Windows 10: Graphics Kernel going haywire

Discus and support Graphics Kernel going haywire in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this recurring problem for a few months now, and I've tried everything I possibly could to attempt to fix it. Unless I find a solution, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sp4de, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Sp4de Win User

Graphics Kernel going haywire

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]I've had this recurring problem for a few months now, and I've tried everything I possibly could to attempt to fix it. Unless I find a solution, I'm gonna have to end up sending my laptop in for repairs, which I really don't want to do since I need it for school and I've only had it for around 7 months.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Here's my problem: Whenever I play a game using my gpu RTX 2060, my frames will spontaneously plummet while my gpu 3d rendering will spike to 100%.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]This does not happen continuously. When I first boot up any game, it works perfectly fine. I push 120 frames, images are crisp and responses are fast. Everything you would expect from a proper gaming laptop. However, after around 15-20 minutes, the frames plummet out of nowhere down to 30 fps at best and 10 fps at worst. Sometimes I've decided to play through the plummet, and after a good half an hour, the frames will randomly go back up to 120 fps, returning to its crisp gameplay. Then, after another 15 minutes, it plummets again, thus entering a cycle of ups and downs.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]I have found other people who get similar issues where their frames plummet and audio gets staticy, a symptom of something wrong with gpu drivers or whatnot. However, I have yet to ever see a situation like mine, where the problem is on and off and not constant.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Luckily, I at least have some idea as to what's causing it. Using my trusty latency monitor, I've been able to find that the dxgkernel is the reason. According to the monitor, the kernel is executing for too long, thus lowering frames. However, I have found no solution to fix this issue.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]I've done everything. I've reinstalled windows, I've done corruption checks, I've installed many different driver versions, and I've updated my BIOS. The only thing I haven't done is installed a previous version of windows like windows 7 or windows 2004 update.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]So, after all the scouring through forums, reading crash logs, and doing everything short of tampering with the kernel itself, I'm officially declaring myself stumped. I've never had such a persistent issue before, and I don't know where to go for help. Not even Acer support was able to help, and they only told me that if their simple solutions don't work, then I would have to send it in for repairs. But since that would take two or three weeks, I really don't want to resort to that.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]So here I am, pleading to the forums myself.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Here are my computer details:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Laptop model: Acer Predator Helios 300 Bought it new from Amazon[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Cpu: Core i7-10750H[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Gpu: RTX 2060[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Ram: 16gb/ two 500gb SSD sticks/ Wifi 6[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]If you need any more details or information, let me know and I'll quickly get them to you. I thank anyone who takes the time to help.[/COLOR]

:)

Sp4de, Apr 18, 2021

2. Computer going Haywire

Hi Melinda Hatton,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode

Method 1: Safe Mode.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press
      ENTER.

If you are able to boot your computer into Safe Mode, I suggest you to update your graphic and all other driver check.

Method 2: update drivers.

Before you update the drivers, please enable the computer to get automatic updates,

Download and install drivers

Download and install drivers in Windows 8.1

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

You may also download the latest graphic and all other drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Computer going Haywire

No, I have to say that did not work for me. Since I downloaded windows 10 to my laptop the screen just keeps on flashing off and on. I can't get passed that screen to do anything. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

MelindaHatton, Apr 18, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Graphics Kernel going haywire - Similar Threads - Graphics Kernel going

2. My laptop is going haywire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is going haywire: So my tech jumper laptop keeps turning on for about 1 second and turning back off UNLESS I hold down the windows button. Anyone know why this is happening? It’s not the cooling or the power...
  3. My laptop is going haywire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is going haywire: So my tech jumper laptop keeps turning on for about 1 second and turning back off UNLESS I hold down the windows button. Anyone know why this is happening? It’s not the cooling or the power...
  4. Graphics go haywire when running games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics go haywire when running games: I just got this new Lenovo IdeaPad 1, and was testing it out, and when I got into the Xbox app to try and run games my frames froze, and looked like smeared paint all across my screen. Then when I ran the games on Xbox app it would do the same but way worse and on top of that...
  5. Graphics go haywire when running games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics go haywire when running games: I just got this new Lenovo IdeaPad 1, and was testing it out, and when I got into the Xbox app to try and run games my frames froze, and looked like smeared paint all across my screen. Then when I ran the games on Xbox app it would do the same but way worse and on top of that...
  6. Asus UX330UAK Mouse going haywire.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus UX330UAK Mouse going haywire.: I have an intermittent problem with my touchpad pointer jumping around and clicking sporadically. It just starting doing this a few days ago. From reading online it may be associated with a windows update. I have updated everything in windows update and from asus live update....
  7. Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use: I was out of town for a week and came back home to find my computer Dell desktop running Windows 10 almost unusable. Difficult to explain but it's almost as though a ghost has taken over my keyboard. Any attempt to type anything such as a URL, a Google search, or a start...
  8. Windows and Office going haywire

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows and Office going haywire: Windows asks me for settings every couple of weeks. Things like do I want to synchronize settings across my different devices, etc. Stuff that should be associated with my Microsoft account. Also, I periodically have to reboot and this is when it almost always happens...
  9. App Curation going Haywire

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    App Curation going Haywire: The Issue Alright. I will start by saying this: Nobody using the family PC is able to use the Calculator app.THE CALCULATOR APP. Nor are we able to use any Microsoft Store apps or the Microsoft Store itself. Are there any files I can delete that can disable the parental...
  10. Screen going haywire

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen going haywire: Hey there. So not too long ago I've started using Microsoft Teams due to online classes. Now, after installing it, some windows seem to go haywire. Here's an example image of what my screen sometimes looks like when in Microsoft Teams, League of Legends or something else....