Windows 10: Graphics card uninstall now black screen with no mouse . Help!

Discus and support Graphics card uninstall now black screen with no mouse . Help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HP laptop has had issues lately- mainly slow and typical issues but last night it suddenly was black while using it but screen on (lit) and finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KE1088, Feb 27, 2019.

1. KE1088 Win User

Graphics card uninstall now black screen with no mouse . Help!

HP laptop has had issues lately- mainly slow and typical issues but last night it suddenly was black while using it but screen on (lit) and finally said it installing updates. I had left the room but when I left it was on normal functions and when I returned it was in the black lit/update . It eventually restarted and wasn’t fast but worked....

Today I plug into my docking station with 2 monitors and suddenly they are both a mirror of the screen ( instead of one mirror and one extension). I read about how to fix and update driver. It doesn’t fix the issue.... then I uninstall the driver after reading windows will reinstall upon startup.

Since then screen is black, monitors will not pickup, tv hdmi will not pick up.

The computer is obviously on based on lights.

Safe mode keys don’t work.

I did a hard reset multiple times.

I’ve done no physical extraction of hardware and prefer not to.

Anything I can do to fix this?

I read about boot from usb? What would I need to download to do that /will that work?

Any help welcome!

Thanks

:)

KE1088, Feb 27, 2019

2. Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.

Not sure where to put this, as I haven't gotten help in other forum parts, so I am putting it wherever I think it might work. Please help me, kudos to you if you at least try.
    Computer model: Lenovo Y700
    Microsoft 10
    6th gen i7 processor
    It has 2 graphics cards:

• NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB
    • NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5

​16 gigs RAM

Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th. I was running World of Warships, then I closed the laptop, and when trying to re-enter, I get a black screen. Yes, I have tried shutting down. I can hear the hard drive, and can see the power button backlights, as well as keyboard backlighting. I cannot see the mouse. From reading other posts, I think it may have auto-selected the wrong graphics card. I have never used a TV or other screen with this. Please help me with this, I am a new windows user, having recently immigrated from IOS. A detailed explanation would be appreciated, because I have no idea how to do that much. Perhaps a graphics card issue?
    Apps I had installed:
    • Steam
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Opera
    • Chrome
    • Firefox
    • War Thunder
    • Heroes and Generals

I hadn't messed with any settings.

secretagentman, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Black screen on Edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • Is the complete screen black?

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please get back to us with the screen shot of the black screen.

I would suggest you to check this link and see if it helps.

How to include a screenshot in your post

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 27, 2019
  4. Graphics card uninstall now black screen with no mouse . Help!

Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

Computer model: Lenovo Y700
    Microsoft 10
    6th gen i7 processor
    It has 2 graphics cards:

• NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB
    • NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5
    ​16 gigs RAM

Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th. I was running World of Warships, then I closed the laptop, and when trying to re-enter, I get a black screen. Yes, I have tried shutting down. I can hear the hard drive, and can see the power button backlights, as well as keyboard backlighting. I cannot see the mouse. From reading other posts, I think it may have auto-selected the wrong graphics card. I have never used a TV or other screen with this. Please help me with this, I am a new windows user, having recently immigrated from IOS. A detailed explanation would be appreciated, because I have no idea how to do that much.

secretagentman, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Graphics card uninstall now black screen with no mouse . Help!

1. Graphics card uninstall now black screen with no mouse . Help! - Similar Threads - Graphics card uninstall

2. Accidently Uninstalled Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently Uninstalled Graphics Card: Well I was going through my pc trying to uninstall applications to help my pc run better and i accidently uninstalled my graphics driver. Many of these websites say to check under device management and look under display adapters but display adapters isnt there, even with...
  3. Accidently Uninstalled Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently Uninstalled Graphics Card: Well I was going through my pc trying to uninstall applications to help my pc run better and i accidently uninstalled my graphics driver. Many of these websites say to check under device management and look under display adapters but display adapters isnt there, even with...
  4. Accidently Uninstalled Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Graphics Card Help

Graphics Card Help: I recently fixed my laptop, and once I booted everything up, I decided to update everything. However I got a flickering issue so I disabled my graphics card and the problem was fixed. However, now everything on my laptop runs slower, yet if I update the graphics card, my...
  6. Disabled intel graphics and now screen is black.

Disabled intel graphics and now screen is black.: So my minecraft shaders refused to load, so i got to the place where you disable and enable drivers and i thought, well if i disable intel graphics it will be forced to go to the geforce graphics card. So i disabled the intel graphics and then my monitor went black and now...
  7. Graphic Card- Black Screen.

Graphic Card- Black Screen.: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  8. Graphics card now or later?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card now or later?: So got paid not too long ago and was wondering If I should get a GTX 1070 now or wait till the end of next month to buy a 1080? Still don't have a case and haven't had one since my last one smoked up with the wires melting (had that returned with my money back in my hand),...
  9. I uninstalled the graphics card and now it is gone. How to undo it?

I uninstalled the graphics card and now it is gone. How to undo it?: Yes, everything is good. The second monitor shines like a diamond. This was a major problem, it worked on VGA but not HDMI. But it's a completely different, long story. I used: settings > update & security > recovery > reset this PC > keep my files Good! We're all glad to...
  10. Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.

Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.: Not sure where to put this, as I haven't gotten help in other forum parts, so I am putting it wherever I think it might work. Please help me, kudos to you if you at least try. Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards:...