Windows 10: Graphics card isn't being detected by windows and I cant install Nvidia drivers

Discus and support Graphics card isn't being detected by windows and I cant install Nvidia drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A few weeks ago my graphics card, a Nvidia GTX 1050 ti, was no longer being detected by windows and was only listed in device manager whenever I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NavalLemur2099, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Graphics card isn't being detected by windows and I cant install Nvidia drivers

A few weeks ago my graphics card, a Nvidia GTX 1050 ti, was no longer being detected by windows and was only listed in device manager whenever I had "Show hidden devices" on. I had the idea of uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers because I thought it had something to do with my it. Normally this would of been fine but then my graphics card wasn't listed anywhere in device manager so I couldn't reinstall the drivers though there. Instead I went to the manufacturer's website and put in the correct information for the drivers I needed, but at some point while downloading them it would say "This NVIDA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows." and "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." I also tested a friends old Nvidia gtx 750 as well and had the same problems.

I have tried so many different possible solutions to fix both problems not a single one did anything. PLEASE if anyone knows how to fix this that would be AMAZING I have no idea what to do anymore. At this point ill have to buy a new PC just to play games if I can't get a graphics card to work on mine.

:)

NavalLemur2099, Sep 8, 2019
  2. BerthNerd Win User

Graphics Card not detected anymore

From one day to another, my graphics card (Radeon HD 6870) was not detected anymore.

The card is not listed in the device manager anymore.

So far I tried: take the card out and put back in, to see if any contacts didn´t work, installing the latest AMD driver manually and I tried reseting my BIOS, but I´m not sure if I did it correctly.

t still isn´t working.

BerthNerd, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card

Hi,

(Laptop) Specs:

Asus R558UF-XO044T

Intel i5-6200U, Intel HD Graphics + Nvidia GT930M, 8GB RAM.

Windows 10 Home Single Language (Version: 1703; Build: 15063.608)

So a few months ago I switched from Windows 10 to Ubuntu. I wasn't using Nvidia drivers while I was using Ubuntu. So I (fresh) installed Windows 10 tonight (not dual-boot; also ran updates after install) but for some reason my Nvidia card is not showing
    up in the Display Adapters section of Device Manager. And Nvidia Driver installer says "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". The last time I used Windows I never encountered this issue.

Relevant Screenshots:

Device Manager

System Information - Display (msinfo32)

Nvidia Installer Error

What I've tried:

• Attempt to install latest Nvidia drivers.
    • Attempt to install Nvidia drivers available from Asus' website
    • Attempt to install latest Nvidia drivers in safe mode.
    • Attempt to install latest Nvidia drivers after "bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedisable" (Source)
    • Attempt to install latest Nvidia drivers after installing (same/most recent available) BIOS.
    I've been getting the same error message, so the installation does not proceed any further. I can't think of anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arjunsinh Jadeja.

itsarjunsinh, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Graphics card isn't being detected by windows and I cant install Nvidia drivers

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Graphics card isn't being detected by windows and I cant install Nvidia drivers

1. Graphics card isn't being detected by windows and I cant install Nvidia drivers - Similar Threads - Graphics card isn't

2. Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card: Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-nvidia-graphic-drivers-on-intel/c0fdb01a-7af1-4cb7-8bfd-2f007f9ccd26
  3. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  4. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  5. NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager: I've recently purchased a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop. It has got two GPUs: an AMD Radeon integrated GPU, and a NVIDIA GTX 1650.AMD GPU works just fine, but recently when I started a game, i came to know that the NVIDIA GPU had got disabled. Things I've tried:1. Went to Device...
  6. NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager: I've recently purchased a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop. It has got two GPUs: an AMD Radeon integrated GPU, and a NVIDIA GTX 1650.AMD GPU works just fine, but recently when I started a game, i came to know that the NVIDIA GPU had got disabled. Things I've tried:1. Went to Device...
  7. NVIDIA graphics card not being used

NVIDIA graphics card not being used: I have tried just about everthing I can find only my games won't use NVIDIA high performance graphics card. The game in particular I am trying to get to work is GTAV. I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 and NVIDIA Geforce Gtx 1050. The Geforce is listed...
  8. Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!

Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!: Hello Everybody, I'm using Asus vivobook x556uj Laptop which has 2 GPUs one for intel and the other one is nvidia 920m. I latterly found my laptop crashes a lot even without using a heavy programs so i started to figure the problem and suddenly found the problem that Nvidia...
  9. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: I have an ASUS laptop with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card. The graphics card stopping working suddenly, and I attempted a multitude of things to try to make it work again. I downloaded new updates, but that didn't help as the nvidia driver was oddly incompatible....
  10. Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?: Please help! I recently performed a clean re-install of Windows 10 (64/Home) on my PC. I have an Nvidia 1060 6GB graphics card, which seems to be causing some issues. I have installed the drivers via GeForce experience, rebooted, removed the display adapter from device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my gtx960 isnt being detected

2. graphics card installed need to stop graphics drivers being installed for cpu