Windows 10: Graphics card shows in device manager but in settings it shows basic adapter

Discus and support Graphics card shows in device manager but in settings it shows basic adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a ati mobility Radeon 5000 laptop gpu which shows in device manager but in setting and advanced display it shows basic display adapter any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BONGONDOR, Apr 6, 2020.

1. BONGONDOR Win User

Graphics card shows in device manager but in settings it shows basic adapter

I have a ati mobility Radeon 5000 laptop gpu which shows in device manager but in setting and advanced display it shows basic display adapter any ideas?

windows 10

:)

BONGONDOR, Apr 6, 2020

2. Cant find graphics card on device manager!

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message while playing or to launch a game?

I suggest you to unhide the hidden drivers in Device Manager by following the steps provided below and check if the Graphic card driver is visible:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Click on View and click on Show Hidden Devices.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2020
  3. KSh-903 Win User
    The graphics driver shows as “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” after upgrading to Windows 10

This is what worked for me. After upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 devise manager shows Microsoft display basic adapter, I selected driver update then my pc and browse to C: drive then it auto searched my C: drive and found my old graphic card and
    installed the correct display driver which was NVidia and listed correct model. Now the monitor is identified by the correct name and model, and I was able to adjust display to the recommended settings it was 1600x900 which it was not an available option
    under Microsoft display basic adapter,

KSh-903, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Graphics card shows in device manager but in settings it shows basic adapter

device manager not showing correct cpu

this one has me confused, .When i look in device manage under processors it is still showing my old q8200 cpu and ive upgraded to the q9650. why would it not show this in device manager? , The bios shows it, cpuiz shows the q9650, the vista basic information shows it but not under device manager/ should I be concerned about this ? any ideas would be great thanx Dragon

DTV DRAGON, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Graphics card shows in device manager but in settings it shows basic adapter

1. Graphics card shows in device manager but in settings it shows basic adapter - Similar Threads - Graphics card shows

2. graphic card didnt show in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphic card didnt show in device manager: hi3 month ago i bought a tuf dash f15 with core i7 11370h and rtx 3060 but yesterday when i boot it up it shows the nvidia graphic in device manager for a short time but after that it got disapear and in gefource experience it says you didnt have any nvidia graphic card what...
  3. graphic card didnt show in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphic card didnt show in device manager: hi3 month ago i bought a tuf dash f15 with core i7 11370h and rtx 3060 but yesterday when i boot it up it shows the nvidia graphic in device manager for a short time but after that it got disapear and in gefource experience it says you didnt have any nvidia graphic card what...
  4. Graphics card wont show up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card wont show up in device manager: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 days, basically yesterday I started up my pc and the screen was black so I switched to mother board hdmi and i was able to use my computer from there, but for some reason in device manager my graphics cardnvidia 1050 ti...
  5. Graphics card wont show up in device manager

Graphics card wont show up in device manager: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 days, basically yesterday I started up my pc and the screen was black so I switched to mother board hdmi and i was able to use my computer from there, but for some reason in device manager my graphics cardnvidia 1050 ti...
  6. Graphics card wont show up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.: I recently purchased an ASUS Laptop with an RTX 3050 TI and for the first day it worked fine, but the drivers on GeForce experience were really outdated so I tried updating them to the latest version, but after that, it disappeared from the device manager and just stopped...
  8. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.: I recently purchased an ASUS Laptop with an RTX 3050 TI and for the first day it worked fine, but the drivers on GeForce experience were really outdated so I tried updating them to the latest version, but after that, it disappeared from the device manager and just stopped...
  9. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" showing up in "Device Manager"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" showing up in "Device Manager": So, I've got a Computer with GT630. I've installed windows 10 and I tried installing the drivers for my Nvidia GT630, and it gave me an error that says I don't have an NVIDIA GPU. I've used DXDIAG to look at my specifications and it showed me "Microsoft...". I've gone into...