivers ( which is when the problem occurred)...
    The pc was built 5 years ago at the most not 16 the MOBO is an XFX nForce 750i SLI.. and those temps were while csgo was running in the background it seemed low to me aswell... I expected a higher number the max temp core temp was showing me was 42 C

johnny13126, Jun 5, 2017
  6. Archie123 Win User
    goto settings then gaming , turn off game bar and game mode and any other piece of pointless tat you find in there . It may not help but its caused so much trouble since the creators update went live , I nearly rma'd a brand new 1080ti i thought was faulty until i realised it was game mode.

If it doesnt work you'll need to download something like msi afterburner so you can see exactly whats happening to your gpu when it freezes (like a sudden drop in gpu usage or core speed , or just unusually high temps)

Archie123, Jun 5, 2017
  7. Game mode in what? My bios doesn't have a game mode setting they are all factory optimized defaults.. is there a game mode in nvidia control panel settings that I didn't notice?
    Everything is running on defaults, bios, graphics card settings, even have game settings on low

-- Nevermind i found the game mode you were talking about.. ive turned that off and ill give it a try and see what happens..

-- Turned off the game bar etc. and same issue occurs..

johnny13126, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Graphics card freezing randomly while playing games

1. Graphics card freezing randomly while playing games - Similar Threads - Graphics card freezing

2. Random Freezes on Start up and while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freezes on Start up and while playing games: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  3. Random Freezes on Start up and while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Freezes on Start up and while playing games: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  4. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  5. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  6. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Random freeze while playing wow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freeze while playing wow.: Game went Brrrrr while playing and had to restart.Have been playing wow for 7 days before this issue happened. Wierd thing is I've had the same issue happen to me on another game 4 months ago and I've been playing every day till then without issues but it happend today again...
  8. Pc freezes randomly only while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezes randomly only while playing games: submitted by /u/ShadyMS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr3bt2/pc_freezes_randomly_only_while_playing_games/
  9. Random BSOD while gaming on GT555m old graphics card.

Random BSOD while gaming on GT555m old graphics card.: Hello, I get BSOD always while gaming and idk why. Anyone help me check? Below is my attachment, Im new to this forum and if missing anything tell me ya. TQ 100053
  10. Random Freezes. Higher frequency while playing games

Random Freezes. Higher frequency while playing games: I made a similar thread earlier but then the PC stopped acting so bad. The only thing I did was use DDU to uninstall nVidia drivers and reinstall an older version. Now I have changed my GPU from nVidia to AMD because of the same problem but the problem still persists. The...