Windows 10: Graphics Driver crash

Discus and support Graphics Driver crash in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just updated to Windows 10. My graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GT610 . i updated to the latest version of the driver also(356.63). But randomly my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Nitefury, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Nitefury Win User

Graphics Driver crash

I just updated to Windows 10. My graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GT610 . i updated to the latest version of the driver also(356.63). But randomly my screen goes blank and after a second or two it becomes normal a notification comes saying Graphics driver not responding and has recovered successfully. Also when i had windows 8.1 i had 4028 MB of graphics but when i updated, it became 3788 MB. Please help me.*Think
    Graphics Driver crash [​IMG]

:)

Nitefury, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Graphics Driver crashes

For IE, the workaround might be to turn off hardware acceleration in IE's Internet Option page. Go to the Tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced tab and check the first option: Accelerated graphics, Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering. This IE
    setting might carry over into Microsoft Edge too.

Is there any problem with both Windows Updates and Nvidia Auto Updates over loading your machine with drivers for the same piece of hardware?

Windows 10: How to fix Nvidia driver issues after upgrade

Windows 10: How to fix Nvidia driver issues and display problems during gaming

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Manual Driver Search

Drivers | GeForce

When you manually install drivers use the following method whenever possible.

Try right-clicking on the actual Driver Setup.exe and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option? Do so even if your user is an Admin.

Linney, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Graphics Driver crashes

Hi Bastewart,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the sceen?

I would suggest you to check the compatibility of graphics card with windows 10.

Follow the link:

Windows | Official Site for Microsoft Windows 10 Home & Pro OS, laptops, PCs, tablets & more

As you have mentioned device manager is not able to recognize graphics card so I would suggest you to run hard ware and device troubleshooter and check.

Follow the below steps.

A) Go to the Control Panel then ‘Troubleshooting’ and select ‘troubleshooting’.

b) Click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ and select ‘Hardware and Devices’ and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

If it doesn't work so I would suggest you to Boot in safe mode and try to uninstall graphics drivers. restart the computer. check if you can boot normally.

If yes, Try to install latest Graphics Driver in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps.

a. Right click on setup file.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Click on Compatibility tab.

d. Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for.

e. Select the operating system to which the driver is available.

f. Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level.

Follow the link to boot in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Check if it helps. I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 8, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

Graphics Driver crash

Did you do a clean install and choose express settings?

UKMedia, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Nitefury Win User
    No i upgraded from windows 8.1 with all my apps and files but i chose express settings

Nitefury, Aug 8, 2015
  6. gpwill Win User
    I am having the same issue on my Dell 6520 laptop. Upgraded to 10 from basically clean install of Win 7 with all updates.
    Driver is up to date with Dell and NVIDIA site. My graphics card on the laptop is a NVIDIA NVS 4200m.
    Was crashing and coming back to display. Now on the third or 4th crash it doesnt recover and goes to black screen, No option but to hard power off. Next stop is to look for bios update from Dell. .

gpwill, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    I would remove your current driver using a program called DDU which can be found here:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.4.0.0

After the reboot, install your Driver and it will be a clean driver. I used to get that error in Win 7 many times but not in 10. I hope this helps you.

Gary, Aug 8, 2015
  8. gpwill Win User

Graphics Driver crash

I will give the DDU a try if the bios update doesnt help. The bios on this machine is way out of date. Thanks.

gpwill, Aug 8, 2015
  9. gpwill Win User
    The bios update helped at least for now. I was getting almost instant crashes when getting to the desktop. Been 5 min with no crash,
    Crossing fingers. Still a version behind. But going to let this one run for a bit.

gpwill, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    Good, glad it worked out. Dell is pretty good at providing Bios updates.

Thema:

Graphics Driver crash

1. Graphics Driver crash - Similar Threads - Graphics Driver crash

2. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic driver crash: When I playing the game and my monitor turn off and graphic driver changed to Microsoft graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crash/08a49879-d409-422a-aa60-c6644d96057c
  3. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic driver crash: When I playing the game and my monitor turn off and graphic driver changed to Microsoft graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crash/08a49879-d409-422a-aa60-c6644d96057c
  4. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  6. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  7. Graphics Driver Repeatedly Crashing

Graphics Driver Repeatedly Crashing: A few days ago, my monitor screen began turning black. This happened most often on tab and window switches. I figured it wasn't a monitor issue, because turning the monitor on and off resolved until the next blackout. Ctrl + shift + windows + B also helped, so I figured it...
  8. Graphic driver crashing

Graphic driver crashing: I'm still......having trouble with my graphics driver crashing every time a video comes on FB. No one has been able to fix this yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crashing/e7a9cd51-130c-4fd4-8bcf-a5af0a1c19b6
  9. Graphics drivers keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics drivers keep crashing: So i bought a brand new computer with Windows 10, ran all the windows updates until it said there weren't anymore twice. I then updated all of the drivers (motherboard, cpu, graphics card, audio, ect.) And installed a game and tried to play, the graphics drivers repeatedly...
  10. Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes: My graphics driver crashes very often, followed by a message saying that the graphics driver has crashed and recovered. This never happened before upgrading to Windows 10. It happens most often when I'm playing Hearthstone, but also occasionally elsewhere. Today my computer...