Windows 10: Graphics card showing i have less memory than advertised?

Discus and support Graphics card showing i have less memory than advertised? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Been having tons of problems lately with my graphics card. Narrowed it down to either a PSU or a Physical issue with my GPU. While inspecting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by SparkyLite, Sep 15, 2020 at 2:17 AM.

1. Graphics card showing i have less memory than advertised?

Been having tons of problems lately with my graphics card. Narrowed it down to either a PSU or a Physical issue with my GPU.

While inspecting my current specs to compare with newer products, i came across this saying i only have 2047 of physical ram? Is the issue with my GPU the ram failing?

I'm assuming this is showing the correct values for what it is, and i'm just misunderstanding it, however i just want to be sure before i pull the trigger on a new PSU or GPU.

Graphics card showing i have less memory than advertised? [​IMG]
    ]

:)

2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2020 at 2:43 AM
  4. Graphics card showing i have less memory than advertised?

graphic card

Hi,

There is a possibility that the application you're trying to download is not compatible with the hardware that you have. We suggest that you check the system requirements of the chat application, then see if your device is capable of running the it.

To check the Graphics card information on your device, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the Run box, type msinfo32 then hit Enter key.
    • On the System Information window, click on Components → Display.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Thema:

Graphics card showing i have less memory than advertised?

1. Graphics card showing i have less memory than advertised? - Similar Threads - Graphics card showing

2. Graphic card not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic card not showing up: Purchased a brand new hp laptop but the dedicated graphic card is not showing up and causing heavy frame drop while playing games on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-card-not-showing-up/63ee6e19-476a-4e61-993e-42d84ca8239f
  3. Showing low Graphics memory.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Showing low Graphics memory.: I have graphics memory as 4GB. I have 8Gb RAM. But in Microsoft store it is showing as I have only 1GB Graphics Memory. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-low-graphics-memory/239eb95f-4c82-4d47-8095-899260c66753
  4. I Have Less Than 5 Processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Have Less Than 5 Processes: I have less than 5 processes, but my PC still freezes! : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-less-than-5-processes/9e34dd5a-dfca-4238-9a83-6e90fdf71215
  5. Showing less RAM than is installed.

Showing less RAM than is installed.: I have installed 16g of RAM in my computer. It is only showing 12g on Task Manager. My mother board will accept 32g. I am running Windows 10. What can I do to recover my 4g?...
  6. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...
  7. Adding Memory to a Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding Memory to a Graphics Card: Good morning everyone, I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card? 115483
  8. Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card: I have searched for a while and I always see the same answers... Either "it doesnt matter, it will use it when it needs it" or "its in the bios". The 2nd one is only right for INTEGRATED graphics cards, but Im talking about a GTX 960. I had 8 GB of RAM and a demanding game...
  9. Difference between graphics card and memory?

Difference between graphics card and memory?: When you watch a 4k movie on your computer, does it use your graphics card or memory? When you use a lot of multiple virtual desktops (for example, I have 20 virtual desktop using the 3rd party program Dexpot), does it require a lot of the graphics card or memory? I have no...
  10. Graphics card ram memory size problem.

Graphics card ram memory size problem.: Hey. I got this PC yesterday and I was looking what this PC can handle. I typed "dxdiag" to my search and i found that this graphics card is around 1 GB memory, I was so happy! [img] But I wanted to be sure this is real, and I searched how to check the amount of memory...