Windows 10: Graphics corrupted in UWP apps, but not traditional apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Graphics corrupted in UWP apps, but not traditional apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where text and graphics are corrupted in Windows 10 apps such as Settings, Microsoft Store, etc. (ie, UWP apps), but not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sosv, May 9, 2021.

1. sosv Win User

Graphics corrupted in UWP apps, but not traditional apps in Windows 10

I'm having an issue where text and graphics are corrupted in Windows 10 apps such as Settings, Microsoft Store, etc. (ie, UWP apps), but not in traditional Windows programs. This is on an Intel Q33 Express graphics chipset (WDDM 1.0 driver - v. 8.15.10.2697). This is on a HP Compaq Pro dc5800 SFF with a Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33 GHz. Windows 10 1909 (build 18363.1533). Here are examples of the corruption (this happens on the monitor and in remote connections like RDP or TeamViewer): Any idea of how to resolve this?

:)

sosv, May 9, 2021

2. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, May 9, 2021
  3. Niarod Win User
    TechPowerUp Mobile App Fixed

Is there any plans to make a Windows 10 UWP app or what?

Niarod, May 9, 2021
  4. Graphics corrupted in UWP apps, but not traditional apps in Windows 10

UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt

Pic: Screenshot - e3291153f0df01ad3d2174770a3e7379 - Gyazo

As you can see, the Win32 app icons are completely fine, but all of the UWP app icons are corrupted. They almost appear as if they're running in some sort of safe mode.

Any suggestions?

sadisticpotato, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Graphics corrupted in UWP apps, but not traditional apps in Windows 10

1. Graphics corrupted in UWP apps, but not traditional apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Graphics corrupted UWP

2. UWP apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP apps not working: Hello, I am using a Surface Pro (2017) on the slow ring of Windows Insider. Over the couple last weeks, performance was so slow it began making the machine useless. I did a backup of all my files and decided to do a fresh install of Windows. To my surprise however, I was...
  3. Windows UWP apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  4. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  5. Update UWP app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update UWP app: At bootup I keep getting this DOS window that says "Update UWP file?" It slows down my bootup noticeably! I researched this heading and found that the MIcrosoft Store Apps Settings should be Automatically ON. I followed the instructions and discovered thatthis feature is ON...
  6. UWP apps failing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP apps failing.: So recently, out of the blue, all of the apps that would come from the Microsoft Store stopped being able to boot. (This started happening around two weeks ago) Everything from the Calculator, to the Calendar, to Mail, to Groove Music, to Photos, Xbox Companion, and even the...
  7. UWP Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  8. UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt: Pic: Screenshot - e3291153f0df01ad3d2174770a3e7379 - Gyazo As you can see, the Win32 app icons are completely fine, but all of the UWP app icons are corrupted. They almost appear as if they're running in some sort of safe mode. Any suggestions? 47775
  9. UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10: At Build this year, we gave a sneak preview of a set of new APIs designed to provide diagnostic information about running apps. You can see the videos hereand here – but note that these were based on a pre-release implementation. So, while the Build videos are still correct...
  10. The Lifecycle of a UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App: Lifecycle management in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is critical for the efficient use of battery power and memory. When done correctly, it allows the user to multitask between apps without needing to know anything about these resource optimizations. Today’s post...