Windows 10: Graphics card properties factory resets when I change display resolution

Discus and support Graphics card properties factory resets when I change display resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to set the resolution 1024x760 and set it to stretched. So I run ms-settings:display, I go to "Advanced display settings", or something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seba4316, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Seba4316 Win User

Graphics card properties factory resets when I change display resolution

I want to set the resolution 1024x760 and set it to stretched. So I run ms-settings:display, I go to "Advanced display settings", or something like that, I click "Graphics card 1 properties" or something like that

It opens this form

When I go in HD Intel Graphics settings and I set "Proportions" to "Keep screen proportions" or something like that

When I click apply it works, but when I set back to my main resolution and then I set the resolution again to 1024x768, that option resets to "Image centered", I don't want this to happen, WHY THAT KEEPS HAPPENING? I CAN'T GET THIS TO WORK...

Please help me, that's driving me insane.

Thanks to everyone in advance, have a nice day...

:)

Seba4316, Aug 13, 2018

2. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Query max resolution of graphics card?

Normally, if you have integrated graphics you will find either in the Control panel or in the taskbar an icon/link to the display adapters properties, you will see a tab for resolution and the drop down will list all supported resolutions for you chosen connection (Dsub, HDMI, DVI etc).

Tatty_One, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Basith M Win User

FSX wont open with Windows 10 update, requires min display resolution

Hi Steve,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 family.

This issue might have caused due to Graphics card driver related issues. I would like to know the make and model of the computer so that we could assist you further.

I suggest you to try installing the latest Graphics card drivers from the computer manufacturer's website or from Windows Update and check if it helps. This is to check if this is caused due to driver related issue.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows + X
      keys and click on Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

• Right-click on the Graphics card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Once after installing the latest Graphics card drivers try changing the screen resolution to the highest and check.

Follow the steps to adjust the screen resolution:

• Right click on the desktop and click on Screen Resolution.

• Adjust the resolution to the highest.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Graphics card properties factory resets when I change display resolution - Similar Threads - Graphics card properties

2. Custom display resolution with NVIDIA T400 graphics card on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom display resolution with NVIDIA T400 graphics card on Windows 11: I have a new Lenovo P3 ThinkStation desktop workstation running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA T400 graphics card. In Windows 11, when I go to Settings > System > Display, Windows gives me the following twelve options for display resolution in the square [] I have listed the...
  3. Custom display resolution with NVIDIA T400 graphics card on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom display resolution with NVIDIA T400 graphics card on Windows 11: I have a new Lenovo P3 ThinkStation desktop workstation running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA T400 graphics card. In Windows 11, when I go to Settings > System > Display, Windows gives me the following twelve options for display resolution in the square [] I have listed the...
  4. how to change the graphics card attached to the display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the graphics card attached to the display.: Hello ,i just got this laptop and i have noticed that the graphics card attached to the display is the AMD graphics card instead of my Nvidia gtx 1650, i changed the settings in the Nvidia control panel and tried disabling the amd graphics card , but i stumbled over another...
  5. how to change the graphics card attached to the display.

how to change the graphics card attached to the display.: Hello ,i just got this laptop and i have noticed that the graphics card attached to the display is the AMD graphics card instead of my Nvidia gtx 1650, i changed the settings in the Nvidia control panel and tried disabling the amd graphics card , but i stumbled over another...
  6. how to change graphics card attached to display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change graphics card attached to display?: So I had the recommended resolution which I think I am not sure it was I guess 1280 x 1024, I had that when I had 1 display adapter which was AMD Radeon HD 8470D, I bought a new display adapter and attached it which is AMD Radeon R7 200 Series, So now I got 2 display adapter...
  7. how to change graphics card attached to display?

how to change graphics card attached to display?: So I had the recommended resolution which I think I am not sure it was I guess 1280 x 1024, I had that when I had 1 display adapter which was AMD Radeon HD 8470D, I bought a new display adapter and attached it which is AMD Radeon R7 200 Series, So now I got 2 display adapter...
  8. how to change graphics card attached to display?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How to change the graphics card used by display

How to change the graphics card used by display: Hi, I am using a BENQ monitor as display from my laptop. However, it is connected to my NVIDIA GPU. How do I connect it to intel graphics like my first display laptop display. Thanks in advance!...
  10. how to change graphics card attached to display

how to change graphics card attached to display: I need help attaching a different graphics card to my dislay it says display connected to hd graphics 530 when I have a GeForce gtx 960 m too and I want to use that one instead of the hd one I found it said hd graphics 530 when I went to display settings scrolled dow and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no display 640x280 resolition