Windows 10: Graphics issue going to build 10525 - basic adapter used

Discus and support Graphics issue going to build 10525 - basic adapter used in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi Gang, My DV-7 Laptop which is running A Radeon 3200 Graphics adapter, was on the RTM release of 10 just fine. I decided to accept the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RWOne, Aug 18, 2015.

1. RWOne Win User

Graphics issue going to build 10525 - basic adapter used

Hi Gang,

My DV-7 Laptop which is running A Radeon 3200 Graphics adapter, was on the RTM release of 10 just fine.

I decided to accept the new insider build of 10525, and it went through, however, the OS when looking at the display is using the MS basic display adapter (when clicking on advanced display settings), when in device manager the Radeon is still listed as the adapter and with no issues (no errors or codes or exclamation points)

This causes an issue whereas I cannot get my 1440x900 native resolution on the screen.

I've rolled back to the RTM for the moment, but had tried:

Uninstalling both monitor and display adapter and rebooting.

Can't rollback the driver, as it was an upgrade, plus, it's the same 2015 driver used in the RTM, rechecked dev manager after I reverted, so nothing is different in dev manager between builds here.

I'm stumped. I can stay on the RTM for now, but if I'm going to try out the latest builds later on, I'd need something to figure out this apparent loss of it being seen by the build, even when the adapter itself is the only one listed.

Thanks beforehand....

:)

RWOne, Aug 18, 2015

2. cannot set highest resolution on graphics card; it isn't even listed

I had figured out how to make my Radeon HD 4870 run at 1920x1200 with Windows 10 final release (and the betas before that). Then I let build 10525 download and install. Now my resolution maxes out at 1600x1200. I let Microsoft back out build 10525 to
    the final official build and I still have a max resolution of 1600x1200. I've tried uninstalling the driver Microsoft supplies (it see the correct graphics card) and using AMD's Catalyst control center (15.7.1) but have the same results.

Anyone have a solution (other than going back to Windows 7)?

Gerald A Fahrenkopf, Aug 18, 2015
  3. arulchris Win User
    No Display in Laptop Screen After Boot - Latitude e6510 - nvidia 3100m

Hi...

In my Latitude e6510 with nvidia 3100M graphics card,

Laptops Internal Display does not work after windows 10 boot. I have to connect an External Monitor to login and use the laptop.

The Internal Display works well when I Uninstall the nvidia nvs 3100M driver and use Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

I Tried reinstalling display drivers, tried various driver versions till the recent release, also reinstalled windows 10 still no luck...

Everything was working fine until that horrible day! the insider build 10525 was released.

some one save me...... pls....

(i have spent so many days following all suggestions found on the internet....)

arulchris, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Graphics issue going to build 10525 - basic adapter used

My desktop HD3850 card was the same - fine before the new build - 1280X1024 after. I eventually got it going using the "let me choose from a list of devices on my computer" which showed a driver with a date of sometime in 2015 as opposed to the 2013 stuff I had tried to install. After much black screening and device connect/disconnect noises it was back to it's 1920X1080 and two monitors

pillboxhunter, Aug 19, 2015
  5. You should post threads about the new build in the Insiders Section of the forum -- that's where the folks using the new build will see it and respond.

Mark Phelps, Aug 19, 2015
  6. RWOne Win User
    Will re-post and mark here as solved. Mods may remove if necessary.

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Graphics issue going to build 10525 - basic adapter used

1. Graphics issue going to build 10525 - basic adapter used - Similar Threads - Graphics issue going

2. UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.: Hi,I Was Trying To Run Valorant But It Gave Me An Error.DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required To Run The Engine.I Tried Running Other UE4 Games. Some Gave Me The Same Error And Some Gave Me A Different Error And Some Were Working.Some Gave Me "Shader Model 5.0 Is Required To...
  3. UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.: Hi,I Was Trying To Run Valorant But It Gave Me An Error.DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required To Run The Engine.I Tried Running Other UE4 Games. Some Gave Me The Same Error And Some Gave Me A Different Error And Some Were Working.Some Gave Me "Shader Model 5.0 Is Required To...
  4. Microsoft basic graphics adapter not updating to Intel HD Graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft basic graphics adapter not updating to Intel HD Graphics: so i had this nvidia graphics adapter and whenever i updated its driver it only made my screen black and i cant see anything so i had to remove the driver update everytime because i though i can fix it somehow with something, but i got tired one day and just deleted it i had...
  5. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter issue: Hi all, I have a brand new setup with the below: OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Processor: AMD Ryzen Quad Core 3.6 GHz Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti DirectX: Version 12 But for some reason the system only recognizes the Microsoft Basic Display...
  6. Basic Display Adapter Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Basic Display Adapter Issue: I have a problem with my newly upgraded old laptop to windows 10 pro. The display is not good, the video is fragmented and sometimes freezing. I have checked all the drivers in the device manager and updated all but still no changes. In the display adapter the driver is named...
  7. Chrome x64 and Build 10525

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome x64 and Build 10525: Anybody else having problems running Chrome 64-bit on build 10525? Runs fine on 10240, but does a crash-and-burn on 10525. Get the "He's dead, Jim" screen. Uninstalled, re-installed, several times. 32-bit runs fine. Very strange.... 17817
  8. Can only use "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can only use "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as my graphics driver: Hi, I'm having a really annoying issue where the only working driver I can use is the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Every single other driver I have tried will all cause me to experience BSOD and the error message "Display Driver Has Stopped Responding". The issue...
  9. build 10525

in Windows 10 Support
    build 10525: What do they mean build 10525? How do I know what build I have? If I don't have where do I get It? Don Cole 59164
  10. Question on Windows Old using Build 10525

in Windows 10 Support
    Question on Windows Old using Build 10525: I was wondering if it would be OK to remove Windows Old in this build? I can always go back to the RTM with MR. 17547