Windows 10: Graphics driver update

Discus and support Graphics driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I do a windows update my driver version goes back to version 15 2015 version and then I have to manually update my driver again. I have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kashief_512, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Graphics driver update

Every time I do a windows update my driver version goes back to version 15 2015 version and then I have to manually update my driver again. I have an AMD driver. Is it possible to prevent windows update from changing my driver version?

:)

Kashief_512, Jul 20, 2020

2. Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 20, 2020
  3. Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Graphics driver update

Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Graphics driver update

1. Graphics driver update - Similar Threads - Graphics driver update

2. Updating My Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating My Graphics Driver: My current graphics driver is AMD Ryzen 5 5500U, a relatively old driver, that is not efficient enough for an app that I am trying to run. So i went to install an updated version of it: AMD Adrenalin 24.1.1I got the file for it off this site...
  3. graphics driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphics driver updates: Are there any available driver updates for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-updates/417fd5f7-5670-4dac-8506-d584e97e84ac
  4. graphics driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphics driver updates: Are there any available driver updates for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-updates/417fd5f7-5670-4dac-8506-d584e97e84ac
  5. graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphic driver update: I'm asked to update graphic drivers with "OPENGL3.1 or higher" in order to run zwift app on my PC. However, I'm struggling to find something to install which fits my Window 10. Can you give advise? Best regards Rune...
  6. Graphics card Driver update

Graphics card Driver update: Hello, I wanted to update the driver for my Intel UHD Graphics 620 so I headed over to intel's website and downloaded the update and installed, then i was asked to restart so i restarted. After restarting the same installation window popped up and the repeated the same...
  7. Update Graphics Card driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Graphics Card driver: Hello,My Graphics card is Nvidia GT710.Occasionally I update its driver.Several times ago I updated the driver by running the .exe file and selecting only the graphics driver, nothing else.It left a large folder "Installer2" (about 530 MB) in the program files folder,...
  8. Unable to update graphics driver

Unable to update graphics driver: Hi. I am facing a problem where I am trying to update my Intel g41 express chipset driver and the latest version which supports this graphics is 15.17.19.64.2869 but in windows 10 it keeps on saying my computer does not meet minimum system requirements even though it supports...
  9. graphics driver update

graphics driver update: how do I update my graphics driver on windows 10 64 base acer laptop so I can run droid4x https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-update/7075e66a-5332-468e-8300-225647cb510d
  10. Updating graphics driver

Updating graphics driver: How do I update Windows 10 graphics driver from 23.21.13.9125 to 24.21.13.9924? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-graphics-driver/19329e05-e070-446c-aec2-b3823b5fd277