Windows 10: Graphics issue with Action Center and Control Panel Search Bar

Discus and support Graphics issue with Action Center and Control Panel Search Bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I need some expert guidance. My computer is acting weird. So I have two monitors hooked up to my ASUS GTX 2080 graphics card. I didn't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mega1x, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Mega1x Win User

Graphics issue with Action Center and Control Panel Search Bar

Hi Guys,

I need some expert guidance. My computer is acting weird. So I have two monitors hooked up to my ASUS GTX 2080 graphics card. I didn't have this issue before, but now it's bothering me. So now I am seeing some notifications such as the virus scanner, and sometimes windows app installations the notifications that come up on the bottom right of the screen are off-screen and big. As if it's trying to appear in both the second monitor and first. How Do I stop that, and how do I kind of rearrange it so it's not off-screen. The second issue is there is a graphical issue when I'm in the control panel and I press the search bar. It becomes big, I am posting a screenshot.

Also finally whenever I am typing nothing happens and then all of a sudden text appears quickly. Like the computer freezes for half a second and continues on. Like a frame lag almost, but it gets annoying.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS build 18363.752

Thanks!

Graphics issue with Action Center and Control Panel Search Bar [​IMG]

:)

Mega1x, Apr 5, 2020

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 5, 2020
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Graphics issue with Action Center and Control Panel Search Bar

Windows 10 Search for Control Panel Results Not Clickable.

Hi Steve,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with using search bar on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in search bar settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "any search result that is Control Panel related", are you referring to accessing the settings inside Control Panel through search bar?

I suggest you to turn off Cortana from the settings.

1. Open Cortana.

2. Then click on Notebook symbol.

3. Click on Settings.

4. Then turn off Cortana.

5. Then check if you are able to search Control Panel properly in the search bar.

6. After that again turn on Cortana.

I suggest you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post for better understanding of the problem.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using search bar in Windows 10
    , we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Graphics issue with Action Center and Control Panel Search Bar

1. Graphics issue with Action Center and Control Panel Search Bar - Similar Threads - Graphics issue Action

2. Action center bar is not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center bar is not visible: For nearly 3 months my action center bar is not showing in the taskbar. I tried to on it in the settings but it is in on only and I couldn't on or off in the settings. It's like not for changing and in black color while other bars are in white and able to change tha settings....
  3. Can't open action center, can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't open action center, can't type in search bar: In the past few days i'm having a problem with opening action center or type in search bar. What happens is i click on the bar or the icon, but its immediately closes it self like i double click on it really fast. It's not the first time it happened, i had this problem like...
  4. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

in Cortana
    CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR: Whenever i try to type something in the search bar it doesnt type anything but my keyboard is working on google and other programs. I have tried writing the commands in powershell and command prompt, disabled all programs, doing the indexing thing etc. but it is still not...
  5. Cannot open notification panel or action center

Cannot open notification panel or action center: I have windows 10 64 bit. I cannot open my notification panel or open action center. It started happening suddenly while using my laptop. How do I fix this?...
  6. Issue with Action Center

Issue with Action Center: Hi, I am facing an issue related to Action Center. It was displaying/pop up every sec when i click/touch on the key board. so every time i need to point the cursor on monitor to continue my work due to interruption of this action center. It's irritating every time not...
  7. Control Panel Search bar appearing twice

Control Panel Search bar appearing twice: I am using Win 10 Pro. Just after recent update to build version 18363.657, I noticed that Control Panel search bar is appearing twice and only the left search box is allowing me to type. Also with Control Panel open if I click on Search Box in task bar the control panel...
  8. The "Control panel" search bar is not working.

in Cortana
    The "Control panel" search bar is not working.: Yup .. as you see in the subject The "Control panel" search bar is not working. I can't type any thing , not just that .. I tried to click at the search bar, but yeah it's also not working. when you open the "Control panel" and you want to search about something, you...
  9. Control Panel Search Bar

in Cortana
    Control Panel Search Bar: When i type the first character in the control panel's search bar it does not show the result of the programs that started with that character unless i press enter which is really annoying.In past i was typing one letter and windows was giving results without me pressing...
  10. Action Center issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center issue: I have the the white action center icon in the lower right portion of my taskbar. It shows I have new notifications when I hover over it but when I click on it , it doesn't do anything. With previous builds I could click on it and the notifications would slide out from the...