Windows 10: Graphics card not detected but fan is working

Discus and support Graphics card not detected but fan is working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i had a problem with my graphics card turning off because of dust clogging the fan and i took it out to clean it but when i put it back on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Begginr, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Begginr Win User

Graphics card not detected but fan is working

So i had a problem with my graphics card turning off because of dust clogging the fan and i took it out to clean it but when i put it back on the computer it suddenly cant detect it so i searched on google and youtube what to do, they all said to uninstall it on device manager and restart the pc but it still it doesn't work.

:)

Begginr, Feb 3, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 3, 2021
  3. BerthNerd Win User
    Graphics Card not detected anymore

From one day to another, my graphics card (Radeon HD 6870) was not detected anymore.

The card is not listed in the device manager anymore.

So far I tried: take the card out and put back in, to see if any contacts didn´t work, installing the latest AMD driver manually and I tried reseting my BIOS, but I´m not sure if I did it correctly.

t still isn´t working.

BerthNerd, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Graphics card not detected but fan is working

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Graphics card not detected but fan is working

1. Graphics card not detected but fan is working - Similar Threads - Graphics card detected

2. Graphics Card Fans Spinning, nothing on monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Fans Spinning, nothing on monitors: Hi, so my graphics has recently stopped showing up in task manager, device manager, and GeForce experience isn't detecting it anymore, for a long time I was getting no display during when BitLocker was awaiting my password and I have to type my password without the monitor...
  3. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  4. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  5. Graphics card not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card not detected.: I cleaned my gpu now im having this problem. The last error message it gave me is this.Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_699F&SUBSYS_0B041002&REV_C7\4&465b5c5&0&0008 had a problem starting.Driver Name: oem13.infClass Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}Service: amdwddmgLower...
  6. Graphics card not detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card not detected.: I cleaned my gpu now im having this problem. The last error message it gave me is this.Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_699F&SUBSYS_0B041002&REV_C7\4&465b5c5&0&0008 had a problem starting.Driver Name: oem13.infClass Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}Service: amdwddmgLower...
  7. Video card not detected but fan is spinning

in Windows 10 News
    Video card not detected but fan is spinning: [ATTACH]If the Video card is not detected but the fan is spinning, then here are the suggestions to help you fix the paradoxical situation. There can be multiple reasons behind this problem. From physical damage to software issues, anything can be responsible for the problem....
  8. Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!: Hello Everybody, I'm using Asus vivobook x556uj Laptop which has 2 GPUs one for intel and the other one is nvidia 920m. I latterly found my laptop crashes a lot even without using a heavy programs so i started to figure the problem and suddenly found the problem that Nvidia...
  9. Graphic Card not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic Card not detected: I uninstalled by mistake my AMD R7 370 from Device Manager and now I have only my integrated graphics. I tried : 1.DDU+ I've extracted the graphics card from slot and putting it back + connecting the cable . No results , my graphics card does't appear on device manager or in...
  10. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: I have an ASUS laptop with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card. The graphics card stopping working suddenly, and I attempted a multitude of things to try to make it work again. I downloaded new updates, but that didn't help as the nvidia driver was oddly incompatible....