Windows 10: Graphics driver not working properly & watchdog.sys crash

Discus and support Graphics driver not working properly & watchdog.sys crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It all started 2 days ago, when my graphics driver failed to start when I opened my computer. It was an issue I hadn't gotten in a good while & I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jean-Thomas Morin, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Graphics driver not working properly & watchdog.sys crash

It all started 2 days ago, when my graphics driver failed to start when I opened my computer. It was an issue I hadn't gotten in a good while & I thought I had fixed it for good. I tried to update the driver, but it already was at the latest version. I then tried to manually install the driver from the Nvidia website. (I'm using a GeForce GTX980), but in the middle of the installation my computer simply crashes without a blue screen, reboots and creates a dump file, which says that 'watchdog.sys' is the culprit. Ever since my graphics driver failed to start 2 days ago I've had quite a few performance problems while playing various games, and it seems that I cannot enable hardware acceleration anymore on my recording software.

Here's the complete info about the dump file:

Graphics driver not working properly & watchdog.sys crash 93d441d2-5348-4d04-bf49-c4783f84d159?upload=true.png

Thank you for taking your time to find a solution to my problem.

:)

Jean-Thomas Morin, Jul 13, 2018

2. Graphics Driver crashes

Hi Bastewart,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the sceen?

I would suggest you to check the compatibility of graphics card with windows 10.

Follow the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/Error/Index

As you have mentioned device manager is not able to recognize graphics card so I would suggest you to run hard ware and device troubleshooter and check.

Follow the below steps.

A) Go to the Control Panel then ‘Troubleshooting’ and select ‘troubleshooting’.

b) Click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ and select ‘Hardware and Devices’ and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

If it doesn't work so I would suggest you to Boot in safe mode and try to uninstall graphics drivers. restart the computer. check if you can boot normally.

If yes, Try to install latest Graphics Driver in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps.

a. Right click on setup file.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Click on Compatibility tab.

d. Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for.

e. Select the operating system to which the driver is available.

f. Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level.

Follow the link to boot in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Check if it helps. I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 13, 2018
  3. AceUser01 Win User
    Display driver intel HD graphics Driver stopped responding

Report from WhoCrashed:

System Information (local)

Computer name: HP-HOME

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10240

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS

Hardware: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC , Hewlett-Packard, 227E

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4288U CPU @ 2.60GHz Intel586, level: 6

4 logical processors, active mask: 15

RAM: 8516689920 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 15/10/2015 16:56:57 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101515-22875-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x3C3D)

Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0x11386E, 0x11386F, 0xFFFFE0014A6E23B0)

Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Watchdog Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 15/10/2015 16:56:57 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog!WdLogEvent5_WdCriticalError+0xCD)

Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0x11386E, 0x11386F, 0xFFFFE0014A6E23B0)

Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Watchdog Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 11/10/2015 15:58:18 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101115-21125-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: igdkmd64.sys (igdkmd64+0x16560)

Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFE000691204C0, 0xFFFFF80023926560, 0x0, 0xD)

Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys

product: Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R)

company: Intel Corporation

description: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation).

Google query: Intel Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites.
    Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often
    yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic
    general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes
    for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong
    to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you
    investigate this further.

AceUser01, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Graphics driver not working properly & watchdog.sys crash

Intel HD 5500 Graphics Driver Not Working Properly

Hi Baniak Ram,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Sound troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run Hardware and Sound troubleshooter
    and check.

• Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Follow the steps provided, to uninstall and reinstall the display driver.

• Press Windows logo + X key.
    • Click on device manager.
    • Select the display adaptor.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    • After the uninstalling the drivers restart the computer. This should automatically install proper drivers for it.
    You may also download and install the latest network adaptor drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Graphics driver not working properly & watchdog.sys crash

1. Graphics driver not working properly & watchdog.sys crash - Similar Threads - Graphics driver working

2. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic driver crash: When I playing the game and my monitor turn off and graphic driver changed to Microsoft graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crash/08a49879-d409-422a-aa60-c6644d96057c
  3. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  4. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  5. Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly.: "This computer uses software rendering. Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly." One of the video games shows me this. In other games, it started to slow down a lot and load for a long time. Before this, everything was normal, there were brakings, but not so...
  6. Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly.: "This computer uses software rendering. Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly." One of the video games shows me this. In other games, it started to slow down a lot and load for a long time. Before this, everything was normal, there were brakings, but not so...
  7. Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly.

8. Graphics driver not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics driver not working properly: I'm having trouble with my graphics card driver ATI Radeon HD 4250, the issue is that I have installed a really old driver and it's starting to give me some perfomance trouble 8.970.100.9001 from 1/13/2015, when I tried to update it to a newer one 30.0.14030.0 from1/25/2022,...
  9. Graphics driver not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver not working properly: I'm having trouble with my graphics card driver ATI Radeon HD 4250, the issue is that I have installed a really old driver and it's starting to give me some perfomance trouble 8.970.100.9001 from 1/13/2015, when I tried to update it to a newer one 30.0.14030.0 from1/25/2022,...
  10. Graphics driver not working properly

Users found this page by searching for:

1. watchdog.sys crash

2. This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog 0x41A0)

3. watchdog.sys (watchdog!WdLogEvent5_WdCriticalError 0xE0)

4. watchdog.sys crashes,
  5. windows 10 how to read the log for watchdog.sys